Cancel a second stent or no?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

JohnTN

Cancel a second stent or no?

Post Number:#1  Post by JohnTN » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:00 am

Hello all,

I’m new here and would appreciate an opinion. I’m 61, have had one heart attack 3 years ago and left critical care with a single stent. The Dr. now has me going in this week for a second heart cath as a result of something he saw in a nuclear stress test.

I started on 4 scoops of Ascorcine9 three weeks ago. Without asking for medical advice per se, any thoughts about what I should do; cancel the cath(which I predict will lead to a second stent), or should I cancel and give the PT a chance to work?

Grateful to have found this resource and value the opinions of the more informed and experienced here.

John

JohnTN

Re: Cancel a second stent or no?

Post Number:#2  Post by JohnTN » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:16 am

To update, I just cancelled my heart cath. My Dr won’t be happy, but I’d rather put my faith in PT. I’m now up to 7000 mg of Ascorcine-9 plus an additional 1600 mg of liposomal midday.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:04 pm

I personally wouldn't place much hope on the tiny and overpriced doses in arcosine, or liposomal, which only may has advantage in infections, but not for substancially raising ascorbate levels.

At least 20g pure ascorbic acid powder per day, spread out. Better still to titrate to bowel-tolerance to find your specific need.
Up to 6g of lysine daily.

The following was advised by Linus Pauling just to maintain good health, already with heart attack much, much more is likely needed:
Up to 20000 IU retinol.
1 or 2 B-complex capsules (like from LEF).
A good multi, to get sufficient of the trace minerals (for example: iodine, zinc, at least 200mcg of selenium..).
No sugar, use stevia extract instead.

I would also add:
At least 400mg magnesium, personally with severe deficiency took in averag 1.8g daily for the last 14 years.
Koncentreted-K vitamin pill.
CoQ10.
Fish-oil, Tree gram daily minilmum.
Clean non-processed diet, as much as possible.

Good luck!

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:22 am

pamojja wrote:The following was advised by Linus Pauling just to maintain good health, already with heart attack much, much more is likely needed:

Here the original text of 1986, when mach new research wasn't available jet.

How to Live Longer and Feel Better

• Take vitamin C every day, 6 grams to 18 g (6000 to 18,000 milligrams), or more. Do not miss a single day.
  • Take vitamin E every day, 400 IU, 800 IU, or 1600 IU.
  • Take one or two Super-B tablets every day, to provide good amounts of the B-vitamins.
  • Take 25,000 IU vitamin A tablet every day.
  • Take a mineral supplement every day, such as one tablet of the Bronson vitamin-mineral formula, which provides 100 mg of calcium, 18 mg of iron, 0.15 mg of iodine, 1 mg of copper, 25 mg of magnesium, 3 mg of manganese, 15 mg of zinc, 0.015 mg of molybdenum, 0.015 mg of chromium, and 0.015 mg of selenium.
  • Keep your intake of ordinary sugar (sucrose, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey) to 50 pounds per year, which is half the present U.S. average. Do not add sugar to tea or coffee. Do not eat high-sugar foods. Avoid sweet desserts. Do not drink soft drink.
  • Except for avoiding sugar, eat what you like - but not too much of any one food. Eggs and meat are good foods. Also you should eat some vegetables and fruits. Do not eat so much food as to become obese.
  • Drink plenty of water every day.
  • Keep active; take some exercise. Do not at any time exert yourself physically to an extent far beyond what you are accustomed to.
  • Drink alcoholic beverages only in moderation.
  • Do not smoke cigarettes.
  • Avoid stress. Work at a job that you like. Be happy with your family.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by DiverDown2 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:59 am

I would not have cancelled the appointment, if you are close to 100% blocked, what you are doing is not going to open it up.
I speak from experience, I tried PT, while I was 90% blocked, I had a heart attack and arrested..
I had the stent to open up, Now I Reily on P.T, Nitric Oxide, Strick diet with zero sugar and Serrapeptase to keep them open.
It is going on 3 years now and each checkup, Including heart cath. show I am open and clear.
If you still do not want to not have stints, Check into Enhanced external counterpulsation. (Which I have completed 3 times)

JohnTN

Post Number:#6  Post by JohnTN » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:43 am

The stress test just said ‘>10%’ and the hospital papers just said hearth cath with possible intervention. I canceled Monday. If you give them an opportunity, I figure you’re getting a stent to pad the bill. From reading many posts here, it sounds like the consensus view is stents are problematic.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:33 am

JohnTN wrote: From reading many posts here, it sounds like the consensus view is stents are problematic.
''''

Don't go by consens - do your own research.

