Which Vitamin C to Take For Cleaning Arteries?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Dan106

Which Vitamin C to Take For Cleaning Arteries?

Post Number:#1  Post by Dan106 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:53 am

I am curious what the recommendations are out there on what form of Vitamin C to take if following Dr. Pauling's "Unified Theory" of heart disease regimen?

I have been taking 1000 mg capsules of ascorbic acid from Swanson Vitamins, along with local drug store tablets also of 1000 mg doses. I am looking at switching to either the product offered by Tower labs or Vitamin C foundation which I believe again is powdered ascorbic acid with the Lysine and Proline included along with a couple of other nutrients. I have also looked at C-salts as recommended by Dr. Weil and also Dr. Mercola's Liposomal 1000 mg vitamin C capsules or even buying an ionic cleaner, non GMO lecithin and powdered ascorbic acid and making my own Liposomal vitamin C at home.

Would like to hear some informed opinions on which is best and why. I am 66 years old and had a quadruple heart bypass on July 24, of this year. I did NOT have any prior symptoms and have never had a heart attack. I did not experience chest pains, discomfort in the chest, tiredness or any other symptoms. I was very physically active and was walking 2 to 3 miles a day 7 days a week, doing squats with the dumb bells and 100 push ups every other day for months prior to the surgery. I am back to walking 2 to 3 miles 7 days a week, however to protect my sternum during recovery, I have avoided doing any push ups yet, though I do work out every other day with 15 lb dumb bells.

I am taking 8000 to 9000 mg of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) every day along with 4000 to 5000 mg of Lysine and 1500 mg of Proline. In addition I take a B-complex, vitamin E, CoQ10 and more.

I am excited about the work done by Dr. Pauling and Dr. Matthias Rath and the US patent granted to Linus Pauling for "The CURE of heart disease" back in 1994. I want to know the opinon on the BEST vitamin C to take and why and would enjoy hearing from people who have testimonies of using the Vitamin C regimen to clear out existing clogged arteries.

Dan
http://diabetescureorcontrol.blogspot.com/

PreventDefense

Re: Which Vitamin C to Take For Cleaning Arteries?

Post Number:#2  Post by PreventDefense » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:35 am

I'm hoping you'll get some replies from others who have successfully reversed atherosclerosis using the Pauling Therapy. Success stories are out there but you have to search for them.

I can only add that I have done countless hours of online research looking for the answer for heart disease and decided that diet, exercise and the Pauling Therapy are the answer, but I can't prove it with certainty unfortunately.

For myself I have no heart disease but it runs in my family so I'm trying to prevent it instead of reverse it. It's best to take a good quality of ascorbic acid in powder form. The capsules you take sound good but tablets are not as good due to the fillers used to manufacture them. I use powder and capsules during the day but I do take a tablet each night before bed in the form of a time released version of Vitamin C. I tried making my own liposomal C at home but found that the Livonlabs version was worth it and I've read some bad press of Mercola's liposomal capsules recently. Since I take lypo-spheric C on an as needed basis Livonlabs works for me.

You list your dosages for C, Lysine and Proline which are all good, but not the frequency which is an important component to maintain high blood levels throughout each day. The higher the frequency the more stable your blood levels will be. I'd make that a top priority if I actually had CVD like you do. Personally I take a dose every 2 hours except when sleeping.

Please keep us posted in the future. Since you've already been bypassed you're no longer an ideal candidate for a reversal success story. :D

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Which Vitamin C to Take For Cleaning Arteries?

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:25 am

I am sorry Dan for missing your original (this) post several months ago. I just found and moved it where it belongs - in the heart disease section, (the forum which I personally read first, and visit other forums if I have time.)

Have you stuck with it and what is happening with you? Your case sounds like my Dad - no pain or indication of a problem, then boom (shortly after he ran out and stopped taking his long time supplemental vitamin E)

What was your vitamin C intake before you found out about this?

As far as testimonials, we have posted a fraction here:http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/#TESTIMONY (there are quite a few more pages if this isn't enough.)

As long as the label says "Vitamin C" and has "ascorbic acid" or "sodium ascorbate" in the supplement facts, the vitamin C should be fine. Avoid the so-called "Natural C Complex" for several reasons, not the least of which is cost for the dosage Linus Pauling recommended.

Avoid products with fillers, again because of the high doses recommended.

Yes, the Tower products and Cardio-C have a long track record of success with very little advertising (for one reason, we are not allowed to state what these products can really do. Federal law).

I haven't told this story for a while. The reason there is a Tower Laboratories is because its founder, a friend of Linus Pauling, had been told by Pauling about Lp(a). The entrepreneur wanted what Pauling recommended, but was surprised by the low doses in the new Rath products coming out at that time. When he asked Rath's people why the dosages were so low, they told him "because we cannot sell products with higher dosages to doctors."

That's when this fellow decided form Tower and offer Heart Technlogy - a drink mix he wanted for himself, and figured others would.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”