Herbal Medicine Cured my CVD when Pauling's Vitamin C Therapy Didn't

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Herbal Medicine Cured my CVD when Pauling's Vitamin C Therapy Didn't

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:38 am

70% stenosis in mid LAD and now cleared. But not by taking Vitamin C despite following Pauling method.

We asked for more info.

I took 4,000 mg of VC and 2000 mg of lysine in the morning consistently for over one year since discovering by CT Scan that I have a 70% stenosis in my mid LAD artery in Feb 2013.

I also took medication for high blood pressure, which kept it under control.

Then in early 2015 I found my blood pressure was higher than it should. Got a bit worried. Consulted a doctor friend of mine who referred me to a Chinese medical doctor (what you call herbalist). He sensed my pulse and declared that I had 80% blockage in one artery and 40% blockage in another, which of course surprised me because I did not even tell him what ailment I had. He put me on Chinese herbal medication for half a year when he declared that I was free of stenosis. I was unsure of it at first and went for a second CT Scan in December 2015 which confirmed that I was free from stenosis in all heart arteries.

The cure of the Chinese medical doctor is actually repeatable. He told me the quickest case he cured was one month. Normally it would take 3 months. But mine was a harder case which took 5 to 6 months during which he changed different type of herbs which worked on my blood vessels.

I have a friend who went to see him and told me that, again, without asking him what his case was, diagnosed correct that he had 50% stenosis in one artery by feeling the pulse alone. My friend had just done a stenting in a 100% blocked artery with another one left with 50% stenosis, according to his CT scan report. So the diagnosis was surprisingly accurate without even using instrument.

From talking to the Chinese doctor, I am perfectly convinced that stenosis is a perfectly reversible process which many western trained doctors refuse to admit. It also follows that what Dr. Pauling propounded was before his age, and vitamin C should be a key factor, although I think not the type of ascorbic acid which I took which did not appear to be of use to me.

S.

Then around February 2015 I found my blood pressure was higher than it should.

What you are saying is that you followed the Pauling therapy for one year, from 2013 year into 2014. Is that right?

It would be expected that the CVD problem would recur after the vitamin C and lysine is stopped. This was one of the primary reasons for writing my book.

As far as the Herbal medicine, if it doesn't contain vitamin C (and you were not taking vitamin C - where you?) then there is something wrong with Pauling's theory.

So what was the herbal medicine?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Herbal Medicine Cured my CVD when Pauling's Vitamin C Therapy Didn't

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:26 pm

by feeling the pulse alone.

I betting they had this person stick out their tongue also as well as squeeze on the area at the crease where the inside of arm pivots on the elbow too see if there was pain there also! Better known in acupuncture as the HT3 Point!

Yes! The pulse of a stenosis patient is usually erratic and can be seen on a ECG primarily in the QT section which usually presents as a mild ST erratic depression . However a lot of doc’s don’t pick up on these minor irregularities. The ones that do will ship you off to the cath lab for further evaluation.

I for one would be interested in what regimen they used on this person as there are many school’s of thought on these conditions. I have seen a few people who have had stenosis of less then 70% cleared using these methods but it seems there is no cut and dry method and it’s based on other symptoms they have for what they prescribe to correct it.
So it would be interesting to see what they used for this person ???
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 pm

We just activated this person as chiupolini and I am hoping he will join the conversation. Here is the latest email.

No, I did not stop taking Vitamin C and Lysine until after my CT Scan in December 2015. What I said was I consistently took them for "over" one year, not that I stopped taking them after one year. Since Dec. 2015 I reduced it to just 1000 mg of Vitamin C per day and stopped taking Lysine altogether.

The herbal medicine is mixed and put in 7 sealed paper bags for one week's consumption supplied to me by his clinic. I do not know what they are (nor do I care to find out) because they are similar to those herbs commonly used only for medication by other Chinese doctors. I have one bag boiled with 6 cups of water and simmer down to 2 cups with a clay pot in between one to one and a half hour (not too long, not too short a time). With one cup for the morning and one cup for the night. I can tell the ingredients of the herbs varied from week to week from their smell and taste. The Chinese doctor explained sometimes he needed to soften the blood vessels before further removing the plaque and this varies with different patients. He did mention to me one special ingredient he used was the bark of Chinese pine trees which contains oil serving as a relaxant of the blood vassal. But I won't advise anyone to use it in the absence of other ingredients as it may be dangerous.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Saw » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:06 pm

He did mention to me one special ingredient he used was the bark of Chinese pine trees which contains oil serving as a relaxant of the blood vassal.

This reminded me of how the indigenous people of Canada used bark to cure scurvy...
Several conifers have been considered as candidates for "Annedda", which was the source for a miraculous cure for scurvy in Jacques Cartier's critically ill crew in 1536. Vitamin C was responsible for the cure of scurvy and was obtained as an Iroquois decoction from the bark and leaves from this "tree of life", now commonly referred to as arborvitae. Based on seasonal and diurnal amino acid analyses of candidate "trees of life", high levels of arginine, proline, and guanidino compounds were also probably present in decoctions prepared in the severe winter.

The semi-essential arginine, proline and all the essential amino acids, would have provided additional nutritional benefits for the rapid recovery from scurvy by vitamin C when food supply was limited. The value of arginine, especially in the recovery of the critically ill sailors, is postulated as a source of nitric oxide, and the arginine-derived guanidino compounds as controlling factors for the activities of different nitric oxide synthases. This review provides further insights into the use of the candidate "trees of life" by indigenous peoples in eastern Canada. It raises hypotheses on the nutritional and synergistic roles of arginine, its metabolites, and other biofactors complementing the role of vitamin C especially in treating Cartier's critically ill sailors.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2647905/

I guess they were a little ahead of their time
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by pamojja » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:59 am

Saw wrote:This reminded me of how the indigenous people of Canada used bark to cure scurvy...

I guess they were a little ahead of their time

And me about Arjuna bark, used by Indian Ayurvedic medicine against CVD for thousands of years..

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by hvc » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:43 am

Was wondering if you could share the contact information for the chinese medical doctor.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”