Statins stimulate atherosclerosis and heart failure: pharmacological mechanisms.

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Statins stimulate atherosclerosis and heart failure: pharmacological mechanisms.

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:21 am

Statins inhibit the biosynthesis of selenium containing proteins, one of which is glutathione peroxidase serving to suppress peroxidative stress.

Abstract

Send to:
Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2015 Mar;8(2):189-99. doi: 10.1586/17512433.2015.1011125. Epub 2015 Feb 6.
Okuyama H1, Langsjoen PH, Hamazaki T, Ogushi Y, Hama R, Kobayashi T, Uchino H.
Author information
Erratum in

Erratum. Correction to: Statins stimulate atherosclerosis and heart failure: pharmacological mechanisms. [Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2015]

Abstract

In contrast to the current belief that cholesterol reduction with statins decreases atherosclerosis, we present a perspective that statins may be causative in coronary artery calcification and can function as mitochondrial toxins that impair muscle function in the heart and blood vessels through the depletion of coenzyme Q10 and 'heme A', and thereby ATP generation. Statins inhibit the synthesis of vitamin K2, the cofactor for matrix Gla-protein activation, which in turn protects arteries from calcification. Statins inhibit the biosynthesis of selenium containing proteins, one of which is glutathione peroxidase serving to suppress peroxidative stress. An impairment of selenoprotein biosynthesis may be a factor in congestive heart failure, reminiscent of the dilated cardiomyopathies seen with selenium deficiency. Thus, the epidemic of heart failure and atherosclerosis that plagues the modern world may paradoxically be aggravated by the pervasive use of statin drugs. We propose that current statin treatment guidelines be critically reevaluated.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Statins stimulate atherosclerosis and heart failure: pharmacological mechanisms.

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:53 am

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

blade

Re: Statins stimulate atherosclerosis and heart failure: pharmacological mechanisms.

Post Number:#3  Post by blade » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:54 am

the more I read about statins, the worse they are..are these useful for anyone?

gizmo1955
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by gizmo1955 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:05 pm

I recently stopped taking atorvastatin after about15 years of use. Can't say that I feel any different but I hope that it helps in the long run. I know when I discussed it with my GP he was not very happy about it (he doesn't need to be!) The next time I go see him I may take this report and show him to get his thoughts.

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by lolex » Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12375

This presentation is extremely interesting and informative http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1vBA9bLNk (It's also quite humorous!!)

It's worth your time if you take Statins.... you'll stop them immediately after seeing this. I promise.

By the Author of "How statistical deception created the appearance that statins are safe and effective in primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease" already referenced by Owen in this Forum and published in the Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:43 am

bump
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by Johnwen » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:04 am

Here's what I posted on the open forum.

Since you didn’t give me a time line on when this mock hearing is scheduled for, I decided to start with the basics of defense on this matter.
Here is a link to the guidelines from W.H.O on prescribing medicines by a doc.
There is 8 steps and if she can answer, “yes” to all she should use these guides to justify her position on what is best for the patient as while as the most economical and convenient treatment plan.

Once she can present her treatment plans that follow these guidelines it puts the drug co. in a position of presenting their guidelines to explain why they want to do things that are not acceptable practice or conform to a standard specific guideline.

She needs to prepare herself with these guidelines so she can point out and question them as to why they are trying deviate from a standard practice.

I think you can see what I’m suggesting here is to switch positions from defendant to accuser which then puts the Ins. co on the defense and forces them to justify their position.

If this moves from these hearing phases and moves into civil court my suggestion at this point would be to hire a MD-JD (Doctor/Lawyer) to represent her in court.

Here’s the PDF on these guidelines!!

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2007/0115/p231.pdf

I found the whole guidelines on line pdf 147 pages if she wants the whole story??

http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/1066 ... _94.11.pdf
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”