How are PT and Vitamin K related?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

How are PT and Vitamin K related?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:51 am

Hi,

We just purchased 6 tubs of the Cardio C. This was meant to combat Aortic Stenosis along with bringing down the LDL readings in the person taking it. I looked through your site and saw a link to Life Extensions Super K2 with MK4 & MK7. He is already taking this version of K2. There already has been a slight increase in the AVA in 2 months from 0.5 to 0.7. The nurse explaining the echo did not know about our holistic program and said this must have been an error.

Is the Cardio C a good addition to the K2 for someone who has established heart disease? I noticed in some parts of your forum a link to another
K2 product that is high dose and has more of the MK4 version of K2 but has soy in it. Your help is appreciated. The information is overwhelming and we hope the right product was picked.

Thanks,
S

I am posting this because I am not familiar with the term "AVA." (I assume it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aortic_va ... alculation).

So if the issue is calcification of soft tissues, you are on the right track with vitamin K (how long has the person been taking Super-k?). The other side of the problem is that common medications increase calcification by blocking the action of vitamin K (e.g. warfarin. At one time you could find over 250 studies describing this calcification in pubmed - e.g. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27212383)

We are not experts in vitamin K. Anecdotally, the Life Extension Super-K product is effective, but my wife and I also use Pauling's vitamin C, Lysine and proline daily.

Cardio-C is the basic therapy recommend by Pauling, with the addition of proline (because the science on proline from the Univ. of Chicago occurred after Pauling died.)

There are many other substances that are helpful for people with cardio vascular disease, esp. magnesium, coQ10 and carnitine (and taurine) to name a few. This is the reason Tower Laboratories came out with their Ascorsine-9 (or A-9) product.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”