Going to see the Cardiologist next month and.........

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Going to see the Cardiologist next month and.........

Post Number:#76  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:15 am

Johnwen, correct me if I am wrong...

Grafts: Saphenous vein grafts t the right coronary artery and the left anterior descending artery are 100% occluded.

Johnwen, he has experienced restenosis in his by-pass veins. (I haven' looked over your entire case, but if you haven't had bypass surgery, than I am confused!) This is the problem with bypasses and stents - the damn arteries keep trying to heal!

So your doctors aren't "too concerned" (because you are still alive and breathing and the only thing that seems to have failed, is their treatment - your bypasses.)

The cholesterol level tells me that your body is still fighting the fires (and producing cholesterol to deal with it). The way I would deal with that would be to increase vitamin C (and lysine and proline. Proline because if your bypasses are already occluded, there is no theoretical reason not to add back the proline)

I hope johnwen chimes in, but I think you are on the right track sticking with the Pauling therapy, although in our experience, there needs to be blood flow for an occluded artery to reverse and become normal.

Another thought from all the readings on cancer lately, is that the commonality among alt. cancer treatments is to get oxygen to the tumor/cancer. I know that a doctor having a heart attack saved his own life by going immediately into a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. So how do we increase oxygen to the heart? An idea out of the blue (or universe) for you, with occluded arteries, is to look for ways to "oxygenate" your heart.

For example, gemmanium
http://www.cancertutor.com/germanium/

Organic germanium helps enrich the body with oxygen and is a superb anti-oxidant.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#77  Post by Johnwen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Owen wrote:
Johnwen, he has experienced restenosis in his by-pass veins.

First of all I have Never had any bypass surgery!
Nor do I have a need for it!!
FYI: I’ve been taking various amounts of V-C since the early 70’s since reading Hawkins/Pauling’s book Otrhomolecular Psychiatry!
To help increase my learning abilities and brain function but the other benefits have keep other parts in very good shape also!

However! I have seen it many times over the last 35 years and most of it is Neo intimal hyperplasia.
Which is where the veinal bypass becomes occluded by endothiel cells trying to grow inside the vein and since they can’t grow inside a vein they cluster at the junction of the artery and vein bypass blocking of the blood flow in the bypass! Which is why saphenous vein grafts are avoided as much as possible in lieu of mammary arteries.

What causes this blockage??
Lack of nitric oxide(NO)! When there is Not sufficient NO the body tries to produce more by adding endothiel cells to produce more NO the body seem to know that those pipes aren’t carrying their load and try’s to correct this by adding Endo cells to them. Even though they can’t exists there. Doesn’t mean it don’t stop trying.
The only thing to do in this case is Increase the levels of NO so the body stops looking for more.

HOW? L-Arginine, L-citrulline, Long lasting Nitro pills, L-Carnosine and many more whose job is to increase NO production.

From what I’m reading the problem at the bottom of his heart is probably necrotic tissue from a prior heart attack. Since he has a good EF it’s not affecting his heart muscle function. Which is good and it’s probably pliable scar tissue that’s not calcified. Ie he’s a lucky one in that respect!

OWEN:
Had a 3d imaging done about 3 years ago when we got this big $$$ ct machine in. I was number 2 test rat and it came out clean as a whistle.
Don’t think or know for that fact, that things have changed since!! Ie: NO BYPASSES!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

gizmo1955
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#78  Post by gizmo1955 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Owen and Johnwen, thanks so much for your input. I do have a couple of questions / comments.

Should I assume that PT should be maintained to BT?

I have been using a ER Nitro 120mg but it doesn't seem to completely relieve the angina on exertion. I have been walking 30 minutes each morning and I have had to vary the pace from 2.8 to 3.2mph (on the treadmill) I also have to mention that I have had suspicion that what I was feeling wasn't necessarily angina but more gas pains that are centered in the chest and on occasion radiate to the shoulders. It seems when the gas is relieved, up or down, the pain is relieved for a while. I think I know my body enough that when I am having true angina that it radiates from the upper LEFT chest to the left shoulder not from the CENTER chest. I have mentioned this to my GP and he has not had any suggestions, thinking that it was truly angina. Any suggestion? I experience no real pain other than when under exertion.

I have to say that I have had to back way off the PT because of gas. It has helped to eliminate some chest pain with exertion but not all.

I also wanted to get your thoughts on statins in my situation. I know in general the thought has been to get off of them. Which I did several months ago. Given the information above, is that still a wise idea for me?

Any additional thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

As I mentioned before, I don't know - what I don't know, as I am sure goes for many people that view this forum.

Thanks again!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#79  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:14 am

First of all, I never implied the YOU johnwen had a bypass?? (Happy to hear about your test results though...) I was saying that I didn't go back through this post by gizmo1955, but gleaned his restenosis after a bypass operation from the report he provided. As you gleaned his prior heart attack.

gizmo1955 wrote:I have to say that I have had to back way off the PT because of gas. It has helped to eliminate some chest pain with exertion but not all.

Not a good idea or strategy gizmo1955 :(

Rather then you becoming a case of what happens when the Pauling Therapy is reduced or stopped, you need to find a way to ingest the vitamin C you require (since you cannot make it) .

One idea is smaller dosages more frequently. Perhaps put the PT in a water bottle and sip throughout the day.

Sherry Lewin recommended an activated charcoal supplement which absorbs gas in the gut.

The advantage of liposomal vitamin C is increased absorption - so more vitamin C reaches the gut, rather than the colon/rectum where it can form gas.

Or you can live longer - with gas.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#80  Post by exitium » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:35 am

Montmorency wrote:
gizmo1955 wrote:exitium

plant based diets require B supplementation, especially B12, id recommend source naturals methylcobalamin.

As for plantar fasciitis potassium bicarbonate resolved mine. Most people dont get anywhere near the 4700mg a day the FDA recommends.

Thanks for the info, I will be looking into both.

I guess that RDA relates to the potassium, rather than potassium bicarbonate specifically.
I've seen some people recommend pure potassium chloride (but not low-salt, because of additives),e,g, to replace some, or add to normal salt (or sea salt). It's supposed to be as bioavailable as NaCl.

Many forms of potassium, especially if supplementing a lot, can upset the stomach quite a bit. Feel free to experiment with the source but everyone has followed my advice for potassium from plantar has benefited.

gizmo1955
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#81  Post by gizmo1955 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:45 am

Exitium thanks for the info...I have to say that thankfully, planter is no longer an issue. Possibly due to reduced exercise (not because I wanted to) or possibly due to the stretching exercise suggested my a local physical therapist.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”