What lab tests for Heart Attack and Bypass patient

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What lab tests for Heart Attack and Bypass patient

Post Number:#1  Post by ChuckArbogast » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:14 pm

I had a heart attack in January 2015 and Bypass surgery in late October 2015 and was curious what lab tests I should try to get from my doctor to see how I am improving on the Pauling Therapy. My doctor said he really only cares about the LDL number being as "low as possible" for me, but I don't really understand that.

So, if you could let me know what tests to ask for, I hope he will request them.

Thanks,
Chuck

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: What lab tests for Heart Attack and Bypass patient

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:53 pm

ChuckArbogast wrote:My doctor said he really only cares about the LDL number being as "low as possible" for me, but I don't really understand that.

LDL can be of different kind, large and fluffy or small and dense. The small dense are the very dangerous ones, however the LDL number says nothing about that. There are speciality tests for subfractions of LDL, usually MNR (see this article), but LDL density can also be inferred by your Triglicerides (above 150 almost all your LDL is of the dangerous kind, below 50 mg/dl mostly harmless; Triglicerides can be relatively easily brought down by eliminating sugar and grains, high dose fish oil, etc.).

Blood pressure and blood glucose (fasting and 1 hr postprandial) you better get kits and test at home yourself.

ApoproteinB100 is an other valuable substitute for LDL particle number (the smaller/denser, the more).

High Lp(a) tells a lot about your risk in presence of high LDL. Take high dose vitamin C, lysine and niacin against.

Homocystein, Fibrinogen, ESR, CRP, HbA1c, fasting Insulin, C-Peptide, Apo A, Liver enzymes, kidney function test, complete hematology, electrolytes, fT3, thyroid antibodies, cortisol, DHEAs, free testosteron, estradiol, 25(OH)D3, Ferritin, serum Vitamin B9 and 12 are the additional minimal tests I would recommend everyone. Just to get clues from where it's mostly coming from..

The best test to get you motivated to fight this beast is a Coronary Calcium Score.

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: What lab tests for Heart Attack and Bypass patient

Post Number:#3  Post by ChuckArbogast » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:05 pm

pamojja wrote:
ChuckArbogast wrote:My doctor said he really only cares about the LDL number being as "low as possible" for me, but I don't really understand that.

LDL can be of different kind, large and fluffy or small and dense. The small dense are the very dangerous ones, however the LDL number says nothing about that. There are speciality tests for subfractions of LDL, usually MNR (see this article), but LDL density can also be inferred by your Triglicerides (above 150 almost all your LDL is of the dangerous kind, below 50 mg/dl mostly harmless; Triglicerides can be relatively easily brought down by eliminating sugar and grains, high dose fish oil, etc.).

Blood pressure and blood glucose (fasting and 1 hr postprandial) you better get kits and test at home yourself.

ApoproteinB100 is an other valuable substitute for LDL particle number (the smaller/denser, the more).

High Lp(a) tells a lot about your risk in presence of high LDL. Take high dose vitamin C, lysine and niacin against.

Homocystein, Fibrinogen, ESR, CRP, HbA1c, fasting Insulin, C-Peptide, Apo A, Liver enzymes, kidney function test, complete hematology, electrolytes, fT3, thyroid antibodies, cortisol, DHEAs, free testosteron, estradiol, 25(OH)D3, Ferritin, serum Vitamin B9 and 12 are the additional minimal tests I would recommend everyone. Just to get clues from where it's mostly coming from..

The best test to get you motivated to fight this beast is a Coronary Calcium Score.

pamojja,
Thanks for the information. My cardiologist just orders the basic lipid panel and just looks at the LDL only to make a judgement. For my own benefit, I want to have better testing done.
I think you have given me a good list to go research and then ask my doctor about.
Thanks,
Chuck

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”