Heart Palpitations?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Heart Palpitations?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:38 am

Hello!

Have you ever heard of vitamin C causing heart palpitations? A friend of mine told me that he gets it from taking C, and I'm experiencing mild palpitations lately. Wondering if it could be from my Vitamin C??? I hope not! But maybe I need to "buffer" it... is it possible that because I'm taking a combo of l-ascorbic and Cardio C and not the sodium ascorbate, that I'm losing minerals?
I have been increasing my magnesium intake lately. Also, I have heard it could be "peri-menopause" which is scary.

O.k., thanks for any input you have!

T.
p.s. I take about 18 grams of C per day, using your Cardio C and regular l-ascorbic. I love the extra lysine without having to take tons of capsules, it helps!

Good idea to increase magnesium (and screen your other supplements for manganese. The total manganese should not exceed 2 mg daily. If you are getting, say 20 mg daily, that would definitely cause heart palpitations. (The USDA verbally told a caller that it requires 60 days to detox the excess manganese before the regular heart beat returns.)

I have not heard of a substantiated case the vitamin C causes heart palpitations, but there is always a first time.

The reason for adding some baking soda or sodium ascorbate is to help lessen the acidity down the throat as we get older.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Heart Palpitations?

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:24 am

SIMPLE ANSWER NO!
But having other deficiencies of some minerals in the body can increase when taking V-C. The main one being iron!

I’ll let livestrong do the explaining.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/28594 ... pitations/
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Glory Matma
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#3  Post by Glory Matma » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:20 pm

HI,

I was taking well over 20 mg of manganese in various supplements and foods.

Initially I DID sense that taking megadoses of Vitamin C "caused" heart palpitations.

I don't even want to know how much manganese I was taking -- I had a mineral powder that does wonders for gum issues, but I flinch every time I think of the manganese content.

When I decided to really "take care of myself" I made sure to take every supplement as I was supposed to, including using the mineral powder for my gums. Not knowing about manganese toxicity, I thought my problem was toxic Vitamin C from China. On consulting my spiritual healer, who advises against ANY medical or alternative means, I stopped all Vitamin C. Then I went into rebound scurvy, as I had been taking 10-18 gm a day using inferior Vit C for decades. So upon ordering Vit C from here, I immediately started taking 1-2 gm per hour, except for 2-hour intervals while waking from sleep at night. Yes, and boy did I ever have "Vitamin C cause heart palpitations" Somehow the balance I had previously, between manganese and the Vit C, such as it was, only caused infrequent heart palpitations, which my spiritual healer could relieve. But now with THAT huge of a jump in Vit C dose, on top of a manganese toxic overload, my vagal nerve (which seriously affects the heart rate) went wild, uncontrollable, I lost bladder control, the heart beat was pounding throughout the night, and did not stop for anything (not even the Valsalva Maneuver) -- and went on for hours and hours. Spiritual healing only worked for a brief hour or so.

I dropped my Vit C intake to about 1 gm per hour, with intervals sometimes up to four hours when I forgot, and my heart rate normalized. When I finally got the recommended (on this forum) Pot/Mag Aspartate, that mineral supplement reduced the heart pounding to gentle, fast. I do not know why, but drinking Willards Water from Nutrition Coalition (~ 80oz/day) seriously slowed down the heart rate. And finally getting rid of all manganese from supplements and diet so that I can detox has helped a lot. (I still have to do energetic work to calm down things that the vagal nerve can try to go crazy on.)

So, yes, my experience is that, if you're laboring under a manganese toxic overload Vitamin C can indeed cause the heart rate to go really, really fast and scary.

It is very easy to get manganese toxicity, because almost everybody creating a supplement and praise its wonders, likes to add manganese to their product.

But fortunately the negative interaction between manganese and Vitamin C may be short-lived, as long as the manganese toxicity is removed. After all, my experience seems to be that Vitamin C actually heals the vagal nerve (and consequently its effect on the heart rate), so normality can be achieved within a short while, once the toxicity becomes less of an issue.

Frank51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Frank51 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:08 pm

I thought I'd share my experience with magnesium in this thread. This is all trial and error for me when trying to follow the Pauling Therapy and taking vitamins and supplements that are said to be beneficial to those of us with heart disease.

Before my bypass surgery I don't believe I'd ever had any arrhythmias but I did a day or two before they did the surgery when they gave me a shot of something. They had a heart monitor on me and it went off right after the shot. They told me before that the shot could cause it. I was in my room talking to the cardiologist and a nurse hurried in to check on me because she was monitoring me. I felt the flutter in my chest.

