Aortic stenosis and heart failure

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Aortic stenosis and heart failure

Post Number:#1  Post by gmdodaro » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:02 pm

My mother, age 92, has calcified valve (aortic stenosis). She has been doing Pauling therapy, and we've got her off warfarin, using supplements nattokinase, serrapeptase, vitamin E, fish oil, oral EDTA, to attempt to prevent blood clotting. We've added vitamin K to possibly reduce calcification of the valve. Also lyposomal R alpha lipoic acid. I know this is a hail Mary pass, but the conventional doctors have nothing to offer.
She has used Metoprolol, Isosorbide, but now her blood pressure plummets when she takes them. She has heart failure.
Working against the valve constantly, late in the day, if she pushes herself in the least, her blood pressure will drop. I can deal with low blood pressure, get her to lie down with her feet elevated, and her blood pressure will rise. She is usually ok in fifteen or twenty minutes, but sometimes she loses consciousness. She has gone to the hospital when I am not with her and care-givers encounter this situation.
Is enough known about Pauling therapy with aortic stenosis that it is reasonable to hope in this situation?

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Aortic stenosis and heart failure

Post Number:#2  Post by tjohnson_nb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:44 pm

is she taking Magnesium for heart failure?
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by jimmylesante » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:56 pm

is she taking Magnesium for heart failure?

:idea:

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by gmdodaro » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:52 pm

She takes magnesium, but not on a regular basis or specified dosage.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:31 am

I did not see CoQ10 in the list of supplements your mother is being given.

While studying CoQ10 years ago it was revealed that the Europeans consider CoQ10 deficiency the cause of heart failure, and to make matters worse, many drugs - especially cholesterol-lowering statins - reduce the available supply of CoQ10 in the body (CoQ10 is the enzyme required in the ATP reaction for the body to produce energy.)

Here is the old paper I wrote about this and was published in the Townsend Letter. http://www.internetwks.com/owen/coq10.htm

Note, according to expert Stephen Sinatra - who measures CoQ10 levels in all his patients - it is not how much you take, but how much is absorbed. Bile is required so it is best to take CoQ10 with meals (that contain fats.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by tjohnson_nb » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:10 am

I totally agree with Owen about the CoQ10 if someone is taking statins and would refer you to one of many articles about Mg and heart failure. Personally, I sometimes get palpitations which stop very quickly with Mg supplements. I use Mg Bisglycinate - 200 mg caps.

http://www.naturalnews.com/047071_magnesium_congestive_heart_failure_attack.html
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by gmdodaro » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Thanks, yes, she is on CoQ10 (ubiquinol) 200 mg twice a day. Occasionally she misses, but she's working at it.

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by gmdodaro » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Owen, that's a fine article that details the corruption of science by statin drug makers and government agencies.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”