Fiber, aspirin and plant stetols

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fiber, aspirin and plant stetols

Post Number:#1  Post by hvc » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:39 am

Taking super K and baby aspirin every day. Is the aspirin negating the vit k? If so, k1 and k2?
Is it bad to take flaxseeds, chia seeds, and eat a lot of fiber while doing PT? (I usually wait at least half an hour after taking vc before eating the fiber or flaxseeds or chia seeds).
Is it ok to take plant sterols with PT?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Fiber, aspirin and plant stetols

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:09 am

These are guesses based on now 20 years of experience because NO ONE IS STUDYING PAULING'S PROTOCOL.

hvc wrote:Taking super K and baby aspirin every day. Is the aspirin negating the vit k? If so, k1 and k2?

Good on Super-K. We will be interested in your future calcium scores.

To my knowledge, there is no relation or connection between aspirin and vitamin K. However, there is a connection between aspirin and disintegration of stomach tissues. Vitamin C has been shown to protect the stomach wall from aspirin. (All this is covered in Linus Pauling's book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER, under the section on Toxicity. Pauling compares vitamin C with the toxicity of aspirin.)

Is it bad to take flaxseeds, chia seeds, and eat a lot of fiber while doing PT?

The flaxeeds are a good source of Omega/3s which are important, even vital to your health. I don't know anything about chia seeds, and the only problem with fiber is that it is indigestible, so it should be taken with food. Helps down the GI tract keeping the stools soft. Early on people noticed that the effect of vitamin C and lysine was negated when taken with fiber, and we guessed it was because the fiber was leaching these nutrients, preventing them from being absorbed. When the vitamins and aminos were taken long before meals (and the fiber), the protocol started working.

(I usually wait at least half an hour after taking vc before eating the fiber or flaxseeds or chia seeds).
Is it ok to take plant sterols with PT?

I know nothing about plant sterols (or chia seed) but I don't think you'd have to worry about flaxseeds, only fibers that might leach other nutrients.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”