PT/High Vitamin C Reverses Aortic Aneurysm and helps patient avoid surgery

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PT/High Vitamin C Reverses Aortic Aneurysm and helps patient avoid surgery

Post Number:#16  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:24 am

Jack wrote:My calcium score is 229.4 (LAD43.3 LCX83.6, RCA102.5). It's not at serious level, guess I still need something extra to clear them.

Do you recommend M-4 then which has a shorter half-life?

I would advise you to still use M-7 for the sake of conserving money already spent, just be aware of the possibility of feeling uncomfortable in the legs or whereever, but it's not something everyone feels. I don't think at all that there's a danger, certainly not when you're taking anticoagulatory and antiplatelet and this and that, supplements.

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#17  Post by ChuckArbogast » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:17 pm

RatherBeUnknown wrote:
ChuckArbogast wrote:RatherBeUnknown,
I don't want to hijack this thread, but you suggest taking vitamin B3 (nicotinic acid). Is there recommended dosage and is there brand you recommend?

Thanks,
Chuck

I use Swanson's because they're cheapest, and there's no reason to buy expensive nicotinic acid since its bioavailability is very great. Dosages range from 500mg to 3g-4g (3g-4g is therapeutic dosage but smaller dosages also have therapeutic effects to some degree) a day, but rather than over the course of the day it should be morning or evening, or morning and evening, because the liver needs time to rest from its effects (it reduces liver's release of triglycerides..).
Don't buy into the slow or extended release, or any of the exotic varieties, just get plain unadulterated flush-inducing nicotinic acid.

Thanks for the reply.

A B complex I take has 100mg of Niacin (as Niacinamide). What is the difference between that and nicotinic acid? I see I need more in any event, just trying to understand the difference.

Thanks,
Chuck

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:42 pm

ChuckArbogast wrote:
RatherBeUnknown wrote:
ChuckArbogast wrote:RatherBeUnknown,
I don't want to hijack this thread, but you suggest taking vitamin B3 (nicotinic acid). Is there recommended dosage and is there brand you recommend?

Thanks,
Chuck

I use Swanson's because they're cheapest, and there's no reason to buy expensive nicotinic acid since its bioavailability is very great. Dosages range from 500mg to 3g-4g (3g-4g is therapeutic dosage but smaller dosages also have therapeutic effects to some degree) a day, but rather than over the course of the day it should be morning or evening, or morning and evening, because the liver needs time to rest from its effects (it reduces liver's release of triglycerides..).
Don't buy into the slow or extended release, or any of the exotic varieties, just get plain unadulterated flush-inducing nicotinic acid.

Thanks for the reply.

A B complex I take has 100mg of Niacin (as Niacinamide). What is the difference between that and nicotinic acid? I see I need more in any event, just trying to understand the difference.

Thanks,
Chuck

Nicotinic acid's effects are mediated via the activation of a least one receptor. Activation of this receptor both produces the flush effect as well as the triglyceride and cholesterol, etc., lowering effects. Niacinamide does not target this receptor and is thus virtually useless for you.

Jack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#19  Post by Jack » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:00 pm

RatherBeUnknown wrote:
Jack wrote:My calcium score is 229.4 (LAD43.3 LCX83.6, RCA102.5). It's not at serious level, guess I still need something extra to clear them.

Do you recommend M-4 then which has a shorter half-life?

I would advise you to still use M-7 for the sake of conserving money already spent, just be aware of the possibility of feeling uncomfortable in the legs or whereever, but it's not something everyone feels. I don't think at all that there's a danger, certainly not when you're taking anticoagulatory and antiplatelet and this and that, supplements.

Thanks.
Do I have to take vitamin D at the same time with K2? What is your recommendation on dosage for therapeutic purpose?

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#20  Post by ChuckArbogast » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:56 am

RatherBeUnknown wrote:
ChuckArbogast wrote:
RatherBeUnknown wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks,
Chuck

Nicotinic acid's effects are mediated via the activation of a least one receptor. Activation of this receptor both produces the flush effect as well as the triglyceride and cholesterol, etc., lowering effects. Niacinamide does not target this receptor and is thus virtually useless for you.

Again, thanks for the help. In this thread, you mention that nicotinic acid is as good as or better than aspirin, among other benefits. In your opinion, what are all the other benefits. I take a lot of supplements now to avoid prescription drugs, only taking an ACE inhibitor at the moment, so I don't want to add more if I don't have/need to.

Thanks,
Chuck

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#21  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:44 am

ChuckArbogast wrote:
Again, thanks for the help. In this thread, you mention that nicotinic acid is as good as or better than aspirin, among other benefits. In your opinion, what are all the other benefits. I take a lot of supplements now to avoid prescription drugs, only taking an ACE inhibitor at the moment, so I don't want to add more if I don't have/need to.

