Vitamin C Protocol for Chronic Lyme

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

burley

Vitamin C Protocol for Chronic Lyme

Post Number:#1  Post by burley » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:05 am

[split this new discussion from the Sepsis discussion to make it easier to find..]

QUESTION COMES TO MIND About this CURE for SEPSIS.... Is Sepsis connected to LYME?
--Does Dr Marik's formula for curing Sepsis, which includes the addition of "Cortisol & Vitamin B1" to IVC, have an application to IVC Lyme treatments?

--Would the addition of "Cortisol & Vitamin B1" to IVC for Lyme improve the IVC treatment for Lyme?
-----------------

Many of you may be wondering WHY I ask a question that connects the medical condition SEPSIS with a Lyme infection.

Here is how my question came to mind......

---1. First I discovered that the TruthCures Website ( http://www.truthcures.org/tickbite-sepsis ) claims borrelia is a fungal parasite whose Osp-A Blebs are fungal toxins that turn off the human immune system (AIDS), which also creates a SEPSIS Syndrome in the infected human.

---2. Then I discovered that a critical-care physician [Dr. Paul Marik, MD] at Eastern Virginia Medical School found what he believes is a cure for sepsis [(IV Vitamin C/Cortisol/Vitamin B1 treatment)]. The discovery came by accident while Dr. Paul Marik, MBBC was treating a patient who was dying of sepsis…..

http://www.evms.edu/about_evms/administ ... sepsis.php

----2b -- CCR17 Cure for Sepsis Presentation Video by Dr. Paul Marik [ 35 minute video]
https://vimeo.com/203813259

davea0511
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: The Cure for Sepsis - Vitamin C - New Standard of Care in Medicine

Post Number:#2  Post by davea0511 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Poor Dr. Marik has been called every name in the book. It's fun to see all the heads exploding on the so-called sciencebasedmedicine.org wackos who think science isn't science until they say it's science.

Incidentally tetanus is a form of sepsis, and IVC was shown to work against that as early as 1984: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6466264

synopsis:
"In the age group of 1-12 years, 31 patients were treated with AA as additional to antitetanus serum, sedatives and antibiotics. It was found that none of the patients died who received AA along with the conventional antitetanus therapy. On the other hand, 74.2 per cent of the tetanus patients who received the conventional antitetanus therapy without AA (control group) were succumbed to the infection."

I always find it interesting when there is such a strong marker and no follow up is ever done. Bewildering.
The ascorbist-greeting:
"Score big, eh eh?", "Is yea.", "Excelente'."

(igpay-atinlay of: "Ascorbic?","Yes.","Excellent.")
Short-form: "Score?", "Score." [knuckle bump]

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:37 am

QUESTION COMES TO MIND About this CURE for SEPSIS.... Is Sepsis connected to LYME?

No expert, but my understanding of "sepsis" is that it is an infection that has literally broken through the arteries into the tissues. The syndrome could be caused by any number of organisms. And we seem to have learned from this forum, that vitamin C, by itself, is not a cure for chronic Lyme, although many people use vitamin C, especially True-liposomal vitamin C, to relieve the symptoms of Lyme.

I'm still stuck on the idea of only 1.5 grams of IV/C as part of Marik's protocol - since Fred Klenner's was so much higher, and Marik has referred to Klenner.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath

burley

Post Number:#4  Post by burley » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:26 am

In regard to the use of IVC to treat Chronic Lyme disease, here is, I think, an important IVC (Weekly, at first) / Liposomal Vitamin C / Herbal / Diet / Neurotransmitter Support protocol people should be aware of by Chinese Medicine herbalist Althea Northage-Orr, L.Ac., RH (AHG), who herself was a victim of severe neurological Lyme.............:

[PDF]Treatment for Lyme Disease with Liposomal Vitamin C, Diet, Neurotransmitter Support Supplements, and Herbs …
http://www.americanherbalistsguild.com/ ... icle_0.pdf

Treatment for Lyme Disease with Liposomal Vitamin C, Diet, Neurotransmitter Support ... after recommended treatment regimens for Lyme disease (CDC/IDSA …

To quote one short section of this 15 page PDF...

