Lost body strength, stopped statin, felt 1000 times better

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Lost body strength, stopped statin, felt 1000 times better

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:27 am

Owen,
At age 54 I had a quad bypass at the best heart hospital on Long Island. They sent me home with the usual meds including Lipitor. Three years later I had lost all of my upper body strengh. Finally my cardiologist said to stop the statin and see what happens. Within a week I felt 1000% better.
I started investigating what was going on. Watched interviews with Dr. Seniff, Dr. Mercola and others. Read books and figured out that statins are poison.
Somewhere along the way I saw the Pauling video where he lays out what he believes is the root cause of CVD.
Finally something that made complete sense and could be acted on! Pauling led me to Rath and somehow I stumbled upon the Foundation.
Now that I understood how statins really work and the affect they have on CoQ10 production, I had a major insight. Doctors at the hospital along with my cardiologist and my primary care physician don't have a clue what is going on. Supplemental CoQ10 was never brought up. This will piss me off until the day I die. Pay the cashier and we'll see you in 6 mo.
Anyway, that's my story.

Welcome.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Lost body strength, stopped statin, felt 1000 times better

Post Number:#2  Post by exitium » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 am

Doctors at the hospital along with my cardiologist and my primary care physician don't have a clue what is going on. Supplemental CoQ10 was never brought up.

Its probably less about what the doctors do and do not know than it is about what they can legally say and or how they make a living.

There is no money in a healthy population.

By addressing the cholesterol they can convey the feeling they are helping while their practice benefits from scripts and at the same time almost gaurantee they have not lost a patient because the just exchanged one issue for another.

OxC
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by OxC » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:37 pm

At age 54 I had a quad bypass at the best heart hospital on Long Island. They sent me home with the usual meds including Lipitor. Three years later I had lost all of my upper body strength. Finally my cardiologist said to stop the statin and see what happens. Within a week I felt 1000% better. I started investigating what was going on. Watched interviews with Dr. Seniff, Dr. Mercola and others. Read books and figured out that statins are poison.

One does not need to do much investigating, "watch interviews," or read books to figure out what's going on. A glance at the Lipitor package insert or a visit to the official website http://www.Lipitor.com shows "muscle pain or weakness" is the first listed side-effect, and is described as "serious." The word "rare" is perhaps used here to mean rarely reported or rarely serious rather than rarely occurring, as my limited experience with the few people I've known to take it suggests it is, well...not rare.

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION

LIPITOR® (atorvastatin calcium) tablets are not for everyone, including anyone who has previously had an allergic reaction to LIPITOR. It is not for those with liver problems. And it is not for women who are nursing, pregnant, or may become pregnant.

If you take LIPITOR® (atorvastatin calcium) tablets, tell your doctor if you feel any new muscle pain or weakness. This could be a sign of rare but serious muscle side effects. Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions...
Douglas Q. Kitt, founder of ReCverin LLC, sellers of stabilized dehydroascorbic acid solutions.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by eDOC » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:47 pm

So true, been against Statins since they were introduced.

Back in 2004 was treating a Stroke patient with a perfect lipid profile was hesitant to prescribe, but had to since received a warning from AHA, that its mandatory to prescribe to any Cardio patient even with normal lipids.

Best regards!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”