how much vitamin C

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

how much vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by hvc » Tue May 31, 2016 8:33 am

Good morning. I am currently up to 30 grams of vitamin c a day. I have no bowel tolerance issues. Keep increasing?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: how much vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Tue May 31, 2016 9:08 am

Good opportunity to check out your individual bowel tolerance at this time. And therefore maintenance dose. Beside once flushing would only be healthy.

So yes, keep increasing.

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: how much vitamin C

Post Number:#3  Post by nineboy » Tue May 31, 2016 11:15 pm

Well here I am again. Still taking my Vitamin C powder with Lo-cal Cran. grape juice only up to 10 grams plus 6 grams of lysine and my 2 grams of proline. My body seems quite satisfied with that plus many more vitamins I take. Still on Metoprolol 25 mg x 3 during the day, no obvious problems. Also Pacemaker still ticking away, never know it's there. Feeling fairly normal and my angina is on the whole mainly stable. Sometimes when walking but I danced vigorously for roughly 3 hours on Sunday and had no trouble. Well maybe pretty stiff for a couple of days which is expected. I am walking up to 5 or ten km. on occasion. Plus working in the garden, cutting grass and doing pretty hard work. So I'm managing. At New Year I had thought I'd torn my calf muscle but it turned out to be a problem with my Achilles Tendon. So it took me awhile to fight my way back to fitness again. So I don't seem to need any more than 10 grams but most days its less depending on my activities. Of course your question is do you need more than 30 grams of Vitamin C. Well I would try to reach Bowel Tolerance and take it from there. For myself I feel pretty good at the level my body is at. I do hit Bowel Tolerance way before 10 grams and at times am running to get to the toilet. I still believe in Pauling's therapy for me it works. As they say Just do it. Some people ask me how I'll know if it works. I always say when I reach 100 I'll let you know. Take Care. nineboy.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”