85-year old Diabetic, low platelets, 2 arteries 95% blocked

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

85-year old Diabetic, low platelets, 2 arteries 95% blocked

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:28 am

Dear Owen,

My father is 85 years old. 2 of his arteries are 95% blocked. He has severe shortness of breath and chest pain while walking. He developed this condition after he started taking Metformin for diabetes 7 mo. ago. Before that he was walking 2-3 miles every day.

Because his platelets count is very low (50 K/mcL) doctors can not put a stent with medicine.They are afraid of bleeding.

My father started taking Cardio-C a week ago. If he takes a full scoop at once he has pain . What does it mean? Now he takes 2 scoops a day in divided doses and it is better. Should he take 3 scoops a day?

We scheduled robotic surgery on 3/9. I want to avoid it at any cost. If we won't see an improvement soon how long before the surgery he should stop taking Cardio-C?

Do you have any suggestions how to increase his platelets count?

The pain is probably from a lesion at the bottom of the throat, commonly GERD - and can be remedied by adding sodium bicarb (baking soda) to the cardio-C or better, adding sodium ascorbate vitamin C to his cardio-C.

Because his platelets count is very low (50 K/mcL) doctors can not put a stent with medicine.They are afraid of bleeding.

I'd worry about the drugs he is taking causing this issue.. maybe docs will have thoughts.

My father started taking Cardio-C a week ago. If he takes a full scoop at once he has pain . What does it mean? Now he takes 2 scoops a day in divided doses and it is better. Should he take 3 scoops a day?

The pain is probably from the acidity - which you can change with sodium ascorbate/baking soda. If he can tolerate the dosage without diarrhea, why not give him as much as he can tolerate without gas/diarrhea?

We schedule robotic surgery on 3/9. I want to avoid it at any cost. If we won't see an improvement soon how long before the surgery he should stop taking Cardio-C?

​Why stop? Vitamin C (and lysine) promote healing. (They gave a lot of patently bad advice before surgery, for some reason, such as stop vitamin E and C.)​

Do you have any suggestions how to increase his platelets count?​

Docs at forum may have idea​
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: 85-year old Diabetic, low platelets, 2 arteries 95% blocked

Post Number:#2  Post by eDOC » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:44 am

The diabetic with ESRD on dialysis had a low platelet count too, before starting DMSO IVs, treated with a few shots of Gluta and an infusion of CsCl, to detoxify and alkalinize that helped his platelets go up from 20 to 75.

Good luck and best regards!

Edit: (Btw this patient can be treated conservatively and blockages removed without any need for stents.)
Last edited by eDOC on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:45 am

The questions that pop into my head when reading this is What meds do they have him on???

IF they have him on Nitro Pill or patch?? If a pill Take it about a half hour or so before taking his V-C! Patch an hour or so prior!! No interaction between these!!

If you add baking soda like Owen said, Measure out his V-C first then add about a ¼ scoop of baking soda on top of the serving!

Lysine pick about bottle of pills (Their Big) 1000mg. And three a day with the V-C therapy or with a meal in addition to the mix!

Low platelet!!! Here’s a link to save me from wearing out my fingers typing!
B-12 as you’ll see here!! Get some!!!!! USE IT!!! Start 3 a day Usually 500mcg. (micrograms) Tiny pills!!! Work up to four in about 2 weeks! That figures out to 2Mg. (milligrams) a day! Which is target with low platelet count! Has his doc given him a B-12 Shot?? If not WHY NOT??? If he has then just do 2 A day for two weeks then up to 4!!
He’s doing the V-C already get him up to 3 servings a day!

http://www.top10homeremedies.com/how-to ... count.html
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:35 am

Hi Owen,
Thank you very much for prompt response.
You are a genius! My father had a GERD and he does have hiatal hernia!!!
We will start this new regiment today and I will let you know about results.
How can I get to the forum?
Best Regards,

Thanks docs!

Per johnwen - vitamin B12 may improve platelets :D I have experience with the B12 patch, and it is able to increase measured blood levels without shots. You wear one patch behind the ear one day a week for 24 hours. So one box (4 patches) lasts one month. b12patch.com (And people who are depressed because of a vitamin B12 deficiency, almost immediately come out of their depression using these patches.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”