German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

Post Number:#271  Post by Frodo » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Hi Owen

After a little break (I finished my book. Title: Jimmy Blue - And The Run For My Life; only in german language) back at the forum.
I had some blood tests this week. My lp(a) was 208 nmol/l (ref. value <75). So unfortunately only slightly decreased (from 238 to 208).
I‘m still looking for why the value increased three months ago and doesn‘t decrease.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#272  Post by ofonorow » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:36 am

Congrats on book.
As I must have said many times, if that Lp(a) score is measured correctly, it is even more reason to keep taking the Pauling/Rath lp(a) binding inhibitors.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#273  Post by Frodo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:10 am

Owen

How much vitamin C, lysine and prolin do you take?
I take about 30 g vitamin V, 8 g lysine and 1,5 g proline.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#274  Post by ofonorow » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:22 pm

I have reduced my intake over the years, so I generally take 1 or 2 scoops of Cardio-C - so between 3 and 6 grams of vitamin C, roughly the same lysine and about 1 gram of proline.

I also add some vitamin C powder - probably another 4 grams. (I used to take 9000, twice per day)

And alt doc found some studies with guinea pigs that seemed to show very high vitamin C may interfere with the HIPA axis - the signaling system that requests cortisol from the adrenals. Since something is interfering with my cortisol, I have tried lowering my vitamin C, so far, to no avail....

Now you are a good researcher, and you have European research at your fingertips :-) As you may or may not know, I have become enthralled with the "other worldly" information in print form by the so-called Medical Medium - Anthony William. In his fifth book, Celery Juice, he spends more time on vitamin C than the earlier books, and claims that the little vitamin C is celery juice is methylated, and thus does not have to be processed by the liver to be bioavailable.

Lots to digest there, and at least we found that ascorbic acid can be methylated in the test tube.

If, in fact, ascorbic acid has to be methylated by the liver before it can be absorbed into cells, this would be a revolutionary idea. If you find anything in your neck of the woods, I'd appreciate the reference. (Now that are other "high level" statements that the liver combines "certain" antioxidants with "amino acids" creating compounds that bring life back to cells.. Lots of thought provoking "stuff" to say the least.

I am currently on day 7 of the celery juice protocol, which it is said, can revive the adrenal glands to proper function... Time will tell.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#275  Post by Frodo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:47 pm

Owen

What cortisol level do you have? And how was it measured? In blood or in saliva?

Did you ever have your dhea value and progesteron measured?

And last question: What are your values for amino acids (aminogram)?

My values:

cortisol (in saliva) 3020 pg/ml (too low/I think caused by meditation)

DHEA: 195 pg/ml (too low, I increased my dhea capsules)

Progesteron: 308 pg/ml (I take progesteron natural)

Aminogram: on top level.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#276  Post by Frodo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Owen
I forget celery juice. I‘m sure celery juice is healthy. But I doubt he‘ll help you.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#277  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:34 am

Frodo wrote:Owen
I forget celery juice. I‘m sure celery juice is healthy. But I doubt he‘ll help you.

he he he... My thinking just about a month ago. That is what experiments are for, to help determine "Truth." So far after a week on the celery juice protocol (first thing, on an empty stomach) I have noticed two things. I was reading in the CELERY JUICE book about the cause of all/most eye problems, and how celery juice is better than wild blue berries for the eyes.. Then I noticed, all my eye floaters are gone! After 8-9 daily glasses. Last night, I didn't get up during the night to pee - not once :D

The Celery Juice book is around 200 pages, and is the fifth "text book" from our outer worldly friends he he he But so far so good...

I have what is called "adrenal insufficiency". There are probably archives of my case histories, because at the time, everyone thought I was fighting an infection. I spent 10 days in intensive care, was out for 30 days, then back in for another 10 days of intensive care. Never really diagnosed, but my primary doc gave me a methyl prednisilone Pak. Scared of steroids, I avoided it, until 80 g IV/C didn't help (as I was sure it would). Then I discovered that one tiny pill corrected the problem, read and found Safe Used of Cortisol, 3rd Edition, by William Mck Jefferies, and finally, after almost dying in the hospital, a smart endocrinologist diagnosed me.. (I have saliva tests that she doesn't recognized that prove it.)

