Can vitamin C/Lysine/proline help Pulminary Hypertension?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can vitamin C/Lysine/proline help Pulminary Hypertension?

Post Number:#1  Post by AngieLynn » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:06 am

My husband's heart ultrasound came back with mild Pulminary Hypertension. His halter test showed Frequent PVCs, rare PACs, as well as rare bursts of PSVT. We still haven't talked with the doctor. Appointment isn't until next week Friday.

Can the Can vitamin C/Lysine/proline protocol help him or possibly reverse the Pulminary Hypertension?

I'm wondering if it's caused by vitamin and mineral deficiencies in his case. He's got a hernia that caused reflux and consequently Barrett's Esophagus. He had ablation which removed the pre-cancer Barrett's cells. Rather than opt for surgery to repair the hernia he opted to take pantropazole which is an proton pump inhibitor.

He often tests low or low/normal on iron and other things like calcium, etc. He takes supplements including an herbal liquid iron, but we're now going to add liposomal iron, vitamin C taken with the iron, magnesium oil on the skin, and a more absorbable form of magnesium called ReMag https://rnareset.com/, etc.

We're meeting with his gut doctor in two weeks to look into what it would take to get him off the pantropozole, or at least onto something less powerful.

Or do you think he should consider hernia surgery? Are there alternatives?

And in the meantime do you feel the vitamin C protocol could help?

Thanks!

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Can vitamin C/Lysine/proline help Pulminary Hypertension?

Post Number:#2  Post by exitium » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:53 am

here is my unprofessional view. Thickened, calcified, cholesterol clogged arteries will increase BP and PT should address the cholesterol adhesion part of the equation and reppaire arterial damage leading to healthier arteries.

Vitamin K should help with calcification.

When you say hernia I assume your referring to hiatial? The problem with proton pump inhibitor is 2 fold. It alters gut environment making it more hospitable to certain pathogens. It also reduces your bodies ability to break down food and get essential nutrients. Im not totally up to speed on the hiatal hernia repair but considering the long term damage that can be caused by PPI's id seriously consider it.

I would also suggest a high end GI tract diagnostic like that offered from Genova labs to rule out any gut bugs.

Lastly consider the fact that most people, especially older folks, have been suffering for many nutrient deficiencies for decades which has led to poor health in older age.

I was diagnosed with Afib a couple years ago, docs couldnt find anything wrong or out of ordinary. Its what initially led me to PT and beyond. Docs initially put me on meds and daid to come back in 6 months for more tests. After 20+ hours of research on my own for many months I stopped the meds and never went back. Started complete suppliment plan and afib is more or less non existant now.....even though the doc told me that wasnt possible.

VC/lysine/proline are just the tip of the iceburg, I would put together a complete supplement regiment.

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by AngieLynn » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:47 pm

Thanks so much exitium. That all makes sense to me. This may sound silly but what is PT?

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by jimmylesante » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:02 am

PT is Pauling Therapy.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:48 am

Angielynn;

Like all of us we are getting older everyday and things that didn’t bother us before now start to show ugly side.

In your husbands case there might have been some signs earlier on but nothing that had any bearing on his well being now as he’s moving up he’s noticing them and getting things looked at and he’s seeing what’s going on.

The PVC and Pac’s are a normal part of living everyone has some everyday however when they become more frequent they can become problematic.

I could write an extensive amount on this problem but the American heart Assc. Has done it for me. I’ll post this link which will educate you more comprehensively then I could here!

Don’t take a negative view because it first focus’s on children remember he was once one of these and there may have been sign’s earlier.
Rather look at what their saying about the problems!

On the right hand side of the page is the index it starts with the page your on then next is pulmonary hypertension etc. Just read on!

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Condition ... rticle.jsp

Once you get a grip on things, then we can go on about the benefits of Pauling therapy has on the strength of the heart and the circulatory system.
Which can have a lot of impact on his well being if corrective action has to be taken to correct his problem!
If not correcting the problem before it get’s further out of hand!

Hope this helps!

On the Hernia! Get the darn thing fixed!
One year since I had mine done! Best move I made in a long time!
Does wonders on absorbing nutrients!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by AngieLynn » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I'm not sure if I'm reading your post right, but is there more about the Pauling Therapy you were going to share after we read the link info? If so, then please post away.

If not, then I think you're saying that the Pauling Therapy could really help correct his problem. Am I understanding you correctly?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:45 am

And in the meantime do you feel the vitamin C protocol could help?

There is hardly ever harm from trying vitamin C, and as Pauling himself said, the results from adding lysine are often "miraculous."

In fact, if he doesn't currently take vitamin C, much of what is going wrong with him can be explained from that one fact.

The Pauling therapy protocol I recommend is based on the Linus Pauling foundation as printed around page 14 in the Pauling book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER.

The protocol is available as a free download (Chapter 7 from my book) http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/

liposomal iron??
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by AngieLynn » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:07 am

Thanks Owen,

We can do that. I have a couple questions on the plan:

He has difficulty with anything too acidic. I realize most people should avoid calcium, but he tests low on calcium because of the pantropazole, so I thought buffered C might be okay for him. I'd like to combine that with some some livon labs C packets to cut down on the acid. Does that seem okay? Or would you have another suggestion?

Also does the lysine and proline have to be taken on an empty stomach? I see your formula has it together with the vitamin C, so I imagine it's okay for that all to be taken together. He has to take iron on an empty stomach, so if he takes all of that together, is that okay?

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by jimmylesante » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:56 pm

If i may? eDOC recommended DMSO for pulmonary hypertension.
Using a nebuliser and inhaling the DMSO.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by exitium » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:00 pm

AngieLynn wrote:He has difficulty with anything too acidic.

Im a big fan of buffering AA with potassium bicarbonate, something no one gets enough of anyway.

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by AngieLynn » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:26 am

Thanks Jimmy - Do you have a link for that? I'm having trouble finding it.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:11 am

AngieLynn wrote:Thanks Owen,

He has difficulty with anything too acidic.

The assumption is you are referring to eating (because the blood is buffered to be precisely pH neutral. Meaning if the blood were to get too alkaline - the body finds an acid to adjust (just as it might find calcium in bones, if the blood becomes too acidic). And yes, I can believe that the sicker people are, the more "acidic" their blood tends to be. But vitamin C is a weak acid, on the order of the acidity in a cola drink.

Russell Jaffe recommends a urine pH test upon waking - to help determine whether your body is to acidic or not.

Since there are many problems drinking down acids, either a liposomal or buffered C make sense.

Also does the lysine and proline have to be taken on an empty stomach? I see your formula has it together with the vitamin C, so I imagine it's okay for that all to be taken together. He has to take iron on an empty stomach, so if he takes all of that together, is that okay?

In theory, more of the amino acids might be absorbed if lysine and proline are taken separately from foods (in which the protein is also digested into amino acids) but I don't think it matters much. Over the years, people who have taken the Pauling therapy drink mixes, with vitamin C, lysine and proline have experimented and reported the fewest nuisance effects when taking the drink 20 minutes prior to a meal.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#13  Post by AngieLynn » Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Just in case it will help anyone to know - it turns out he has apnea. We would have never known but since I have apnea and had a sleep study, and my husband is always tired, she suggested a sleep study for him. He's not overweight and doesn't snore, yet he has moderate apnea. This could be the cause of pulminary hypertension.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”