Vitamin C, Lysine, and Lipoprotein(a) in Atherosclerosis and Angina Pectoris

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#1  Post by lolex » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:52 pm

FYI.... there's a newly published article that sets out the current state of knowledge re LP(a) -

My Summary - we still don't know much for certain...

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/files/pdf/ne ... s/fw12.pdf

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Vitamin C, Lysine, and Lipoprotein(a) in Atherosclerosis and Angina Pectoris

Post Number:#2  Post by exitium » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:42 pm

The article in my mind is rather silly almost goes out of its way to clearly show they are not making an equal comparison. It goes on to state that the most recent studies showed no effect on lpa when vitamin C was used and stated that they conflict with an earlier (and smaller study) where 9 grams of VC were used.

I mean, cmon the latest studies used only a fraction of the VC that the 9gr study did so how is there a conflict when you are not even comparing things at the same dose?? IF the esistence of elevated levels of lpa ARE actually there to prevent hemorrhage then why would we see a reduction IF the arterial walls havent been repaired? And why would the arterial walls be repaired on a fraction of the dose needed to do so?

The article by and large just seems to sew the seeds of doubt due to lack of a 1:1 comparison and is an utter waste of time if you ask me.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Vitamin C, Lysine, and Lipoprotein(a) in Atherosclerosis and Angina Pectoris

Post Number:#3  Post by exitium » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:45 pm

hmm, double posted

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”