Constipated on vitamin C and lysine

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Constipated on vitamin C and lysine

Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:34 am

My husband has been trying to us the vit c lysine treatment as his blood pressure is slightly high. He is 56 years old. He has not suffered any heart problems so far. When he uses the treatment he gets constipated. He has never had a problem with constipation in his life and usually goes a couple of times a day normally. This is a concern to him. He tries taking it with his meals but even then he does not feel right. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Joy

Assuming that nothing else has changed in his diet, your report is very unusual, but not unheard of. (Normally, people find that they have loose stools the more vitamin C they take.)

How much vitamin C and lysine is he trying to take?

My advice would be to increase the vitamin C throughout the day, and see what happens.

Please let us know.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Constipated on vitamin C and lysine

Post by Johnwen » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:38 am

Time has been short lately so I did a quick search the other day to find a closer place I could purchase some V-c Caps. It turns out instead of just V-c their loaded with all kinds of this and that and they resemble Multi Vitamins more then just V-c. With this in mind it would be a good idea to find out what type of V-c pill this gentleman is taking which I think possibly could be loading him down with other not needed junk. It's possible that the higher dose combinations could be knocking out his natural flora and bogging down his digestive process. In the mean time drink an additonal glass (8oz) of water, YES PLAIN WATER!!! about 10 minutes after he takes his dose drink and see if this helps.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:00 am

In my experience of treating patients some have complained of being constipated using VC & Lysine.

Following could be the reasons that I have observed which helped rectify the issue:

1. Use IV grade VC from nutri com ( whole sales) which have been using for the past 7 years.
2. Coating of Lysine tabs, which is the company whose Lysine a person is using?
3. Weakened/degenerated myelin sheaths, infuse a few gluta shots, caused by prolonged stressful life style.
4. At times a person's body take a few weeks to adjust specially with Lysine & NAC, after that its tolerates.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by skyorbit » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Make sure he's taking enough water. The reason you get diaerra from Vitamin C is because it sucks water into the colon to help expel it. If you're dehydrated, Vitamin C can actually have a constipative effect because there's no water to pull.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”