shortness of breath while taking vitamin c

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

shortness of breath while taking vitamin c

Post Number:#1  Post by hvc » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:10 am

Good morning. I began taking vitamin c 6 days ago and very quickly worked my way up to 8 grams a day. (also taking 6 grams of lysine and 1 gram of proline and b12 and baby aspirin). for the last 2-3 days I am experiencing shortness of breath throughout the day. I have read that megadoses of vitamic c can cause this along with other issues (including heart issues). Did I increase dosage too quickly? Is this dangerous? Will it subside with time? Should I be taking it in smaller doses more frequently throughout the day? Please advise.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: shortness of breath while taking vitamin c

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:53 am

I think you'll find what anyone would advise on this subject, what you'll read on this first page of this subject pretty much sums it up!
"Get to a medical facility and get it checked out! ASAP!!!!"

viewtopic.php?t=10783
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by hvc » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Thank you for your response. I actually just left the ER and thank God everything is fine. I do not want to give up on the protocol. Please opine on what you think my best Direction would be.

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by hvc » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Just a small addition. I May have used the term shortness of breath incorrectly. What I was feeling, what is the inability to get a satisfying breath. But, went to ER and everything tested fine. Looking forward to your response.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:10 pm

The best thing I could advise at this point is try halving your dosing and see if your symptoms are still there.
As far as the vitamin c it is only a beneficial substance, the side effects you mentioned in your prior post really are just myth’s, created to scare people away from something that corrects a lot of problems that are big money makers for the drug companies.
The l-lysine try limiting it to 4grams (4000mg) because you can get quite a bit from the food you eat and at 6000mg your at the limit from all sources.

The next is a question are you using powders or pills to reach these levels?

We covered this many times before about fillers used in the production of pills and caps. Because when taking in high enough doses these fillers can throw your whole system off balance and give some pretty bad side effects.

Here’s a quote from one I just posted a few days ago on another thread!
It kind of says it all!

Take a look at the labels of the tablets and capsules your taking!
You see all them 25 letter words on them under the inactive ingredients portion of the label well that’s more then likely your problem!

This topic was brought up a couple of years ago! Your l-lysine tablets weight about 800mg. That’s about 300mg. Of stuff you really don’t need!
The V-C caps which should be #00’s which hold around 900mg. Of V-C.
And the caps weight around 118mg. So the total loaded weight is around 1018mg. This is the 1000mg. On the label. However now you mix the V-C with the fillers listed at a ratio of 1 to 4 and the end product equals about 650mg. Of V-C and the rest is fillers, anti yellowing compounds and the cap itself .
So how much are you taking????

But the more important question is what are all them fillers doing to you?
Most will raise your blood pressure especially if taken in high enough doses.
Like 3 times a day!!!

This is the reason Pauling and his followers advise the use of powders when taking higher then RDA rec’s!!

Owen’s group and many more out there know this and sell powders that will give you what you need without all the extras you don’t!
Again quality is the name of the game here!

Hope your Holidays a good for you.

Here’s a little exercise you can try on your breathing.
Take in a smooth intake of air with your mouth for the count of 5.
Don’t rush the count! Use a clock with a second hand if you must!
Then exhale in a smooth even way for the count of 10 then repeat for about 5 to 10 times.
When doing this it’s best to sit in erect manner, back straight, head looking forward.
It takes a little practice but it the best exercise to get your lungs functioning and supplying needed air to your body!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by hvc » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:34 pm

Again, thank you so much for your advice! I have been taking pills. The cardio-c arrived yesterday. I am going to wait until sunday and then begin again with lower doses. Although to eventually reach a higher dose I will need to supplement. Is lysine > 6gms a day dangerous or just a waste? just as an fyi:
the v-c capsule aside from the L-ascorbic acid contains microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose, and vegetable magnesium stearate
the l-lysine capsule also contains vegetable cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, and vegetable magnesium stearate
the l-proline capsule also contains vegetable cellulose and vegetable magnesium stearate

much health and happiness to you and your family!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:45 am

Thanks to johnwen for finding those links, and I am happy that you got checked out at the ER.

And again, I think johnwen nailed a potential issue with the fillers in pills, especially at the multi-gram dosages we recommend.

Once you begin to feel better, you subconscious should start to "back off" and the fear of doing something "different" should subside.

Johnwen once calculated that the "upper safe limit" for lysine is around 14,000 mg (14 g) so his recommendation to limit it to around 6 grams is likely based on your reactions, and that fact that 5-6 grams is usually a highly effective dosage.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by jimmylesante » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:02 pm

Just my tuppence :(
When i gave up smoking and started on vitamin C i also got the shortness of breath- i put it down to VC making mucus more runny and the lungs struggling to excrete. As i'd take a breath but not feel the effects as much- a bit like breathing in a wet sauna. It went away after about a week when i started taking magnesium.
Perhaps your VC and lysine(which i hear is good for beating down viral infections as well) overloaded your lungs with excretory substances. Just a laymans thought.
Just a question if anyone knows where i can get lysine in powder form and especially proline in any form i'd be pleased. Even in US i can get it sent to a friend then posted out to me.
Otherwise Merry Xmas and a happy new year.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by pamojja » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:17 pm

jimmylesante wrote:Just a question if anyone knows where i can get lysine in powder form and especially proline in any form i'd be pleased. Even in US i can get it sent to a friend then posted out to me.
Otherwise Merry Xmas and a happy new year.

In the US:
http://purebulk.com/l-lysine-hcl-powder/
http://purebulk.com/l-proline-powder/
or: http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=proline#p=1

In the EU:
http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/l-lysine.html or
http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutriti ... 29480.html
http://swansoneurope.com/en/swanson-l-proline.html

Happy new year too.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”