Questions about my plan of attack?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

blade

Re: Questions about my plan of attack?

Post Number:#46  Post by blade » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:16 pm

2 ways of eating to help your health:

1 low fat diet
eating 10-15% fat in your diet has benefits
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Ornish_Diet.aspx
Dean ornish show a study that low fat might be useful in increasing telomerase activity

http://ornishspectrum.com/wp-content/up ... hanges.pdf

2 fasting(also useful in increasing telomerase activity)

as the study from DeanOrinish ALSO had his study involving
low-fat(10-15%)
meditation
weight loss
exercise

I see a lot of activity about increasing teleomores, so I mentioned this in a few places
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11675&p=39031#p39031

Also shown here
http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-me ... ent-stress
which attempts to explain the MOA of how fasting helps cells be healthier

or this guys site about fasting/Intermittent Fasting (IF)
http://www.lift-heavy.com/intermittent-fasting/

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#47  Post by jimmylesante » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:10 pm

Ya, i'm not even going to respond to your post or the CNN Twinkiegate.
Just so you know, it would be easier if you made your posts shorter and more to the point, reading someones entire dietary intake for the day in list format, in several posts is time consuming to say the least. Also be more factual and honest so others can help you better, you do realise on the 30/12/2014 you weighed 218lbs then you gained just over 22lbs in a week, 05/01/2015 weighing 240.1lbs.
Anyway as you say below--
I am not getting anything useful from your posts, so if you think your unsolicited advice is useful or wanted, you are mistaken.

I'll leave you to it and wish you the best in whatever you are trying to find or achieve.

blade

Post Number:#48  Post by blade » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:20 am

jimmylesante wrote:Ya, i'm not even going to respond to your post or the CNN Twinkiegate.
Just so you know, it would be easier if you made your posts shorter and more to the point, reading someones entire dietary intake for the day in list format, in several posts is time consuming to say the least. Also be more factual and honest so others can help you better, you do realise on the 30/12/2014 you weighed 218lbs then you gained just over 22lbs in a week, 05/01/2015 weighing 240.1lbs.
Anyway as you say below--
I am not getting anything useful from your posts, so if you think your unsolicited advice is useful or wanted, you are mistaken.

I'll leave you to it and wish you the best in whatever you are trying to find or achieve.

water weight is a fun thing!
just so you know!! :D

my posts are getting me the results I want, I see no reason to change
If they are beyond you or too long for you, maybe dont read them?
you already proved how difficult it was for you to read/comprehend about Haubs twinkie diet. You asked questions because that site confused you with BMI/Bodyfat. So if that site was BEYOND your abilities, so dont blame me about my writings.
Good luck, Jim!

blade

Post Number:#49  Post by blade » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:08 am

Im working to lower my cancer risk and my CAD risk.
I am getting to a lower BMI/Bodyfat level(25 BMI and 15% or less BMI
How do you control Lp(a) "naturally"? Take vitamin C/lysine and proline, niacin and aspirin
what more can you do to lower LpA?

I'm eating foods and taking pills to get most of my nutrition
MG from pills and food
lycopene from food(red grapefruit)
sulfur compounds from garlic/red onions
AA, 21grams, from food, but mostly powder
Lysine from eggwhites and powder
selenium from food(brazil nuts)
EFAs from pills
niacin mostly from pills
asprin from pills

B complex and B12 pills

Other things I am doing, are eating 2x a day to get in a lot of "fasting time"
eating low fat(10-15% of total calories_ as that is also very useful
getting about 1 gram protein per pound muscle
I lift weights 3x a week and walk about 5-10 miles a day

blade

Post Number:#50  Post by blade » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:52 pm

blade wrote:Im taking about 5ml DMSO every Saturday morning(1am) so I can use DMSO and not have the garlic smell.

I am eating only at noon and midnight and sundays I skip food altogether

fasting lowers IGF-1 and fasting in general will help my telomerase activity/make them longer and lowers lpA by helping me lower stress
I love fasting

when I do eat I'm eating ~50grams eggwhites, mixed veggies, 1lb broccoli, 1lbsmixed fruit, a bunch of strawberries, bunch of spinach, Pomegrate juice, garlic a brazil nut, 2 pecans, a few pumpkin seeds

I walk about 10miles a day, lift weights M W F
sleep as much as I can, which is hard as I work nights

By June 27th, I will be sub 200lbs at about 15-18% bodyfat

truth is found below:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-tru ... er-person/
#6. The World Only Cares About What It Can Get from You
#5. The Hippies Were Wrong
#4. What You Produce Does Not Have to Make Money, But It Does Have to Benefit People
#3. You Hate Yourself Because You Don't Do Anything
#2. What You Are Inside Only Matters Because of What It Makes You Do
#1. Everything Inside You Will Fight Improvement

blade

Post Number:#51  Post by blade » Mon May 18, 2015 2:28 am

blade

Post Number:#52  Post by blade » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:19 am

The main benefit of vitamin C is support of the endothelial structure. Is this being overlooked, drowned out by the hype? Let's say I undertake a plaque reduction program. I get fit, eat right, increase NO, reduce levels and mobilize existing plaque. When "a piece" of plaque peels off, without ascorbate to fill the gap we've simply created a landing place for the next lp(a) particle to come along.

Is there dispute about the claim that blood vessels use lp(a) when ascorbate is not available? This is Pauling's discovery and seems to be accepted. What is challenged are the so-called magical powers of Vitamin C. However, logically, if insufficient vitamin C is bad, it follows that sufficient vitamin C should be good. Not a miracle, not magic, just a fundamental building block as necessary for health as so many other things we freely and willingly consume.

Pauling is the only person to win Nobel prizes in two different fields (chemistry, peace) and was in full possession of his considerable mental powers when the vascular research was performed. Yet in this endeavor he's seen as a quack, a dreamer searching for eternal life. As such, his assertions were never fully studied.

In the Knowledge Of Health article linked above, the author states lp(a) blood levels are no more important than cholesterol blood levels. Instead, what matters are the conditions allowing, or preventing, deposition. Here's a snippet from the article:

"That supplemental vitamin C doesn’t reduce circulating Lp(a) is irrelevant. Nor can any natural Lp(a)-lowering agent (niacin, L-carnitine, apple pectin, or vitamin D3) replace vitamin C. Only supplemental vitamin C interrupts Lp(a) deposition within the inner-artery wall. Virtually any amount of circulating Lp(a) can result in intra-arterial deposition, just higher Lp(a) levels would hasten the onset of an undesirable cardiovascular event (heart attack or stroke) at an earlier point in time."

If there is any truth here at all, then one can only conclude that vitamin C, indeed the Pauling-Rath protocol, should be a part of any plaque control program.

Edit: here is the original research by Pauling and Rath

http://m.pnas.org/content/87/23/9388.fu ... me=sidebar

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”