Lifespan of Vit. C , lysine & proline in water

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Lifespan of Vit. C , lysine & proline in water

Post Number:#16  Post by davids1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi JP,

You may be interested in the fact that Dr. Cathcart wrote that he had his ski patrol patients fill their bota bags with an ascorbic acid in water solution for drinking on the slopes, and further wrote that they got excellent results.

Just "grist for your mill,"

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

randian

Post Number:#17  Post by randian » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Johnwen wrote:If you purchase the Water Dissolving type and the PH of the water is at 7 yes it will last

What is "water dissolving" lysine/proline? I have some pure (no fillers) lysine and proline powder I bought from Hard Rhino. Does that qualify?

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by jpoww » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:08 pm

I dont know what "water dissolving" lysine/proline is. All I was wondering if lysine and proline will loose its potency if it sat in water all day long?

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#19  Post by Saw » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Johnwen wrote:If you purchase the Water Dissolving type and the PH of the water is at 7 yes it will last if the PH is lower
it will begin to breakdown to it's base product which has no nutrional property's. So it's not a good idea to mix it with V-C

Are you suggesting to not take a product like Cardio-C
considering it has Ascorbic Acid,Lysine and Proline and
is dissolved in water?
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#20  Post by jpoww » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 am

No, I take the vitamin C seperately with water every hour or so..but the lysine is mixed with the proline and I drink that thru out the day, thats why I was asking just about the lifespan of the lysine and proline.

Mike K

Post Number:#21  Post by Mike K » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:09 pm

In attempt to make it easier for me, I mixed 2kg of Vitamin C powder with 500g of Proline and 500g of Lysine powders. The mixture quickly solidified making it harder to loosen the powder. Is there any danger of chemical reaction in mixing these powders? I also noticed the color became light pinkish. Thank you in advance for your inputs.

Mike

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#22  Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:37 am

I believe (but don't know) that lysine and vitamin C can be mixed without reaction, and stored in a cool dark place in a glass container.

Proline is hydroscorbic - so it reacts and congeals in the presence of moisture.

Note, there is no moisture when the mixture is frozen, which is why freezing preserves the powder indefinitely.

We once asked a chemist his opinion of whether the proline reaction with water affects efficacy, and in his opinion, it doesn't, but it does make it less of a "powder" thus harder to put in a scoop.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”