Had a scare today.

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Had a scare today.

Post by eDOC » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:35 pm

I agree & know that ACE blockers cause a dry hacking cough. But not ACE inhib blockers.

As a replacement for metoprolol (alpha & beta blockers).

Cozar 50mg once a day or 50 mg in the morning & 25 mg in the evening.......titrate the dosage according to BP readings. No need for metaprolol.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

randian

Post by randian » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:53 pm

eDOC wrote:I agree & know that ACE blockers cause a dry hacking cough. But not ACE inhib blockers.

As a replacement for metoprolol (alpha & beta blockers).

Cozar 50mg once a day or 50 mg in the morning & 25 mg in the evening.......titrate the dosage according to BP readings. No need for metaprolol.

Is Cozaar a more effective BP lowering med than metoprolol? I thought the purpose of the metoprolol was to resolve my tachycardia and relax the heart so it doesn't run itself into the ground. I wish I knew why the tachycardia was happening, or why my heart rate won't go down appreciably even on the meds.

Are suggesting take both Cozaar and lisinopril (which is the one that causes the cough, not metoprolol)? My pharmacist claimed that Cozaar had the same nephroprotective qualities as lisinopril but without the cough, which is why he mentioned it to me (should I suffer the cough). If so it would seem unnecessary to continue lisinopril if I changed my meds to Cozaar.

Thanks for your advice. I hope these questions don't seem silly.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:49 am

Sorry to interrupt your discussion with eDOC, but found this in the insulin article that johnwen posted. This find is interesting and does show an experimental finding that glucose competes in some sense with vitamin for entry into white blood cells. (Might still be DHA into white blood cells though).
But if we know that vitamin C and glucose have similar chemical structure, what happens when sugar levels go up? They compete for one another upon entering the cells. And the thing that mediates the entry of vitamin C into the cells is the same thing that mediates the entry of glucose into the cells. If there is more glucose around then less vitamin C will be allowed into the cell, and it doesn't take much glucose to have this effect. A blood sugar value of 120 reduces the phagocytic index 75 percent.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:25 pm

1. Is Cozaar a more effective BP lowering med than metoprolol? Yes for BP Cozar is more effective.

2. Are suggesting take both Cozaar and lisinopril (which is the one that causes the cough, not metoprolol)? No either Cozar or lisinopril. Lisinopril causes cough. Personally I see better results with Cozar.

3. If so it would seem unnecessary to continue lisinopril if I changed my meds to Cozaar. Correct.

4. If your Cardio feels that the you have some kind of arrhythmia or Tachycardia a combo would help.....Cozar plus a Beta blocker like metoprolol.

5. Bottom line they need to make a confirmed diagnosis whether you are suffering from Diabetes & it's associated symptoms like high BP, arrhythmias, angina, raised lipids & vessel narrowing.

Personally I feel you have most of them...my thoughts

Hope it helped.....

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:03 pm

You have to understand the difference between ACE enzyme inhibitors like Lisinopril, Enalapril etc & Cozar, which is a receptor antagonist.

The 1st ones usually cause a dry cough & not Cozar which is from angiotensin receptor blocker family.

Owen apologize for using the blue fonts, hope that's fine with you.......don't know exactly how to reply using a quote.... :?

randian

Post by randian » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:24 pm

eDOC wrote:4. If your Cardio feels that the you have some kind of arrhythmia or Tachycardia a combo would help.....Cozar plus a Beta blocker like metoprolol.

He didn't mention an arrhythmia, but my heart is running fast (tachycardia). So Cozaar doesn't handle that, meaning I'd probably have to stay on metoprolol? Ugh.

Speaking of metoprolol, if I replace it with Cozaar will I have to wean off off it? I've read that one cannot stop beta blockers cold turkey without significant risk of heart attack or other complications.
eDOC wrote:5.[color=#0000FF] Bottom line they need to make a confirmed diagnosis whether you are suffering from Diabetes & it's associated symptoms like high BP, arrhythmias, angina, raised lipids & vessel narrowing.

I'm definitely suffering from diabetes. Is straight tachycardia a symptom of that?

I hope this crap goes way when I get my blood glucose under control.
eDOC wrote:Hope it helped.....

Yes, very, Thank you.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Last edited by eDOC on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

randian

Post by randian » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:05 am

Last edited by randian on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:12 am

randian

Post by randian » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:38 am

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:04 am

1. My lab gives results of HBA1 within 2-3 days.

2. VC & Gluta are good enough for fatty liver.

3. What's your height, weight.....are you obese or have a bulging belly?

4. Your Vit D3 should be at least +40, preferably nearing 60.

randian

Post by randian » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:23 am

eDOC wrote:1. My lab gives results of HBA1 within 2-3 days.

Then my doc has likely dropped the ball on getting back to me.
eDOC wrote:2. VC & Gluta are good enough for fatty liver.

How to supplement glutathione? Add NAC?
eDOC wrote:3. What's your height, weight.....are you obese or have a bulging belly?

Yeah. 5'6" 215 lbs. I've been trying for years to lose the weight. I now believe that long-term insulin resistance, leading to my present circumstance of being diabetic, was the reason for my inability to lose weight.
eDOC wrote:4. Your Vit D3 should be at least +40, preferably nearing 60.

I'll ask for a 25-hydroxy D3 test along with the lipids. i've been taking 10k IU D3 for a while. No telling how much I'm actually absorbing though.

My fasting BG was 177 this morning! I'm feeling much better, almost good. Hope it's not all psychosomatic.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:30 am

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:57 am

What State, city are you in........you can PM that.

My partner/assistant is great in treating Obesity & controlling Diabetes........we are based in Orl, Fl.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by tjohnson_nb » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:05 pm

eDOC wrote: No beers, beefs & carbs, more of veggies, organics & olive oil for cooking.

No beers!!? :lol: I've switched to coconut oil for frying - love it! Supposed to be better for heating up to higher temperatures than olive oil.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”