BP as high as 190/99

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

BP as high as 190/99

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:37 am

Hi Owen,
I am experiencing High blood pressure for some time, it has some times gone up to 190/99 I don't know the reason why I am having Hypertention but I am concerned.

Is what I need, Cardio C? I am not fond of doctors who will dispense meds only so I do not pay them any visits. Whatever reason (clogged arteries or stress) will Cardio C be the one? How do I determine how much to consume. I am currently using the finest C and am up to 8g (still no sign of diarrhea) My age is 64 and weigh 105#

If you can offer some advice regarding this I would appreciate it. Yes, I am aware you are not a physician but I'd rather trust you than a drug dealing physician.

Since I am titrating, I will probably need more grams but it will also take more water. Won't I be drinking too much water and thus wash away minerals? Because it is so sour, I take 2 grams with one glass of water. Can I take other vitamins, minerals and hlth products with the vitamin C to cut down on too much water?
Blessings,
M

There are several issues to comment on, not the least is your fear of water! Linus Pauling, my personal oracle, recommend drinking a lot of water based on his experience with kidney disease. The more hydrated you are, the less your kidneys have to work. We posted the results of a study (from a group I trust) in "factoids" that the risk of cancer in women who drink 2 glasses of water is about half of those who only drink one glass daily, and 3 glasses per day reduces the cancer risk substantially more, etc. Finally, there is even the "water cure" (See this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12064). This protocol of waking, only drink water and nothing else for 45 minutes, and then not drinking after eating, supposedly cures a myriad of illness.

For me personally, I have no fear that extra water would deplete minerals, at least with normal kidney function.

The fact that you have not reached your vitamin C bowel tolerance indicates that you are able to metabolize a large amount of vitamin C. You might want to perform the Jaffe Cleanse to help calibrate your daily vitamin C requirement. (See: viewtopic.php?t=11631)

Regarding the hypertension, as I have learned from johnwen at this forum over the years, there can be many unexpected reasons for such high blood pressure. Also, know that there are "good" anti-hypertension drugs. Dr. Thomas Levy's book, DEATH BY CALCIUM covers them in detail. I don't have the expertise off the top of my head, but there are several drugs that extend life and I would be comfortable taking if I were in your shoes. (I leave that discussion to Johnwen).

The basics of high blood pressure. A medical education teaches that a small narrowing of the arteries, creates an exponential rise in blood pressure. So blood pressure can be an indicator of the amount of atherosclerosis narrowing your arteries and veins. If this is the problem, not calcium per se, then the Pauling-therapy (vitamin C, lysine and proline, e.g. Cardio-C) may help lower your blood pressure. We have had many such reports over the years. There is no harm from trying and If it were me, I would start with two servings per day (5000 mg of vitamin C and lysine) in addition to your current vitamin C intake.

If the blood pressure is related to calcium build-ups (used to be called arteriosclerosis) that prevents your arteries from expanding/dilating, then taking vitamin K (which help regulate calcium from soft tissues into bones) may have a strong beneficial effect, but it takes time. In our experience, you may not notice the results for up to one year. Again, there is no harm and much benefit from supplementing vitamin K. We recommend one Super-K from Life Extension (LEF.ORG) daily.

There are other "natural" remedies for high blood pressure, especially Magnesium (which functions like the "good" drugs Levy describes) and vitamin B6.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: BP as high as 190/99

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:12 am

My age is 64 and weigh 105#

First let’s sweeten up your life!!
Pick up some Stevia must health food and Big name grocery stores carry it! Then add a little bit to taste with the V-C which will make it more appealing to drink without any effects that sugar would have on them or their V-C.

Let’s see 64 years old 105Lbs. I would have to say Postmenopausal female!
CORRECT??
Haven’t seen any males over 4’ tall that carry this kind of weight!

If I’m correct (?) then it appears that she may have a hormone problem which can be corrected thru various process’s. However with such high readings and the possibility of damage occurring, I would have to start with some BP meds to knock it down first than look for the real problem after seeing some control. But that’s a call her doc would have to address!

As far as the real problem I found this article that covers it in detail and saves me a lot of typing. See if she can make some sense of it. It’s a pretty good article.

http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/54/1/11.full
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:43 am

Do you have to be a member of the AHA? All I get is a blank screen when I click on that link. (I see the title is Hypertension).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:13 am

No! It’s open access! Here try the PDF an see if that works???

http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/54 ... l.pdf+html
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”