65 years with CVD and vit c therapy risks...

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Ski00

65 years with CVD and vit c therapy risks...

Post Number:#1  Post by Ski00 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:56 am

Hello,

I have a relative interested in starting the Vitamin C therapy.

Small background: They have stents in all the arteries and those are also blocked...including the vein pulled from the leg. One more vein is being used from the right chest area which has been fine for over 10 years. However he is on many medications for HBP, statins, blood thinners ect..

We have some concerns after looking at some online sites warning against mega dosses of vit C, and that it may interfere with blood thinners and negative impacts on blood pressure (from mayoclinic site)

Our question is, how safe is it to start this therapy given some of the negative things we read online, and if we wanted to start this therapy any advise specially for this age group and health, and if you can point us on where to start.

Thanks for your time.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: 65 years with CVD and vit c therapy risks...

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:19 am

Good questions, but no easy answers, except to say that the web sites that are warning against high dose vitamin C are perpetuating the problem that Linus Pauling and his associates solved around 1989. If you have specific concerns, or want to provide the links that frightened you, we can offer our criticism.

According to Pauling and Rath's unified theory, ( http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1992/pdf/1992-v07n01-p005.pdf ) the entire problem of CVD is at its root a vitamin C deficiency, a deficiency that is impossible in most other animals because they make their own ascorbate (another name for high dose vitamin C)

You mentioned all the drugs you are taking and most of the people in the beginning, were on the same myriad of drugs, and were able to take high doses of vitamin C, lysine and other nutrients without problems. We describe many cases in the book http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/ written after many years saying the same things on the phone, over and over.

Here was a pretty typical case, Gary Rehs, who was on various medications until he found the Pauling Therapy.

http://www.internetwks.com/pauling/rehs.html

The surgery (double bypass) was a success. I was released from the hospital within seven days of surgery. I wasn't allowed to lift anything heavier than a half gallon of milk. The doctors put me on all kinds of medication, beta-blockers, blood pressure pills, diuretics, cholesterol and triglyceriet lowering drugs. I was off work for four months. When the Doctor said I could exercise, I immediately purchased a treadmill and started an exercise program three times a week; I was put on a low fat diet.

I waited a few months to make sure the Towers Heart Formula was working for me. I then decided to spread the good news. It's working.

As of this present time, September 1, 2001, I am free of chest pains. My cholesterol is 245. My triglyceriets 176. My LP(a) 10. My sugar ranges between 99 - 130. I take no medicine for Diabetes. I take no Heart medicine, no zorcor, tricor, toprol, micardis, microzide, amaryl and actos. My blood pressure is down from 170/95 to 142/82 . I'm still mending and improving every day with GOD'S and Towers help, I'm going to make it! I'm proud to be part of the Towers family and to Linus Pauling (if you're looking down) a big thank you.

Gary was able to get off everything and feel well despite his prior afflictions.

In my opinion, not taking high vitamin C with lysine is dangerous to heart patients with severe disease, but taking, even very high dosages of vitamin C and lysine is safe, no matter how many medications you happen to be taking. (Ideally, you would be able to work with your doctor to wean yourself off many of these medications, but unfortunately), the world doesn't work that way.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:23 pm

First of all V-C and lysine have absolutely NO EFFECT on blood thinners or anti platelet medicines!!!
Next the clogging of the veins used in bypass is NOT Plaque! It’s a hyperplasia condition! This is known as Neo-intimal Hyperplasia which is an over growth of endothiel cells caused by the body trying to make the vein produce Nitric oxide by adding more endothiel cells to it. Which just doesn’t work but it doesn’t stop the body from trying, unfortunelity the growth of new cells clog up the junction of the two vessels.
A good invasive cardiologist can place a stent at the junction thru the bypass vein and open it up but then you have to increase the patients Nitric oxide levels to keep it from closing down again. In the supplement field L-Arginine or L- Citrulline will help! Medicinally extended release Nitric drugs such as Isosorbide MN in the range of 75-125mg spread over the day will also help slow or stop this process.
You also said:

One more vein is being used from the right chest area which has been fine for over 10 years.

This Not A Vein!
What they remove from the chest is called the, “Mammary Artery.”
As you can see this is a Artery and NOT a Vein which is taken from the leg.
Which means this vessel will not have a hyperplasia problem because it is designed to supply blood and Not Return it! “Two Different animals altogether!”

In Humans both V-C and Lysine are Essential elements which means they must be taken in externally through FOOD or SUPPLEMENTATION!
A lack of either will cause their own set of problems within the body. Most of these problems are tissue deterioration which is what happens inside the arteries of the heart and the bodies answer to this problem is to cover up the dead tissue with various forms of lipoproteins and calcium. The only way to breakdown these buildups is to rejuvenate and rebuild the underlying damage with the amounts of the base elements needed to accomplish this. Before this can happen a person must have sufficient amounts of the essential nutrients to satisfy the rest of the bodies needs. Which after being deprived for a period of time will be much higher then would be normally expected.
However if a artery has completely occlude this will not work because circulation is what brings these elements to the site and once they have calcified they are no longer rebuild able and becomes what resembles
A rock!
I think you can see that prevention is the key to success in keeping all this from happening but we have seen and heard of people turning this all around with high doses of both V-C and Lysine.

However another key element here is by doing this people are depriving the drug companies of money since their worthless expensive drugs are only designed to bring in money and keep the patients, their patients by only treating the symptoms and NOT fixing the problem!

So Yes! You will read a lot of negativity about this therapy but when you read these go back and find out who these people are and who’s paying them. Then you’ll get the picture that it’s some drug company protecting their profits by distorting the truth!

If you hear about kidney stones be aware that you have a much better chance of getting them by drinking Orange Juice then from taking high dose V-C supplements which has been shown over an over will prevent and remove them. This once again is big money talking because the OJ industries pays a lot of money to keep this from the public!!

So when you read these negativities read them with the proverbial “Grain of Salt!!”
As far as dosing I’ll leave that to Owen!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Ski00

Post Number:#4  Post by Ski00 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:55 am

Thanks for the information. He has 1 artery that is fine last checked few years ago...this is the one pulled from the other chest.

However the rest of the arteries and 1 Vien from the leg is 100% blocked for over 20 years. How effective will the vitamin c therapy be for these arteries..any success stories and special vitamin c therapy need for these?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:15 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”