So now I know that I don't make the one hormone - cortisol - that if you don't have in your body for 24-48 hours, you die. According to Jefferies, it is the only essential hormone. (And I can tell you what happens if one in my condition forgets to take a pill or two... Blood pressure drops, I am unable to literally move, get off the bed or floor, and the ER docs fear for my life - until they put the IV in and give me steroids :-)

I spend all this time, because if the information about the special "cluster salts" in Celery juice is true (along with the methylated vitamin C) then I am the perfect test candidate..The claim is that it will regenerate my adrenal cells and restore adrenal function :-)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#278  Post by Frodo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:30 am

Owen
Of course I know your deplorable „story“. Especially from your hospital report. And also know about your cortisol problem. That‘s why I asked for the other values. The adrenalin glands also produce other hormones like adrenalin, noradrenalin, DHEA and in small amounts progesterone.
The temporary use of hydrocorisone (as you have done or are doing) is, like phytotherapy. a much cited therapeutic approach.
But I think it‘s more about a systemic approach. What‘s wrong with the system body? And how can that be corrected?
That was the reason for my questions.
Best wishes
Frodo

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#279  Post by ofonorow » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:55 am

Apparently, my condition varies from our former President, John F. Kennedy, who had full blown Addison's Disease - which is a total adrenal malfunction. My deficiency is in cortisol, and again, it is the only "essential" hormone, in that you cannot live more than 48 hours without it. My endocrinologist ran some blood tests, but not of any of the values you mentioned.

Again, the unearthly info focuses on adrenaline, and claims that our bodies produce various blends of adrenaline (depending on the emotion) and the number 56 comes to mind. It is also claimed that the adrenals produce many more substances than medical research and science has yet discovered. (The original myriad of substances/hormones were identified after adrenal glands were removed in breast cancer patients - trying to stop the estrogen production. These were the substances/hormones that caused death, if they were not replaced.)

In any event, nothing I have tried so far, including very high pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) has revitalized my adrenal function. I am going to give the celery juice a fair shot. And as I read, I find it interesting that this source blames kidney stones on a high-fat/high-protein diet, e.g. https://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14539
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#280  Post by Frodo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:48 am

Owen
Once again. Because I‘d like to help.
My wife asked me „What about iodine?“ Maybe she‘s right.
The German Kyra Hoffmann wrote in her book „Iodine“ (also did Lynne Farrow, I remember):

„The adrenal glands have a close connection to the thyroid. Not only do they share the tyrosine (aminoacude) they need for the formation of catecholamines in the adrenal medulla, but they also have a great need for iodine - like the thyroid.
Chronic stress can lead to exhaustion of the adrenal glands, and the catecholamines and/or cortisol and dhea fall off. Adrenal medulla insufficiency is usually treated with aminoacids phenylalanine and/or tyrosine.
If there is also weakness of the adrenal glands, hydrocortisone is also used.
Due to our experience with adrenal insufficiency, we know that the therapy can take a very long time. Iodine respectively the compensation of iodine deficiency often leads to a significantly shortened duration of therapy.“

Perhaps it could help you.
Do you know your iodine level and, once again, your aminogram?

Wish you all the best
Frodo

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#281  Post by Frodo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:02 am

Another tip. Search on thyroidpharmacist.com
I cured my hashimotos with Izabella Wentz. And they all said, it‘s incurable

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#282  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:07 pm

Thanks. I have read David Browstein's IODINE and do supplement, but perhaps not as much as I should.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#283  Post by Frodo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:15 am

One year ago I did the iodine loading test according to Brownstein/Abraham. I had a deficit of 39%. Then I took 12 mg lugol‘s iodine daily. (Brownstein says 12 to 50 mg)
At the moment I still take 6 mg. By the way, my adrenal glands were also too wesk, caused by hashimoto.
Have you ever had your thyroid antibodies measured?

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#284  Post by Frodo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:18 am

Sorry, correction: ... were also too weak (not wesk)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#285  Post by ofonorow » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:45 am

The Medical Medium has five text books, one devoted entirely to THYROID - which will be the last one I read. I started, and the claim early on is that conventional medicine has it mostly wrong, alternative medicine is a little better, but neither has a clue about what really goes wrong with the Thyroid gland. (Providing missing thyroid hormone does nothing to enhance and rejuvenate the health of the Thyroid.) The book claims that those who read the book will become experts by the time they have finished the book :-) I'll let you know....
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”