johnwen- Women on 25 mg Toprol (generic) questions its safety

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

johnwen- Women on 25 mg Toprol (generic) questions its safety

Post by ofonorow » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:26 am

Toprol-XL (metoprolol) is a beta-blocker that affects the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins). Toprol-XL is used to treat angina (chest pain) and hypertension (high blood pressure). It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack.

A 53 year-old woman of color stopped by our store, and she was born with mitral valve prolapse. today, she has a clean bill of health from her cardiologist, regarding her heart, however, a few years ago after a car accident her heart started "racing" and she has been put on Toprol 25 mg - to slow her heart rate. She has been told this is too small a dosage to be problematic, but she would like to get off off it.

No other drugs, other than occasional Nexium. And although she has no pain, they prescribe Nexium after some regurgitation test.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: johnwen- Women on 25 mg Toprol (generic) questions its safety

Post by nineboy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Happy New Year, Well this is a subject I'm interested in. I take Metoprolol 3 x 25 mg a day for my angina which has disappeared for now. I too would like to try to be off it. I would like to see if it is the Vitamin C that is now helping me, probably is. I have saw johnwen comments on this drug, not good but it's hard to go against cardiologist's and doctors who prescribe it. Also might give me some trouble getting off it as well. Plus angina has gone and I wouldn't want it back. Still think it causes my shoulder pain too. No it is not completely gone but is bearable. nineboy. :? :?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:11 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:31 am

Thanks johnwen! I texted the woman that you had replied, and she was right then, coincidentally, at her cardiologist for an appointment!? Her text back was that they want to increase her dosage because her heart is "racing." (I told her to keep good notes, and she plans to stop by the store tomorrow and I'll post more details.)

One other clue, I learned in the past that this woman has been diagnosed with "high cortisol" levels that she is trying to reduce. (I'm trying to tell her how lucky she is that she can still make all the cortisol she needs.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:25 am

research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:13 am

Here is the report after the visit to the 'cardiologist.'

Blood pressure 120/88 Pulse was 105. They suggested increasing Toprol to 50 mg, once in the a.m and once in the p.m., to slow down the heart rate. (She tried it but has bronchial problem) They suggested she wear a heart monitor for a month, and perhaps see a "EP" doctor (doc who specializes in heart rhythm). (4 years ago Echo normal, heart scan normal.) Also the "doc: she saw was a "nurse practioner" - did not see cardiologist.

Last year they said the could switch to "cardiozem" http://www.drugs.com/cdi/cardizem.html A Beta Blocker!?

So she is confused and looking for guidance, perhaps how to find a doctor. She is worried about going into atrial fibrillation.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:01 am

research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”