Vitamin C For High Cholesterol

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Vitamin C For High Cholesterol

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:46 am

I may move this to heart forum.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Mary wrote:

Hi Owen, First I hope it is appropriate to e-mail you. TAs I have been reading up on the vitamin C Foundation web site and also your book, along with trying the products, I have a few questions.

So I started looking into vitamin C because I have high cholesterol, 314 total, 221 LDL, 80 HDL, can’t take statins, don’t want to take statins, my doctor is talking about the new “shot” for cholesterol. It seems that during my life no matter what I did in exercise or diet I have remained mostly in this range.

My doctor followed up with a LDL-P last fall. HDL-P 31.2 Small LDL-P 260 LDL size 21.9. What appears to be of most concern is the LDL-P particle number which was 2203.

When was the last cholesterol test? Have you had a total cholesterol reading after you have been on high vitamin C for a while?

Yes your total cholesterol is high, and I have a few ideas why (below)​. Most people will "normalize" to 180 mg/dl (total cholesterol) after they reach more optimal vitamin C intake.

If I am reading the vitamin C protocol information correctly it appears that I want to consume up to 18g vitamin c daily but at least 10g. I can do that taking 3 scoops of the Cardio-C and adding at least 3 teaspoons of liposomal C daily. Is that correct? They say that taking liposomal is like taking “more” per gram that L-ascorbic but how do I measure that?

​You are an excellent reader. However, given your elevated cholesterol and problems outlined below, it is quite likely you require a lot more vitamin C. We know that for infection, true-liposomal is magical, and I do not understand the amazing effect. While we do have a few reports of benefits of lipo for cardio, I am not sure the "amplification factor" carries over from the ordinary powder to liposomal.​ A gram may be a gram, with some benefit for better absorption.

Currently in the morning I take a scoop of Cardio-C and 1 to 2 teaspoons of Liposomal C, then the same 2 other times the same day. Is it best to take it all in the same serving or can I make up a water bottle, put in my daily servings and drink it every hour or so?

​I think what you are doing is fine. My question is, how long have you been doing this for? (And are you diabetic?)​

I also have lots of auto-immune diseases but they all appear to be inflammation related. I do know that my current few weeks of vitamin c treatment seems to have settled down my lung sarcoidosis.

​This info leads to another favorite subject of mine - low cortisol! Cortisol is the Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory hormone made by the adrenals - out of cholesterol. If you are not making any cortisol, you would die in 24 hours, so we know you are making some. But if you are unable to make what the body needs - the result is inflammation - somewhere.

There are all-day tests to determine if you cortisol output is adequate - saliva (ZRT labs) and the new dutchtest.com. Maybe you can get a doctor to order them? If this is your problem, low cortisol through much of the day, you need cortisol hormone replacement therapy.

Know that the adrenals have among the highest concentrations of vitamin C, so sometimes, adding extra vitamin C can help the body produce more cortisol. (That didn't happen in my case.)​

​The main book on this - for you and your doctor - is SAFE USES OF CORTISOL (3rd edition) by William Mck Jefferies MD​

So currently I am leaning towards just buying 6 bottles of liposomal C and I am also interested in trying the Ultra Fine Vitamin C.

My theory is that I can use the Ultra Fine Vitamin C for bowel tolerance along with Cardio C and then Liposomal C on top of that to reach the 10 to 18 grams of Vitamin C intake daily. Should a person also be adding more L-lysine or L-proline? So is it always a ratio to the Vitamin C intake?

​Sounds like a good plan, and if you are taking 3 servings Cardio-C per day - you should have plenty of lysine and proline. Vitamin C is usually the factor that varies over a wide range.​ So no, the ratio in larger dosages is not important.

I wanted to be sure that I am headed in the right direction given my personal health concerns. Thank you for any information you can give me,
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin C For High Cholesterol

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:44 am

My last cholesterol test was 11/24/2015. I have only started taking high vitamin c, maybe since March 1, 2016 but I started with tower vitamin c heart tech at 1 scoop per day and have slowly increased it after receiving Vitamin C Foundation products and reading more about it. I have only reached 10g level this past week. I have an appointment with a Cardiologist in the middle of April where I expect he’ll have cholesterol testing done. I wouldn’t expect results from Vitamin C to be so soon according to what I have read, but I would be thrilled if there were some results in the right direction.

I have only starting taking a much [higher?] dose the beginning of March, past few days have reached the listed protocol. I am not diabetic, however I do eat paleo and gluten/grain free and mostly very low sugar. My estimated glucose average was 117. If I were to indulge in carbs I would gain weight very quickly.

The cholesterol test should be interesting... what matters is how quickly the "fire" of inflammation in you is quieted down. When the fire is out, the body will naturally produce less cholesterol (usually!)

There is a home uric acid testing kit available at Amazon - that can also test cholesterol at home. Its a little pricey for the strips, and we know from a previous forum member, that cholesterol varies over a wide range - depending on what you ate the previous day! But it might allow you to monitor your progress - fasting in the a.m. - every week or so.
http://www.amazon.com/Easylife-Choleste ... id+testing
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”