"The Protocol
My own clinical approach to Lyme disease has undergone many stages, in part driven by my own four-year exhaustive battle with a severe form of neurologically active Lyme. In the last three years, I have treated numerous cases of chronic Lyme. Most of them had opted not to do intravenous antibiotic treatments, and they responded very well to this protocol. A smaller number either had tried the IV antibiotic protocols and had not been successful, or were on them when they came in.

In one notable case, the patient arrived in a wheelchair, with massive pain and Parkinson’s- like symptoms, widespread cognitive issues and muscular weakness. She was receiving daily IV drugs and was severely debilitated. Within six weeks on the following protocol, she was off the drugs and out of the wheelchair; at three months out she was able to return to work. Eighteen months later, she remains stable.

The protocol that I am about to describe possesses the benefit of adhering to the Hippocratic maxim of “Do no harm” and is based upon my own clinical experiences and upon the scientific information we have about Lyme disease.

In addition to being effective, the protocol minimizes (if not completely eliminates) the dreaded Herxheimer effect caused by the inflammatory action of the endotoxins emitted when the spirochetes die. The treatment is composed of four elements, each of which addresses different aspects of the disease.

They are: the bacteriostatic effects of high-dose Vitamin C , dietary support, neurotransmitter support, and botanical medicine....

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin C Protocol for Chronic Lyme

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:07 am

This begs a question for eDOC when he returns... He claims to be able to cure almost any chronic infection with IV/DMSO, which raises the question, does he have any experience with Lyme disease?

As I read the DMSO Handbook, it make sense that IV/DMSO ought to be tried, and might even become front-line treatment for Lyme disease. DMSO has a general anti-pathogen property, that is, it can destroy bacteria, viruses and parasites, etc. Combining it with Hydrogen Peroxide (or the MMS) makes it even more potent against pathogens. It helps move oxygen into cells and through tissues. Since it disperses through the entire body (actually exchanging places with water molecules) as it travels, it should be able to find the Lyme pathogens - where ever they are hiding or whatever shape they have adopted.

One may combine IV DMOS with IV Vitamin C, again, increasing a synergy for detox, which must be the issue. The Lyme organisms must release toxins, and vitamin C's ability to nullify these toxins (but not kill the organism) would explain why IV/C is important to relieve symptoms.

Given the limited number of physicians with IV/DMSO experience, a Lyme disease sufferer may have to start with topical and/or oral DMSO (perhaps in conjunctions with IV/C). In my personal experience - 1 or 2 teaspoons of 99% pure mixed with a glass of water and some sweetner, taken 3 times daily, could approach 20 mL of DMSO orally. This is strong, but easily tolerated - especially if it can kill the Lyme organisms. The other option is to topically apply a diluted DMSO to the lower extremities (which can reportedly tolerate DMSO better than the upper torso). DMSO will as easily get into the blood stream and propagate from topical as oral. (If anyone with Lyme has success - let us know.)

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by eDOC » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Chronic Lymes?

I have treated successfully a few patients with Chronic Lymes, with IV DMSO, they were already taking high dose IVC, Glutathione, Antibiotics, Stem cell and many herbs etc, with none positive effects.

Good luck!
eDOC!!

Brief Comments: Would be in Beijing/China for another 8-12 weeks:
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:44 am

Glad you checked in. You say "treated" Lyme - any success? If so, IV protocol?

Also have you reviewed my PDF of your previous "pearls of DMSO wisdom" from previous posts?
http://vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13285

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by eDOC » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:17 am

Yes, I got success, correct IV DMSO!
Didn't have the time, must be good.......

Good luck!
eDOC!!

PS: My last few replies.

burley

Post Number:#9  Post by burley » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:47 pm

ofonorow,

----1st QUESTION about combining Oral DMSO with Oral vitamin c.........:

I recently took orally 2 grams of vitamin c {ascorbic acid (1/2 teaspoon) + baking soda (1/4 teaspoon)}, to which after the bubbling stopped I added one dropper full of 70% DMSO.

