85-year old Diabetic, low platelets, 2 arteries 95% blocked

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

85-year old Diabetic, low platelets, 2 arteries 95% blocked

Post by ofonorow » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:28 am

Dear Owen,

My father is 85 years old. 2 of his arteries are 95% blocked. He has severe shortness of breath and chest pain while walking. He developed this condition after he started taking Metformin for diabetes 7 mo. ago. Before that he was walking 2-3 miles every day.

Because his platelets count is very low (50 K/mcL) doctors can not put a stent with medicine.They are afraid of bleeding.

My father started taking Cardio-C a week ago. If he takes a full scoop at once he has pain . What does it mean? Now he takes 2 scoops a day in divided doses and it is better. Should he take 3 scoops a day?

We scheduled robotic surgery on 3/9. I want to avoid it at any cost. If we won't see an improvement soon how long before the surgery he should stop taking Cardio-C?

Do you have any suggestions how to increase his platelets count?

The pain is probably from a lesion at the bottom of the throat, commonly GERD - and can be remedied by adding sodium bicarb (baking soda) to the cardio-C or better, adding sodium ascorbate vitamin C to his cardio-C.

Because his platelets count is very low (50 K/mcL) doctors can not put a stent with medicine.They are afraid of bleeding.

?I'd worry about the drugs he is taking causing this issue.. maybe docs will have thoughts.

My father started taking Cardio-C a week ago. If he takes a full scoop at once he has pain . What does it mean? Now he takes 2 scoops a day in divided doses and it is better. Should he take 3 scoops a day?

The pain is probably from the acidity - which you can change with sodium ascorbate/baking soda. If he can tolerate the dosage without diarrhea, why not give him as much as he can tolerate without gas/diarrhea?

We schedule robotic surgery on 3/9. I want to avoid it at any cost. If we won't see an improvement soon how long before the surgery he should stop taking Cardio-C?

?Why stop? Vitamin C (and lysine) promote healing. (They gave a lot of patently bad advice before surgery, for some reason, such as stop vitamin E and C.)?

Do you have any suggestions how to increase his platelets count??

Docs at forum may have idea?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: 85-year old Diabetic, low platelets, 2 arteries 95% blocked

Post by eDOC » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:44 am

The diabetic with ESRD on dialysis had a low platelet count too, before starting DMSO IVs, treated with a few shots of Gluta and an infusion of CsCl, to detoxify and alkalinize that helped his platelets go up from 20 to 75.

Good luck and best regards!

Edit: (Btw this patient can be treated conservatively and blockages removed without any need for stents.)
Last edited by eDOC on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:45 am

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:35 am

Hi Owen,
Thank you very much for prompt response.
You are a genius! My father had a GERD and he does have hiatal hernia!!!
We will start this new regiment today and I will let you know about results.
How can I get to the forum?
Best Regards,

Thanks docs!

Per johnwen - vitamin B12 may improve platelets :D I have experience with the B12 patch, and it is able to increase measured blood levels without shots. You wear one patch behind the ear one day a week for 24 hours. So one box (4 patches) lasts one month. b12patch.com (And people who are depressed because of a vitamin B12 deficiency, almost immediately come out of their depression using these patches.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”