Oils/lipids are Good/Bad for Heart patients (from Letting PT slide)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

blade

Re: Oils/lipids are Good/Bad for Heart patients (from Letting PT slide)

Post Number:#31  Post by blade » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:35 am

maybe this exlpains it
http://www.happyhealthylonglife.com/hap ... l-did.html

How does olive oil constrict blood vessels?: Dr. Vogel discovered back in 1999 that a high fat meal blocks the endothelium's ability to produce that all important NITRIC OXIDE, which is a vasodilator and critical to preserving the tone & health of our blood vessels. When olive oil constricts the blood vessels it's because it's blocking the production of nitric oxide. Not a good thing!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#32  Post by 89826 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:09 pm

As I wrote in an earlier post, vitamin C protects endothelial function which would otherwise be impaired after a high-fat meal. Another piece of good news about vitamin C.

Blade, I am interested about the effects of caffeine on the endothelium. I had thought, as it seems you do also, that caffeine impaired endothelial function. But I recently came across a study that concluded drinking green tea boosted endothelial function. So now I wonder.

0-calorie green tea is a nice thing to drink when you are doing intermittent fasting.

blade

Post Number:#33  Post by blade » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:39 pm

89826 wrote:As I wrote in an earlier post, vitamin C protects endothelial function which would otherwise be impaired after a high-fat meal. Another piece of good news about vitamin C.

Blade, I am interested about the effects of caffeine on the endothelium. I had thought, as it seems you do also, that caffeine impaired endothelial function. But I recently came across a study that said drinking green tea boosted endothelial function. So now I wonder.

0-calorie green tea is a nice thing to drink when you are doing intermittent fasting.

green tea has a ton of fluoride, right? That isnt something I'd be all about

yes, I don't know about coffee at all....

This guy, pro-low fat, talks about dangers of coffee/caffenie
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Coffee_ ... ngers.aspx
I dont like his stuff, he reads abstracts and isnt scienctific, his goal seems to be to get you to click on his sites links

then good things about coffee
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Coffee.aspx

only thing I could find on pubmed is
CONCLUSIONS:

CC acutely induced unfavorable cardiovascular effects, especially on endothelial function. In the fasting state, insulin secretion is also likely reduced after CC ingestion. Future studies will determine whether CC has detrimental clinically relevant effects, especially in unhealthy subjects.

my take is sex..
you need your endothelium working great/good to get a boner(via nitrix oxide) and then have sex, right?
1 ever try to have sex after thanksgiving?
2 think it'd be easier to get a boner and have sex after french fries/burger/pie?
or
3 few pounds of broccoli/spinach/rhubarb/eggwhites?
(nitrates are what give you boners, via being reduced to nitrite and produce more NO)
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/90/1/1.full.pdf

so I know #3 is the answer
(sure, when you are younger, it won't matter, but as you age and damage accumulates and your hormones are ideal and your arteries are filled with calcium, it matters)

Is sex easy after coffee?
yeah, but I'm in my late 30s,

I know essytlyn and Forks over knifes talks about how a low fat diet means you still can have sex as you age on his
and Dr esselstyn, says Coffee is ok
http://www.choose-healthy-eating-for-li ... fMsxkZ3_fo

I'm not saying go vegan, but I think we have established eating fat hurts your body's ability to produce NO and that's a bad thing for NO does so many good things(

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#34  Post by 89826 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:49 pm

The June, 2008 issue of the European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation published the results of a trial led by Dr Nikolaos Alexopoulos and colleagues at the Athens Medical School in Greece which found that drinking green tea improved endothelial function in men and women. Dysfunction of the endothelial cells which line the circulatory system is a critical event in the development of atherosclerosis, which leads to heart attack and stroke.

