Mild Chest Pain Now

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Mild Chest Pain Now

Post Number:#16  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:39 am

I tried to review your case. It sounds like a good report (as 70% blockage is usually treatable with Pauling's protocol).

The idea of "collateral" growth puzzles me, to say the least. I know they need an explanation for why the blood is flowing at a greater rate, since they KNOW that atherosclerosis and blockages are not reversible... I try to imagine how these new arteries might grow... Like the sprout of a plant? They tunnel from the artery to the heart, not losing blood in the process and then creating a hole at the other end? I try to keep an open mind, but when I hear "collateral" I just believe there is more blood flowing meaning that the vitamin C therapy is probably working.

What would be interesting is seeing the early reports contrasted with the labs after you began Pauling's protocol.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#17  Post by Johnwen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:16 am

I agree with Owen that what is seen here is more then likely Pauling’s protocol at work. However collateral growth is also possible but unlikely unless the blockage was in a high pressure area or counter pulsation therapy was used to stimulate their growth. If collateral growth was as easy to achieve as his doc’s are saying then the mortality rate of coronary occlusions would be very low, but it’s NOT!

Here’s some info on how collaterals grow and methods to enhance their growth,

http://circres.ahajournals.org/content/99/6/567.full

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3917995/
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#18  Post by Bxgpsy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:23 pm

Thanks Guys, Here are a couple of interesting links for you. I am actually feeling a lot more confident about not having bypass done now 1. because of the change in lad blockage 2. because the Doc also presented his case showing me that colesterol in my case is not a factor anymore that I need bypass, but then as the conversation went on he wanted to put me on a colesterol med WHY? Am I misreading this?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1768107/
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/preventi ... ey-dach-md

Frank51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#19  Post by Frank51 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:54 am

Bxgpsy wrote:Thanks Guys, Here are a couple of interesting links for you. I am actually feeling a lot more confident about not having bypass done now 1. because of the change in lad blockage 2. because the Doc also presented his case showing me that colesterol in my case is not a factor anymore that I need bypass, but then as the conversation went on he wanted to put me on a colesterol med WHY? Am I misreading this?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1768107/
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/preventi ... ey-dach-md

Bxgpsy I checked out these links you posted above and the second link referred to Dr. Knut Sroka. He has an interesting website on collaterals with a lot of information.

The link to his website here with lots of links in it to click on and read.
http://heartattacknew.com/print-version/

I had bypass surgery in February of this year. My sister was having chest pain a couple of months ago and was told she had several blocked arteries. She was also told she wasn't a good candidate for bypass surgery but she had developed collaterals. She had some chest pain for years but thought it was acid reflux. I bought her Owens book on the pauling therapy, some ascorbic acid and lysine. She's been using those things and seems to be doing fine.

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#20  Post by Bxgpsy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks Frank, This opens up an expanded view of things. I am doing as much reading as I can, this idea of just watching the breath as I do in meditation brings up an interesting line of inquiry. I have been meditating now for almost 20yrs I can feel the pulse increase on the inhale and slow on the out. With all the scientific work being done on everything I'm sure the PNS has been or is being studied for links to this. I have told my cardio man that "well I had a good run I am 62 have lived longer than a lot of people, so if I keel over, I guess that's it"
Of course he started laying on the fear tactic as usual trying to get me back on rat poison etc but I am not gonna do it. I am pluggin right along here with PT and am feeling so much better, more energy, focus and better mood too. I am not having any chest pain at all now and I think that my arteries are beginning to clear. I thought it really interesting those photos showing just how many arteries and veins actually surround the heart my spirits were lifted when I saw that! Also how the heart seems to default to collateral building as soon as it senses trouble. I think they"re is a lot we do know about this but there is a vast field of knowledge we do not. I think we will see this changing within I bet five years or so maybe?
Anyway I hope you are feeling better now and a fine recovery is in place for you, there are situations where bypass should be done as well, but the bottom line for me is what we put on our forks, this determines our health more than anything.

Frank51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#21  Post by Frank51 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:30 pm

Bxgpsy wrote: Anyway I hope you are feeling better now and a fine recovery is in place for you, there are situations where bypass should be done as well, but the bottom line for me is what we put on our forks, this determines our health more than anything.

Bxgypsy I thought you might find the articles posted at that link interesting if you hadn't already read them. I'm 64 and I'm not afraid of crossing over the big divide either but while I'm here I want to do all I can to enjoy life. I've been told I'm doing very well by doctors and nurses after my surgery and I know I am feeling better. Thank you for your well wishes and I hope things turn out well for you to with your health.

Your comment "what we put on our forks" resonates with me and I thought I'd pass along a couple of links to videos on that subject that I find very interesting.

The first link is to video of Sally Fallon speaking on the subjects of cholesterol, statins and vegetable oils. She put out a large cookbook with Dr Mary Enig.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvKdYUCUca8

This link is to an interview of Dr. Mary Enig and her research into fats and oils.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dpFFqN94JE

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#22  Post by Bxgpsy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:38 pm

I have found a new use for Vitamin C, every winter I always get these little patches of dermatitis usually on my ankles and a few on my legs, that crust over and are very itchy. I have always just used OTC Hydro creme but it never really stopped it. I have been putting a little amount of hand cream in the palm of my hand and sprinkling 1/8-1/16 tsp of world's best C and mixing the two together up and applying, I think it' best to use it right away because C strength starts a decay of potency. It is perfectly stable in it's powder form however. So far I have not heard anything from Mr. Itchy for quite awhile now!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#23  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:59 am

What is the hand cream you are using, or what are the main ingredients?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#24  Post by Bxgpsy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:51 am

Hi Owen, I just use the cheap stuff, just any hand lotion I think would work,( Glycerin based) just something that would hold the C against the skin is the main thing I think. Some flushing can occur at the site, but I am amazed at how quickly this has worked!

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#25  Post by Bxgpsy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:24 am

I am beginning to have G I issues taking my usual dose of worlds best C @ 17-18 grams per day It feels like gerd with mild nausea, I do also have hiatal hernia so there are symptoms of that too. Should I take smaller doses more frequently or try something different. Would a probiotic help anybody have input? THX

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#26  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:45 am

Is there some reason your are not having hiatal hernia repaired?

You can try some fraction as sodium ascorbate (I now do 50/50) or add baking soda to the ascorbic acid as Linus Pauling himself did, and see if that helps.

If not, the only option may be the lipsomal form.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Bxgpsy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#27  Post by Bxgpsy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Well, I am in the midst of this pending bypass reevaluation coming up this spring as I will have been on PT for 6-7 months. Possibly later I can look into getting it repaired. I seem to be feeling a bit better the last day or two. How do you find the sodium ascorbate, none of the bottles say anything. Suggestions? THX

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”