Looking for studies showing statins increase Lp(a)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Looking for studies showing statins increase Lp(a)

Post Number:#1  Post by johnyascorbate » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:52 am

I know the studies have shown statins can cause a number of bad side effects and problems as it relates to heart disease, but I'm looking for any studies that show statins do in fact increase one's lipoprotein(a). All I can seem to find are studies showing statins decrease Lp(a). If anyone can post a link to any literature showing an increase I would very much appreciate it.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Looking for studies showing statins increase Lp(a)

Post Number:#2  Post by eDOC » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:46 pm

johnyascorbate wrote:I know the studies have shown statins can cause a number of bad side effects and problems as it relates to heart disease, but I'm looking for any studies that show statins do in fact increase one's lipoprotein(a). All I can seem to find are studies showing statins decrease Lp(a). If anyone can post a link to any literature showing an increase I would very much appreciate it.

Still looking, I knew way back in 2000 if I recall correctly, Statins cause MI, Strokes, Diabetes, Myopthies, and raise Lpa level's.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Looking for studies showing statins increase Lp(a)

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:38 am

A long time ago, a forum member sent us the "warnings" from the Canadian versions of the American medical journals, and we scanned and posted them

http://naturesperfectstatin.com/warn.htm

Scroll down to the image of the scan and note the Canadian warnings on CoQ10 and Lp(a).

Note - The Canadian government requires the warning about statins elevating Lp(a). This is not proof, but their agency must have found the studies you seek.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”