What I noticed a few hours later was that the crotch area of my underwear was saturated with perspiration.
Q.....: Any ideas on why this would happen (crotch perspiration)?

----2nd QUESTION about combining Oral DMSO with Oral vitamin c.........:

I have read that Vitamin C cannot pass through the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) (only the oxidized version of Vitamin C can pass through the BBB).
And I have read that DMSO will take whatever is mixed with it through the BBB.
Q......: Will/Can DMSO take vitamin C through the BBB when the two are mixed together? Thus greatly increasing the vitamin C level in the Brain?

If the answer is YES, then does not this imply that combining the two (DMSO & Vitamin C) would be very beneficial for Lyme and other chronic illnesses?

Marcel80

Post Number:#10  Post by Marcel80 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi, i put some info about work od dr Paul Marik

Full interview with Dr. Paul Marik
https://youtu.be/yfXVce34A78

His paper"
Hydrocortisone, Vitamin C, and Thiamine for the Treatment of Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27940189
Full paper
http://www.isepsis.com/wp-content/uploa ... iamine.pdf

This one i think is from Immune Defense Summit. He describe above paper
Vitamin C Sepsis New 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVk7WyfP6J0

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:20 am

To the second to last post by Burky - no idea about the crotch perspiration.

But the brain has the most reduced ascorbate of any organ in the body, and a Russian group found that it travels to the brain via spinal fluid, not via the blood, and thus bypasses the blood/brain barrier.

I've tried to monitor my own mental faculties since beginning IV/DMSO... hard to judge oneself, but my memory seems to be okay. I don't notice any decline.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by eDOC » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:46 pm

burley wrote:ofonorow,

I recently took orally 2 grams of vitamin c {ascorbic acid (1/2 teaspoon) + baking soda (1/4 teaspoon)}, to which after the bubbling stopped I added one dropper full of 70% DMSO.

What I noticed a few hours later was that the crotch area of my underwear was saturated with perspiration.

----2nd QUESTION about combining Oral DMSO with Oral vitamin c.........:

I have read that Vitamin C cannot pass through the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) (only the oxidized version of Vitamin C can pass through the BBB).
And I have read that DMSO will take whatever is mixed with it through the BBB.
Q......: Will/Can DMSO take vitamin C through the BBB when the two are mixed together? Thus greatly increasing the vitamin C level in the Brain?

If the answer is YES, then does not this imply that combining the two (DMSO & Vitamin C) would be very beneficial for Lyme and other chronic illnesses?

I was hoping Owen to reply, since I requested some time back.....

1st Question reply: (Crotch perspiration): Don't add AA BUT SA to DMSO, and no baking soda. Hope you are using loose boxers vs. tight ones. Need to give ample air, for detoxants to come out on the surface.
One of my patients had severe sweating and developed a rash in crotch area, not doing the above, another developed scales on soles...

DMSO plus VC for Lyme's are you serious??

eDOC!!

burley

Post Number:#13  Post by burley » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:01 pm

eDoc,
In response to my question about using IV Vitamin C with IV DMSO, you responded:

".....DMSO plus VC for Lyme's are you serious??"

Why is it NOT a good idea to combine IV Vitamin C with IV DMSO?

Thanks,
Steve

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by eDOC » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:17 pm

One requires a lot of important supplements, besides DMSO (mainline) to successfully treat Chronic Lyme's and other similar diseases, like Heavy metal poisoning which at times is coexisting in such patients or MS, Chronic Fatigue....

VC is required, but probably comes at the end of my list...... OR may not be even required at all. In all the cases that I have treated and cured.

The list and their dosages, can only be made, once I have access to all medical details!

eDOC!!
Last edited by eDOC on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by eDOC » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:19 pm

burley wrote:ofonorow,

Typical sign of DMSO detox, often seen in my patients.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”