rise in lp-PLA2

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: rise in lp-PLA2

Post Number:#16  Post by pamojja » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:48 pm

exitium wrote:cyanocobalamin is synthetic garbage where the cobalamin is bound to poison.
[/quote]

You mean the tiny cyanide part of the cobalamin compound is poison?

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#17  Post by hvc » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Just checked the ingredients. 1000mcg as methylcobalamin and cyanocobalamin.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#18  Post by exitium » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:11 pm

pamojja wrote:
exitium wrote:cyanocobalamin is synthetic garbage where the cobalamin is bound to poison.

You mean the tiny cyanide part of the cobalamin compound is poison?[/quote]

Yes, and that form is "expensive" for the body to process.

Just checked the ingredients. 1000mcg as methylcobalamin and cyanocobalamin.

mostly cyano im sure. Its like 100 times cheaper than methyl.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#19  Post by pamojja » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:44 pm

pamojja wrote:You mean the tiny cyanide part of the cobalamin compound is poison?

exitium wrote:Yes, and that form is "expensive" for the body to process.

Just checked wikipedia. 1000 mcg of cyanocobalmin contains 20mcg of cyanide:
A common synthetic form of the vitamin is cyanocobalamin, produced by chemically modifying bacterial hydroxocobalamin. Because of superior stability and low cost this form is used in many pharmaceuticals and supplements as well as for fortification of foods. In the body it is converted into the human physiological forms methylcobalamin and 5'-deoxyadenosylcobalamin. In this process a cyanide ion, (CN−), is produced, but the amount is very, very small (20 μg from 1,000 μg of cyanocobalamin) compared to what would cause a toxicity risk, and is in fact less than the amount of cyanide consumed daily from food (primarily fruit, nuts, seeds, legumes).

And:
On average, bitter apricot kernels contain about 5% amygdalin and sweet kernels about 0.9% amygdalin.[13] These values correspond to 0.3% and 0.05% of cyanide. Since a typical apricot kernel weighs 600 mg, bitter and sweet varieties contain respectively 1.8 and 0.3 mg of cyanide.

So by taking - what is usually considered an absolutely safe intake - 4 bitter apricot kernels per day (in cancer upto 40 are recommended!), one actually ingests 7200 mcg cyanide compared to the meager 20 from a 1mg cyanocobalamin pill.

Though I prefer methyl- or adensylcobalamin myself for reasons of better bioavailability, I wouldn't be concerned about such small amounts of cyanide at all.
By the way an intake of 1400mcg of a mixture of above compounds during the last 7 years (against high homocystein, along with B6, B9, TMG) gave me in average 1600 pg/ml in serum (187 - 883 range).

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#20  Post by exitium » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:49 pm

pamojja wrote:So by taking - what is usually considered an absolutely safe intake - 4 bitter apricot kernels per day (in cancer upto 40 are recommended!), one actually ingests 7200 mcg cyanide compared to the meager 20 from a 1mg cyanocobalamin pill.

be that as it may, why intentionally take any additional poison than we are inundated with from the environment already? Especially when attached to such a garbage form of B12, That we actually pay for.

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#21  Post by hvc » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Back to my earlier question though (with an addition). Should PT reduce lp-PLA2 and/or lp(a)

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#22  Post by pamojja » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:00 pm

hvc wrote:Back to my earlier question though (with an addition). Should PT reduce lp-PLA2 and/or lp(a)

Never read about anything that lowers lp-pla2. Pauling's Therapy, according to his patent, should at least lower the stickiness of lp(a), not necessarily it's numbers.

For me Lp(a) has been fluctuating between 34 and 66 mg/dl for the last 7 years on PT (3 times up and down).

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#23  Post by exitium » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:15 am

hvc wrote:Back to my earlier question though (with an addition). Should PT reduce lp-PLA2 and/or lp(a)

If its only been 2 months then I would give it a bit more time for things to settle down before getting too worried. It can take some time for the body to heal and all the various hormonal/checmical changes to level out. lp(a) should decrease with time. lp-PLA2 is a relatively new marker which I dont know that a lot of PT people have really tracked.

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#24  Post by hvc » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:25 pm

Thank you all for your responses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#25  Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:21 am

soflsun wrote:My wife's lp(a) has increased on Pauling therapy as well.

Also with decreased total cholesterol and trigs...

I'd actually like to know if anyone has reduced lp(a) on Pauling's.

Here is a recent case from a forum poster, after about 9 months, where Lp(a) dropped 40%.. second to last post http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12029
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#26  Post by hvc » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:33 am

Thank you!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”