Looking for liposomal version of Pauling therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Looking for liposomal version of Pauling therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:44 am

I'm trying to find a liposomal version of the pauling therapy that contains all of his ingredients....& doesn't require me to live work and play within sprint distance of a toilet. Can do a monthly, but let me know whatcha got first.
thankee,

We are not comfortable that a truly liposomal version would have the same benefits - mostly for theoretical reasons. And all our experience is with ascorbic acid (and lysine) as powders.

Do you know your vitamin C bowel tolerance? The amount you can take daily without gas/diarrhea?

For example, lets say that your daily maximum is 2 grams of vitamin C divided into 3 or 4 dosages. In this case, you would probably do well to obtain the other 3 to 4 grams of vitamin C daily from a True-liposomal vitamin C product. You can obtain lysine pills at any drug store, etc.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Looking for liposomal version of Pauling therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:47 am

If i'm even close to my 'tolerance' level of Vit c then i'm taking in way too much in my seldom humble opinion....& Owen, u b owing me an explanation of your 'therectical reasons' which sound suspiciously like a big 'duh'.

The theory is that Lp(a) binding inhibitors, specifically lysine and proline, bind to the Lp(a) binding sites on the Lp(a)-cholesterol molecules in the blood stream, rendering them inactive or unsticky. Since lysine from the blood fills that receptor, the receptor is not available to stick to damage (i.e. lysine residues) in the arterial wall.

Now if lysine and or proline are encapsulated in a lipid sphere (liposome) we don't believe it would be capable of rending the Lp(a) inactive, especially if the liposomes make it directly inside cells. So this is the theoretical issue.

Guinea pigs share our inability to make vitamin C and they suffer cardiovascular disease when vitamin C is restricted in their diets. An interesting study would be whether liposomal lysine and proline have same anti-CVD effects in these animals as do the powders.

But until we know more, I wouldn't recommend liposomes since we know the powdered products are effective.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”