Atherosclerosis and Diabetese

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

DavidKXF

Atherosclerosis and Diabetese

Post Number:#1  Post by DavidKXF » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:47 am

Hi all this is my first new topic post, although I do check in here regularly.

I came across and interesting comment by Dr Joseph Kraft the other day, that all persons with atherosclerosis are either diabetic or per-diabetic.

"Dr. Kraft has stated that the pathology of atherosclerosis IS the pathology of Diabetes, and vice-versa. He maintains that generally the people with substantial atherosclerotic issues who are not diagnosed with diabetes, are simply not properly diagnosed yet. 'Cholesterol' is simply a passenger in the vascular vehicle".

Can anybody comment on this?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Atherosclerosis and Diabetese

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:50 am

Also if you read on further you will also discover that both conditions are usually present with a condition known as Subclinical Hypothyroidism.

This has been a sticky point with many medical experts mostly due to the wide range of TSH lab ranges.
Most lab ranges are around 0.46 to 4.7 mIU/L Which even the Endocrinologist society has recommended in 2015 to be changed to 0.3 to 3.0 mIU/L.
However not much has been done on these rec’s.

Most Knowledgeable Doc’s when they have a patient with the conditions you described will use a TSH range of .4 - 1.2 mIU/L and a negative TPO test and a set range on t4 to t3 conversion as a base for establishing treatment.
Subclinical Hypothyroidism is diagnosed when the patient is outside of the parameters I just mentioned.

What does this have to do with heart disease? Well when the thyroid is malfunctioning insulin becomes ineffective which in it’s self sets off a cascade of events, Like higher glucose levels, increased cholesterol and starving cells which then start to die off and as you can imagine the heart being the work horse of the body takes the biggest hit from this imbalance.
V-C with it’s resemblance to glucose but is transported to the cells by some different carriers manages to get into these starving cells and give them the strength they need to survive thru the drought of other elements.

I just gave you the tip of the iceberg per se, there is much more that can be learned on this subject if one is interested by searching terms such as “Heart disease and sub clinical hypothyroidism,” which should get one started on the road to knowledge and understanding how this all comes together.

Hope this helps!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Atherosclerosis and Diabetese

Post Number:#3  Post by tjohnson_nb » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:55 am

I wonder if Dr. Kraft has read about the Pauling-Rath theory? See http://www.hearttechnology.com/1992-v07n01-p005.pdf
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”