The current study tested the effects of three substances: 6 grams of green tea brewed in 450 milliliters boiled water, 125 milligrams caffeine, and hot water as a placebo, in 14 healthy participants with an average age of 30 years. Half of the subjects were smokers. Flow mediated dilatation of the brachial artery, which evaluates endothelial function by measuring artery diameter after a brief period of restricted blood flow, was assessed before the intake of each substance, and at 30, 90 and 120 minutes (time points when the peak plasma concentration of caffeine and tea flavonoids occur), for each of the three sessions.

While caffeine and hot water failed to demonstrate significant effects, there was a peak increase of 3.9 percent in endothelium-dependent brachial artery dilatation 30 minutes after the subjects consumed green tea. The finding supports the associated observed between green tea drinking and decreased cardiovascular disease risk. Tea flavonoids have antioxidant effects which may be responsible for their benefits; however green tea’s flavonoids may be more potent than those of black tea because the leaves have not undergone oxidation.

"These findings have important clinical implications," stated study coauthor Dr Charalambos Vlachopoulos. "Tea consumption has been associated with reduced cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in several studies. Green tea is consumed less in the Western world than black tea, but it could be more beneficial because of the way it seems to improve endothelial function. In this same context, recent studies have also shown potent anticarcinogenic effects of green tea, attributed to its antioxidant properties."

“Green tea consumption has an acute beneficial effect on endothelial function, assessed with flow-mediated dilatation of the brachial artery, in healthy individuals,” the authors conclude. “This may be involved in the beneficial effect of tea on cardiovascular risk.”

Note that pure caffeine had no effect.

blade

Post Number:#35  Post by blade » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:41 am

89826 wrote:“Green tea consumption has an acute beneficial effect on endothelial function, assessed with flow-mediated dilatation of the brachial artery, in healthy individuals,” the authors conclude. “This may be involved in the beneficial effect of tea on cardiovascular risk.”

Note that pure caffeine had no effect.

I find it interesting that you gave no link.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 080624.htm

The problem with green tea is the content of flouride
Dr Blaylock loves to babble on about it's risk and other excitotoxins
http://www.naturalnews.com/020550.html#

pubmed shows amount of flouride in water related to cancer levels
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8897753

or not
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... 69/?page=6

as this site is here because of a huge coverup for a cheap/effective way to prevent CAD, so would they tell us about flouride hurting us?
I dunno
I like green tea, but arent there LOTS of ways to improve endothelial function. Drinking Green tea has pros and cons and is a "quick" fix.

-low fat diet(15% of total calories from fat)
-nitrate rich foods(spinach/rhubarb, garlic, POM juice etc)
-improve your T/E ratio with HRT and (first) lose the gut

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#36  Post by 89826 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:02 am

Blade, I just copied the whole summary instead of posting a link because I find it easier to follow a thread that way. You found a reference. Here's the link I used- a little longer summary of the same study: http://www.lifeextension.com/newsletter ... on/page-01

Both NIH links you posted say there is no association between fluoride consumption and cancer. They criticize the statistical analysis of the studies that do.

I am not quite the conspiracy theorist that some are. But people definitely respond to incentives- usually where the money is. Including medical researchers. First question one must always ask is, who paid for the study?
Last edited by 89826 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blade

Post Number:#37  Post by blade » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:35 am

89826 wrote:I am not quite the conspiracy theorist that some are. But people definitely respond to incentives- usually where the money is. Including medical researchers. First question one must always is, who paid for the study?

right, who gets paid for the study
but lets go back more
do you have cavities? I bet you do, and I bet you drink flouridated water? so why do you have cavities? guess the flouride in water doesnt work
so who is paid to put floride in water?

at any rate, I'm not here to debate whether flouride is "good for you"
I drank water with flouride in it 30+ years and I have cavities even though Ibrush
yet the last few years,l stopped drinking flourided water, as best i can, and I have taken a better role in my dental hygiene(like adding AA in grams to my diet) water pic, and my teeth are better than ever

the topic is how to help/prevent endothelial dysfunction
green tea helps that, so use it, if you want :D

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#38  Post by 89826 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Nitric oxide is a magical molecule. How to prevent endothelial dysfunction? To summarize, don't eat foods which damage it.

