2 MI, 3 Strokes, 100% blockage and diabetic

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

2 MI, 3 Strokes, 100% blockage and diabetic

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 26, 2015 7:08 am

Read Practicing Med without a License from cover to cover. Was so hopeful and committed to the program, until I read that it didn’t work for 100% blockages and diabetics (I’m T2). Bummer.
After 2 heart attacks and 3 strokes I’m somewhat desperate. Still refuse to take Statins and rat poisoning, so I am on Eliquis, Red Yeast Rice, Policosanol and a min of 1G of Ubiquinol plus a much better diet with some walking exercise.

Right Coronary Artery is 100% occulted and LAD is 90%+. I’m by passing bypass. Looking at a new technique to open LAD. Will meet with Dr this summer and re-think in Sep.

Started Chelation, walking with EWOT, taking Natural Calm and also Unique. I would list all my vitamins but it would be long and boring.
Going to be a granddad today and want to be around for awhile.

Any suggestions ?

Regards and Thanks,
R

Where is the vitamin C? You should be taking AT LEAST 10,000 mg of vitamin C daily and 5 to 6 grams of Lysine. That is Linus Pauling's basic therapy. Everything else has a secondary purpose.

​Re: 100% blockage: In theory there has to be blood flow. If you are really this bad, I strongly recommend Dr. Thomas Levy's STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER.​ This book will help you appreciate why bypass surgery saves so many lives. That is not to say that vitamin C and lysine might not help. I personally would go to a high therapeutic Pauling-therapy dosage with that diagnosis.

Re: Diabetes: The point about Diabetes is that high levels of sugar in the blood can crowd out vitamin C from entering cells. So if you are able to control your blood sugar, you can still benefit from vitamin C. And there is a protocol at healingmatters.com - that seems to control blood sugar entirely by eliminating trans fats. worth a read.

​Again, where is the vitamin C (and lysine... )??? Red Yeast Rice has the same poison as the statin drugs.(What is your total cholesterol number?)​ ​Unique-E is great for the heart.

I am interested in the amount of vitamin C you have been taking (if Pauling's theory is correct, you haven't been taking much up until now)​
​ and how much you are currently taking.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: 2 MI, 3 Strokes, 100% blockage and diabetic

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu May 28, 2015 6:55 am

Ok so my daughter had a beautiful baby girl on Monday. I went into tachycardia this am about 4:30. Been at 120-135 most of the time. Waiting for it to go into a Fib below 100 and the convert to normal, usually 15-24 hours. Then praying I don’t have another stroke from a heart clot dislodging. Hoping Eliquis will do its job.

Did get some good news today for a change. When I had my last stroke one of the many test showed, per the hospital 50-70% blockages in my neck. They set up an appointment today with a Vascular Surgeon who said I had good pulse/circulation in my feet, wrist and neck and he thought my blockage was less than 50% and to come back in a year.

Re Vit C: For years I have frequently taken Emergen-C. Then switched to Power Pak cause it had 1,200 mg of C and 200 mg of Potassium. Nothing therapeutic.

So I failed a Bruce Protocol Stress Test in early Apr. They took me off at 9” (I think I could have gone 10”) And ordered radial angioplasty where I was expecting to get a drug eluting stint. They woke me up on the table to inform me that the blockage was too bad to proceed. Right Coronary Artery is 100% occulted and LAD is 90%+.

Was informed that it was safer to perform open heart surgery than to try to open the blockages in the LAD with a stint. Then I was informed there in some new procedure (this year) that somehow allows them to stint closed arteries with a risk factor less than bypass. Further that the hospital has a new intervention cardiologist coming in Aug from the University of WA in Seattle who is familiar with this procedure. So I am waiting for an appointment with him to discuss same. Also learned that they have performed the new procedure here once with success. I think he performed it and comes to Kalispell as often as he can on a temporary basis. Seems like a stint doesn’t work so well with the Pauling Therapy for some reason.

After the angioplasty I remembered the Pauling protocol and looked in the internet and found The Pauling Therapy Essential Formula from SaveYourHear.com in FL. have gone through I bottle. After reading your book I decided to increase my dosage to 10-18 grams/day. Also taking Cardio-Juvenate which is an Arginine/Citrulline/Carnitine+ supplement. Have read “A Patented Heart Disease Cure that Works, Vit C: The Real Story, Orthomolecular Medicine For Everyone, Niacin: The Real Story and “Practicing Medicine Without a License.”

It is possible the what little Vit C I have taken recently helped with the blockages in my Carotid Arteries. That would be encouraging. The blasted diabetes keeps getting in the way. Even read today the Metformin can cause a Fib.

Hoping that the Pauling Therapy will have enough time to show some improvement in my CAD by the time in Sep we would be considering the new stint procedure. Of course I have to stay alive until then and right now my pulse is 133 and can’t really think beyond getting it under control and then avoiding a Stroke.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Ross 5/27/15
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Thu May 28, 2015 11:01 pm

Without seeing any lab or study reports and not knowing this person’s age, weight etc. I’m going to take a shot based on experience with these kind of conditions.

First is the 100% blockage of the LAD AKA “Widow Maker!” It’s conceivable that for a person to have this, one of two conditions must exist.
First; the blockage is in the distal portion (bottom) of the LAD and the tissue being supplied have already necrotized (died) and the need for blood flow is gone.
Second; Collaterals have formed and are supplying the tissue with minimal blood.

Since he is experiencing Afib and tachycardia my thoughts move towards the first. Without knowing his EF (ejection fraction) these are just my thoughts!

