Amount of vitamin K to take

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Amount of vitamin K to take

Post Number:#1  Post by hvc » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Good afternoon. I ordered Super-k from lef.org yesterday. I have a calcium score of 666 (agatston score) with stenosis <50%.
I wanted to know how many Super K with Advanced K2 Complex softgels to take each day. I am buidling up to 10gm per day of vitamin c (today I am at 8 gms). Am also at 6gm lycine and 1 gm proline. Also, how much vitamin e should I be taking?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Amount of vitamin K to take

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:21 am

Good idea regarding vitamin K. One pill of super-K daily has worked well for both me and my wife. The amounts in the Super-K product are in milligrams. In the first "case" of reducing calcification via vitamin K that I participated in (the former CEO of Tower Laboratories) he took 150 MICROGRAMS (.15 milligrams) for one year. I know there are discussions at the forum where very high amounts of a certain kind of Vitamin K2 have been recommended. Dr. Levy's recent book Death by Calcium, has a detailed discussion of vitamin K.

After a year, please let us know what happens to your calcium score.

I like your Pauling-therapy protocol.

In his book How To Live Longer and Feel Better Linus Pauling recommended 400 to 800 iu of vitamin E as alpha-tocopherol. I believe that best form of vitamin E for heart disease is the original Unique-E from A. C. Grace (and also available at Life Extension). The 90 year old president of A. C. Grace, who felt this vitamin E saved his life, bought the company to preserve the manufacturing process, recommended 2000 iu of Unique-E in the mornin
g.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by hvc » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:18 am

Thank you.

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by hvc » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:33 pm

Owen, My wife is beginning PT with me tomorrow. We saw your wife's calcium report on line. She asked if your wife had calcium that cleared or never had any is just keeping it that way?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:52 am

Good question. This was the first time she had been ordered by her physician to get the heart scan, perhaps due to her age. And remember, from our experience, calcium is related to vitamin K.

This is the first article I read at Life Extension that explains the Japanese research showing that vitamin K acts as a hormone, moving calcium from soft tissue into bone
. http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2014/9/The-Surprising-Longevity-Benefits-of-Vitamin-K/Page-01
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”