What foods damage the endothelium? Ones with cholesterol, animal protein, and saturated fat. And oil. In other words eat plant foods.

blade

Post Number:#39  Post by blade » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:37 pm

89826 wrote:Nitric oxide is a magical molecule. How to prevent endothelial dysfunction? To summarize, don't eat foods which damage it.

What foods damage the endothelium? Ones with cholesterol, animal protein, and saturated fat. And oil. In other words eat plant foods.

exactly and if you must eat animal foods(like protein, etc) then eat some foods high in antioxidants, top foods high in antioxidants are:
Prunes. The deep taste and sticky, chewy texture of this dried fruit is high in antioxidants, as it is considered a cancer protector and a good source of vitamins. ...
Raspberries.
Cloves. ...
Strawberries. ...
Cranberries. ...
Walnuts. ...
Blueberries. ...
Pinto Beans.
http://www.medicaldaily.com/healing-foo ... iet-285370

blade

Post Number:#40  Post by blade » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:48 pm

89826 wrote:What foods damage the endothelium? Ones with cholesterol, animal protein, and saturated fat. And oil. In other words eat plant foods.

not just saturated, any fat

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#41  Post by pamojja » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:32 am

ofonorow wrote:You might check out Nick Gonzalez Video lecture on Cancer and Enzymes. He relates the lesson learned that not one diet is correct for every person... (The Dr. who taught Gonazles, thought like you, put his third wife on the “correct” low fat diet, and she nearly died. In desperation he put her on the opposite – high meat/fat diet – and she thrived. Has to due with parasympathetic nervous system and how fast our digestive tracts are...)

Listened today to his last recorded talk aired at the http://evolutionofmedicinesummit.com/nicholas-gonzalez/. Could gather following points related to his autonomous nervous system adapted diet:

Dominant sympathetic types: Typ ‘A’ personalities, disciplined; mostly solid cancers; do good on much plant based foods: fruits, veggies, seeds, grains, nuts, plant based oils: hemp, flax; high vitamin C + D, B1, B2, B3, folates, beta carotene, chromium, 8:1 ratio magnesium to calcium; but do not good on much meat protein, B12, choline, pantothenic acid, zinc, selenium, fish oil.

Parasympathetic types are rather creative with unconventional ‘formal’ education; mostly blood-based cancers; do good on lots of meat and a ketogenic diet, saturated fats or from fish oils, Ca 10-15 ratio to Mg (high magnesium causes depression), Vitamin B12, B5, Choline; not as good on grains or seed. Need zinc & selenium, not good with other large Vitamin B doses.

Mixed or balanced types: no cancer, suffer from allergies and fatigue.

Because I really benefited from high doses of vitamins unter both types, for example vitamin C and fish oils, also the free metabolic typing test at mercola.com came back as a mixed type, suffer from post-exertional fatigue (CFS/ME) and seasonal allergies, and because I experienced so many benefits from changing from a low-fat lacto-vegetarian to high-fat/low carb pescarian diet 7 years ago - I must be of a kind of mixed type.

By the way, Nick Gonzales had his approach refined up to 10 different variations between both extremes.

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#42  Post by Saw » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:45 pm

89826 wrote:

Blade wrote:not just saturated, any fat

Wait What!!
Really? I won't argue the oil part but I gotta say this makes no sense to me.
http://gamapserver.who.int/gho/interactive_charts/ncd/mortality/cvd/atlas.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_meat_consumption
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

blade

Post Number:#43  Post by blade » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:43 am

Saw wrote:
89826 wrote:

Blade wrote:not just saturated, any fat

Wait What!!
Really? I won't argue the oil part but I gotta say this makes no sense to me.]

waiting?

what's going on? can I go now? or do you want to wait longer?

la de la
ok so
yes, why

go read post 30
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12087&p=41185&hilit=progenitor#p41185

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”