A very good resource for someone not used to verify primary research yet, is http://www.thennt.com. The risk/benefit ratio found there for the prescriptions/intervention intended for me till my deathbed against a 80% stenosis:

Statins Given for 5 Years for Heart Disease Prevention (With Known Heart Disease)

83 for mortality

In Summary, for those who took the statin for 5 years:

Benefits in NNT

1 in 83 were helped (life saved)
1 in 39 were helped (preventing non-fatal heart attack)
1 in 125 were helped (preventing stroke)

Harms in NNH

1 in 100 were harmed (develop diabetes*)
1 in 10 were harmed (muscle damage)

*The development of diabetes is one such unanticipated harm found in a recent large study and it seems likely therefore that this applies to the data above, although this is a best guess.

Aspirin to Prevent Cardiovascular Disease in Patients with Known Heart Disease or Strokes

333 for mortality

In Summary, for those who took the aspirin:

Benefits in NNT

1 in 50 were helped (cardiovascular problem prevented)
1 in 333 were helped (prevented death)
1 in 77 were helped (prevented non-fatal heart attack)
1 in 200 were helped (prevented non-fatal stroke)

Harms in NNH

1 in 400 were harmed (major bleeding event*)

*Required hospital admission and transfusion

Blood Pressure Medicines for Five Years to Prevent Death, Heart Attacks, and Strokes

125 for mortality

In Summary, for those who took anti-hypertensives:

Benefits in NNT

1 in 125 were helped (prevented death)
1 in 67 were helped (prevented stroke)
1 in 100 were helped (prevented heart attack*)

Harms in NNH

1 in 10 were harmed (medication side effects, stopping the drug)

*fatal and non-fatal myocardial infarction and sudden or rapid cardiac death

Clopidogrel Added to Aspirin to Prevent a Second Heart Attack Or Stroke

None for mortality

In Summary, for those who took the clopidogrel:

Benefits in NNT

None were helped (cardiovascular problem prevented)

Harms in NNT

1 in 167 were harmed (major bleeding event*)

Coronary Stenting for Non-Acute Coronary Disease Compared to Medical Therapy

None for mortality

In Summary, for those who received the stenting:

Benefits in NNT

None were helped (life saved, heart attack prevented, symptoms reduced)

Harms in NNH

1 in 50 were harmed (complications such as bleeding, stroke, kidney damage)

None of dose interventions ever studied beyond 5 years. Remissions impossible, down that path.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by DiverDown2 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:56 pm

I take 16-18 Grams Vitamin-C, 6 Grams L-Lysine and 4 Grams L-Proline.
Don't forget to take the L-Proline.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 28, 2023 7:53 am

Choosing Pauling's protocol over the heart cath was obviously a big decision. I'm glad you made it and I'll try to help. The feature of Tower's ASCORSINE-9 (which I helped design) is that the formula includes almost everything a heart patient should be taking, cutting out scores of pills. We didn't focus on magnesium because the CEO of Tower couldn't tolerate ordinary Magnesium. After reading Levy's MAGNESIUM Healing Disease I would have added a highly absorbable form of magnesium to the formula. I'd be interested in your full protocol, and would suggest you consider adding at least 250 mg of magnesium chloride.

Vitamin C bowel tolerance is an important tool, but usually most relevant for acute issues, especially infections. Heart disease (aka chronic scurvy) can usually be overcome with about 10 g of vitamin C daily.

It turns out that a lay author, Mark Sloan, has become popular for his dives into early research. He attempts to base his recommendations on older science and they are interesting and make a lot of sense. Sloan believes the Nitric Oxidei s an "emergency" artery dilation mechanism, but that it is dangerous if relied upon continuously. I think I first read this in his Methelene Blue book. He presents evidence that the primary way our bodies dilate arteries is connected with carbon dioxide. That our health an what he calls "metabolism" (ability of the body to produce energy in our mitochondia) is a function of the carbon dioxide levels in our bodies. We don't think about the fact that body oxygenation requires carbon dioxide, but without it, oxygen can not be pried out of hemaglobin. I made some posts on this in the General Discussion.

Since you are taking ASCORSINE-9, there are fewer things to worry about. Keep us informed.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”