Reason being is the heart has one way to increase blood flow and that is to increase it’s speed. However due to the viscosity of the blood the pumping efficiency also decreases as the speed increases. Now you take a part of the heart muscle out of the equation and the efficiency drops even more. To the point where the left atrium is now deprived of blood to fill it’s capacity and without the residual pressure against the muscle, it will quiver, AKA fibulate this in turn will cause the blood to pool in the atrium and will start to clot. When a good amount of blood has filled the chamber a pump is carried out to the ventricle along with the clumps of clotted blood and out to the body it goes. If it goes into the carotid arteries a stroke is possible.

In this situation the appropriate action by his doc is to thin the blood so it moves more freely and takes longer to clot. This is where Warfarin or the newer X factor inhibitors come into play to prevent this. Most docs in this situation will also add a anti platelet like Plavix or Effient.

Along with this slowing and keeping the heart rate lower is called for. This is accomplished by the use of Beta blockers! These drugs also lower the contraction force of the heart which in turn lower the force’s placed on the damaged area. Here’s where some controversy comes in over it’s use with diabetes or that they can cause it. However research has shown that this rate is like .36%. This is where a docs experience comes into play because each individual usually has a BB that works for them along with their diabetic condition and it’s a trial and error task to find it. These drugs generic name ends in “-olol!”

As far as supplements you would be well advised to stay on Pauling therapy and to take your glucose readings at least 2 hours after consumption of it.

Most people who have a condition like you also are experiencing symptoms of CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) without going into a lot of details is like having a continuous cold or allergic reaction, which is where the congestive in CHF comes from. Something’s you can do to get some relief from these symptoms is to get some Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10mg. Which is the generic for zyrtec and a whole lot cheaper. You take one of these a day.
Along with this if your over 150lbs. Take 500mg. Of Pantothenic acid which is Vitamin B5 twice a day (AM-PM) Under 150Lbs. Use 250Mg 2x aday.

With the T2 diabetes I can’t stress enough the need for L-Carnosine at least 500mg. A day. 2 - 500mg. (Am-Pm) would be better. L-Carnosine helps protect the cells in the body from the effects of the high glucose levels that T2 brings with it. Note here with T2 for about the first 2-3 weeks of taking these you may see a spike in your serum glucose this is caused by this supplement stopping the production of glycated end products. Which are the damaging results of high glucose levels and cells not using it for energy. After this initial period you should see a drop in your serum levels as the body expels this excess rather then letting it hang around and do it’s damage.

So I hope some of these suggestions help you in quest to see the little one grow up. However bear in mind that a lot of what I wrote here is just based on 40+ years of experience in dealing with these type of problems and that your doc is the guiding light in your situation and always consult with them before starting or changing any of your meds or supplements. Good Luck!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:59 am

I am not sure whether this person saw johnwen's post (above) but this is the recent email.

OWEN- I WENT OUT OF AFIB 24 HOURS AGO, NOW BACK INTO IT JUMPING FROM 95 TO 115. THE LAST EPISODE LASTED 24 HOURS WITH A HIGH OF 162 AND A AVERAGE OF 102. IT WOULD BE SOMEWHAT BEARABLE IF NOT FOR THE WORRY OF ANOTHER STROKE.

THE PREVIOUS AFIB IN APRIL ENDED ON SUN AND MON NOON HAD STROKE AND SPENT THE NEXT 3 DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL.

PRIOR TO 2010 I HAD 3 SEPARATE HOSPITAL VISITS WHERE THEY GAVE ME THE DILTAZAZYME PUSH 2X EACH...NONE OF THEM WORKED. RESOLVED ON MY OWN.

IN 2010 I FOUND A WONDERFUL DOC, WHO JUST RETIRED, WHO PRESCRIBED A SOLTALOL AND DILTIAZEM COCKTAIL WHICH HAS WORKED SO WELL. I GO ON THE MAX DOSE OF 90 DILTIAZEM AND 120 SOLTALOL EVERY 6 HOURS ASAP.

HAVE TRIED THE NECK MASSAGE AND THE FACE IN COLD WATER AND THE BEARING DOWN PROCEEDURE WITH NO SUCCESS.

ALL MY EPISODES START EARLY IN THE MORNING 3:30 – 5. NEVER HAD ONE START IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY.

I TAKE AS MUCH NATURAL CALM AS POSSIBLE, ABOUT 600-900 MG PER DAY, BUT WITH VIT C I ALWAYS HAVE WATERY STOOLS.

IN 2000-2004 I STARTED WAKING UP NIGHTLY GASPING FOR AIR, USUALLY ABOUT 3:30-4:30. SOMETIMES JUST HOURS AFTER GOING TO SLEEP. I COULD COUNT ON ONE HAND THE NUMBER OF TIMES I SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT IN A YEAR.

DID A OVERNIGHT PULSE OXIEMERTY TEST WITH A LOW READING OF 53. SO THE VA GAVE ME AN O2 MACHINE FOR NIGHT USE.
DID A SLEEP APEA TEST DEC ‘12 AND THEY PUT ME ON A FULL FACE CPAP. ALL OF THESE WERE A HUGE IMPROVEMENT IN MY QUALITY OF LIFE. I DID NOT GET INTO A DEEP SLEEP WHILE DOING THE TEST SO MY PRESSURE IS ABOUT 8.5, WHICH I’M CONVINCED IS TOO LOW, BUT THEY DO NOT WANT TO INCREASE IT. I THINK I STOP BREATHING SOME NIGHTS AND THE PRESSURE IS NOT ENOUGH TO KEEP ME OPEN.

JUST TRYING TO SURVIVE...BUT I GROW WEARY OF THE BATTLE.

THANKS FOR LISTENING. MY PULSE IS NOW BETWEEN 121-135.

ROSS

What is your vitamin C intake?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Been following LP protocol for about 9 months. Dr.’s recommend GABG, considering PCI with empella.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”