Can/Should a new bypass patient be taking proline?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Can/Should a new bypass patient be taking proline?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Dear Owen:

I just finished reading your book, Practicing Medicine Without A License?, and I believe it mentions some caution about the use of L-Proline in regards to surgery patients. I take the Cardio-C and would like to give my sister the same. She just had quadruple-heart surgery do to restricted arteries at her heart. May she take the Cardio-C? In addition, I want to throw in my two cents and go on record that I have been more active during the day with increased energy levels than I had prior to taking Cardio-C. Thank You

Sincerely, G

Thank you for the feedback.

It is almost beyond belief that after all this time, we really don't yet know. Our concern over proline for new bypass patients is entirely theoretical - since no one anywhere, to my knowledge, is studying Pauling's invention.

If your sister's mammary arteries were used for the bypass (rather than leg veins) as is common these days, then there is no theoretical issue. The worry is that because proline seems to inhibit the production of Lp(a), and Lp(a) according to the Pauling/Rath unified theory, is the surrogate "healing factor" and would normally be present in vein graphs. The Lp(a) may be important to fortify a vein-based bypass graph. If Lp(a) is inhibited, that might lead to a weaker graph.

On the other hand, with 3-ply arteries, and/or over time, the risk of the graph weakening would be less.

And to date we have people taking Cardio-C after CABG operations, without a single report of a problem.

I suppose that if her bypass was with leg veins, then she might consider starting with the Tower CardioAde product - vitamin C an lysine, no proline. After a period of time, probably a year after the bypass, there would not even be a theoretical issue from then adding proline.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”