After the surgery I did have more arrhythmias but they weren't to concerned about them. After leaving the hospital I had more of them and they had me wear a monitor for 48 hrs. I did have some show up on the monitor when I took it back.

For sometime before the surgery I'd gotten some magnesium flakes and added distilled water to them to make Magnesium oil. I put it in a spray bottle and would soak myself and rub it in once a day but I wasn't able to while in the hospital or after when I was recovering.

The day I took the heart monitor back is when I had a family member bring me my magnesium oil and I started soaking myself with it. My arrhythmias ended immediately and I've only had a few since. The few I've had were when I'd skipped soaking myself with the magnesium oil. I also take a magnesium citrate capsule in the evening and use the transdermal spray in the mornings. Besides using magnesium oil I also take some nascent iodine which I've read helps alleviate irregular heart beats too.

Dr. Mark Sircus has an article at this link that got me started with the magnesium oil.

http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/ ... t-medicine

Glory Matma
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by Glory Matma » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:22 am

Besides using magnesium oil I also take some nascent iodine which I've read helps alleviate irregular heart beats too.

What brand of nascent iodine do you use?

Frank51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by Frank51 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:46 am

Glory Matma wrote:
Besides using magnesium oil I also take some nascent iodine which I've read helps alleviate irregular heart beats too.

What brand of nascent iodine do you use?

Here's a link to the site I order it from.

http://www.magneticclay.com/store/nasce ... aQodD2QOJw

$98.00 seems like a lot for a four oz. bottle but it goes a long way when you're measuring it out with a medicine dropper. They've been out of it but I got a message a couple of days ago they have more in and will be sending another bottle to me.

I also get my magnesium flakes from Magnetic Clay. I just mixed up another batch yesterday. I heat two cups of distilled water in a glass pyrex measure then add two cups of the flakes, stir it then let it cool before putting it in my spray bottle.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by Johnwen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:08 pm

When reading this article about this form of iodine. I came across this sentence (below) which cast some doubts about their push of this product. Mind you! I’m not disputing the effectiveness of the product just this unsubstantiated implication that the body does something that it does not do.

Iodine is an essential nutrient which means it must come from an external source because the body cannot produce it!

The thyroid uses iodine to produce Triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) and a deficiency of intake will cause a decrease in production of these hormones and will have adverse effects on the body.

When I read description and methods of action of a product and see presentations such as this. It makes me doubtful about the product and their claims about it!

Since Frank51 has had what appears to be good results using this products, even though he doesn’t present any testing to substantiate his claims I would still be a little skeptical about it use.

Especially at a hundred bucks a crack!

But this isn’t about Frank51 experience with it but what the sellers of this product who are claiming things that don’t happen that leads to doubts.

Especially when dealing with Heart Palpitations which can be caused by any one of a number of other conditions.

During this time, Nascent Iodine is recognized by the body as the same iodine that is produced by the thyroid and is absorbed effortlessly by the body.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Frank51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by Frank51 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:37 am

Johnwen thanks for your comments on the article that is posted at the site where I order nascent iodine. I'm a cattle rancher not a doctor or a chemist so I have to rely on those who have expertise in these areas. I appreciate you taking the time to look in to this and respond.

I rely on veterinarians in my business to advise me on health issues with livestock. I've had hair samples of cattle tested for mineral deficiencies but I haven't had mine tested. Iodine is a helpful in preventing lump jaw and foot rot in cattle so I feed minerals to my livestock as a preventative and the general well being of the cattle has improved over times when I wasn't feeding it. There are times when I've have bought a concentrated form of iodine from vets to supplementt what was already in the salt and mineral. It's a small step for me to supplement my own iodine intake because of that.

Dr Bruce West has an article on arrhythmias and iodine at this link and he cautions against supplementing iodine if you are already taking amiodarone.

http://www.healthsalon.org/435/iodine-a ... rhythmias/

Dr Mark Sircus has a book on supplementing iodine but I don't have it. I've done internet searches and and read articles he's put out on it. I can't say that nascent iodine has helped stop my arrhythmias because I started using magnesium at the same time I was taking the iodine. As I wrote above I had read it was beneficial in stopping them as in Dr Wests article at the link posted above but we all have to do our own due diligence then proceed with caution.

I think the magnesium is most likely what resolved my issues with arrhythmias and my cardiologist recommended that I keep it up. What I've noticed most when taking the iodine is that my memory has improved a lot but I can't say for sure it's the iodine that has helped.

When it comes to alternative medicine I believe we're all on our own and we all need to do our due diligence and then proceed with caution.

Johnwen I would also appreciate hearing your thoughts on the article by Bruce West at the link posted above if you have the time to read it and would care to comment on it.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”