Read Book, Looking for help with stent/medications

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Read Book, Looking for help with stent/medications

Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:42 am

Dear Dr Owen,

I have read articles about the importance of Vitamin C when surfing the web, and as a result bought your book : Practicing Medicine without a
License from the Indonesian Open Trolley Bookstore.

I live in Jakarta - Indonesia and am a male of 68. Last year I had the following stents installed :Xience V ( in CX ) and Nobori( in LAD ).

Reading from your book, I am quite fortunate to have been doing quite well after the stents, but am very concerned about the drugs I am taken since : Plavix , Aspirin 80 mg , diltiazem and simvastatin.

I am keen to quit these medications and would like your advise especially since various testimonials in your book indicates being less beneficial in
the case of medicated stents. I would be grateful if you could elaborate on the following questions:

1. Will the continued use of Vit C have an adverse effect on the medicated stents ? When should I stop taking all the problematic medications ( When starting Vit C , or after how many days/weeks ? )

In one case prominent in the book - Carol Smith had a third heart attack, finally had a medicated stent inserted, and finally did well after increasing her vitamin C dosage. See PaulingTherapy.com
2. In Jakarta < I cant find normal high dose Vit C, we can however get 500 mg Vit C in 12 hour sustained release 500 mg caps.
How should I dose my Vit C intake ?

If capsules, probably not that bad (few fillers) and here is our starting protocol: http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

3. My wife have been diagnosed as having autoimmune syndrome affecting the liver, and have been given high doses of steroid for a month or two and suffered from the side effects ( dry mouth , dizziness, moon face etc ). Do you recommend Vit C as well ?

Interesting - the "Steroid" is likely a form of cortisol - a natural hormone. According to William Mck Jefferies in his book SAFE USES OF CORTISOL - the doctors had the right idea, but your wife was potentially harmed by the overdose. These problems in my new experience are caused because the adrenal glands are not producing all the cortisol daily that the body requires. The answer is not a super dose, but a smaller dose, less then 8 mg of prednisone daily. Vitamin C can help to a limited extent, but all she probably has to do is go on a limited dose, and continue to reduce it as her adrenal function reemerges.

Thank you very much for your attention, and I can add that giving medical advise in this part of the world will not present any problems.

Yours sincerely,
Andre

This is not medical advice 8) I am not a doctor.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”