Hypoascorbemia induces atherosclerosis and vascular deposition of lipoprotein(a) in transgenic mice

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Hypoascorbemia induces atherosclerosis and vascular deposition of lipoprotein(a) in transgenic mice

Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:16 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4447075/

It was noticed early on (at least a decade ago) after they first created mice with the GULO defect preventing them from making vitamin C - that these mice would suffer atherosclerosis.

This connection with Lp(a) is interesting as the mice (which normally make their own vitamin C) shouldn't have had an evolutionary reason to make Lp(a) - one would think.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Hypoascorbemia induces atherosclerosis and vascular deposition of lipoprotein(a) in transgenic mice

Post by Johnwen » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:53 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

OxC
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Hypoascorbemia induces atherosclerosis and vascular deposition of lipoprotein(a) in transgenic mice

Post by OxC » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:58 pm

Douglas Q. Kitt, founder of ReCverin LLC, sellers of stabilized dehydroascorbic acid solutions.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:30 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

OxC
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by OxC » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:11 am

Johnwen wrote:Which is why orange juice is not a good source of V-C...Taking V-C with any form of sugar is never a good idea!
Drinking Orange juice a good source of Citric acid and is also not a very good source of V-C

That is basically what I asked. Thanks.
Douglas Q. Kitt, founder of ReCverin LLC, sellers of stabilized dehydroascorbic acid solutions.

OxC
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by OxC » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:35 pm

JohnCCha wrote:With this, I would like to address some key points that were not understood/misunderstood.

Thank you Mr. Cha for coming here to address these points. I'm pleased that the first author on the study under discussion would take the time to do so. I personally found your research very interesting and important, and your comment that "Maeda DID NOT find atherosclerosis in the Gulo-/- mouse with total vitamin C deprivation..." points to the important difference that in your study, you demonstrated the actual vascular deposition of lipoprotein(a) under hypoascorbemic conditions.
JohnCCha wrote:The transgenic knockout mouse is a system to study human atherogenesis in a mouse. Some things are the same, other things are different such as size and dimension.

It occurs to me that your particular mouse model might be appropriate to assess the question of whether the inclusion in the diet of large amounts of proline/lysine actually can help prevent the deposition of lipoprotein(a).

All the best to you also, and Happy New Year!

JohnCCha

Post by JohnCCha » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:12 pm

"It occurs to me that your particular mouse model might be appropriate to assess the question of whether the inclusion in the diet of large amounts of proline/lysine actually can help prevent the deposition of lipoprotein(a)."

Yes, that is what question naturally follows, Mr. OxC. I am putting together the results right now of ascorbate + l-lysine + niacin in respect to shrinking down pre-formed atherosclerotic plaque.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”