Thanks,
Chuck

Some of the benefits of nicotinic acid are... antiinflammatory in multiple tissues/organs including arteries, capable of clearing some bacterial infections (reduced the blood bacteria level to 0) by stimulating immune system cells, reduces lipoprotein(a) (that's one of the main focuses of the Linus Pauling therapy), reduces cholesterol, triglycerides, etc., increases brain derived neurotrophic factor... doesn't possess some of the bad sides of aspirin, better safety profile... etc.

Jack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#22  Post by Jack » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi Unknown,

Is it right, this is not recommended to take nicotinic acid while taking aspirin?

What is your comment on brand manufacturing K2 M7 - http://menaq7.com/? Do you have other recommended brand in mind? And dosage (for therapeutic purpose)? And is it necessary to take V-D at along with K2? Since I am already taking quite many supplements.... Many thanks!

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#23  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:11 am

Jack wrote:Hi Unknown,

Is it right, this is not recommended to take nicotinic acid while taking aspirin?

Yes, it is absolutely useless to take aspirin for heart disease if you're taking niacin. Niacin > aspirin.

Jack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#24  Post by Jack » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:15 am

RatherBeUnknown wrote:

Yes, it is absolutely useless to take aspirin for heart disease if you're taking niacin. Niacin > aspirin.

I got blockages from 30-50%, what dosage you think I should be taking Niacin?

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#25  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:56 pm

Jack wrote:I got blockages from 30-50%, what dosage you think I should be taking Niacin?

As was stated earlier in this thread, but I'll add a change to it, take one gram daily either during the morning or evening.
For prevention of stroke it's best to take it twice, 500mg is the lowest therapeutic dosage in this regard, thus 500mg morning and evening.

Frank51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#26  Post by Frank51 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:21 am

RatherBeUnknown wrote:

Ratherbeunknown do you have a link where I can read about aspirin being useless when you're taking Niacin?

I had a VAP blood test and my LP(a) number was at 23 and the desired level is 10. I was taking 2 grams of nicotinic acid at the time and my doctor who is a general practitioner said I could double that amount. I did that for awhile but I'm now taking 5 grams per day. I haven't had another VAP test since I increased the dosage but will do that sometime in the near future. I saw my cardiologist a couple of months ago and he wanted me to stay on the low dose aspirin even though I was taking Niacin. I've read that aspirin can help people avoid the flush they get from niacin but I don't mind that. I actually like it be cause I know it's working. I'm wondering about your statement that aspirin is useless when taking niacin and I'd like to learn more about that.

My cardiologist told me the reason for staying on the aspirin was to keep the places where my bypasses are from plugging up again.

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#27  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:53 am

Frank51 wrote:
RatherBeUnknown wrote:

Ratherbeunknown do you have a link where I can read about aspirin being useless when you're taking Niacin?

I had a VAP blood test and my LP(a) number was at 23 and the desired level is 10. I was taking 2 grams of nicotinic acid at the time and my doctor who is a general practitioner said I could double that amount. I did that for awhile but I'm now taking 5 grams per day. I haven't had another VAP test since I increased the dosage but will do that sometime in the near future. I saw my cardiologist a couple of months ago and he wanted me to stay on the low dose aspirin even though I was taking Niacin. I've read that aspirin can help people avoid the flush they get from niacin but I don't mind that. I actually like it be cause I know it's working. I'm wondering about your statement that aspirin is useless when taking niacin and I'd like to learn more about that.

My cardiologist told me the reason for staying on the aspirin was to keep the places where my bypasses are from plugging up again.

Aspirin though mild has negative effects that niacin does not have. And all that aspirin does for cardio health niacin does at least twice as good. Thus, it is truly useless for you.
I have no links, studies or whatever. But read on how aspirin works, you'll see for yourself.

I have read that aspirin blocks the flush effect of niacin. I am not sure if this is bad (mediated via receptor blockage) or it's just neutral.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#28  Post by tjohnson_nb » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:04 am

This is an interesting article about why the flush from niacin should not be avoided. In another group we have discussed a possible relation between the MTHFR mutation and bad side effects of niacin though.
http://www.life-enhancement.com/magazine/article/3396-why-the-niacin-flush-may-be-surprisingly-beneficial-to-your-health
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

Jack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#29  Post by Jack » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:40 pm

tjohnson_nb wrote:This is an interesting article about why the flush from niacin should not be avoided. In another group we have discussed a possible relation between the MTHFR mutation and bad side effects of niacin though.
http://www.life-enhancement.com/magazine/article/3396-why-the-niacin-flush-may-be-surprisingly-beneficial-to-your-health

Hi tjohnson, could you share some of useful resources how niacin works in lower LDL/Triglyceride level? I am reluctant to take statin, yet, need to control my cholesterol level.

Jack

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#30  Post by tjohnson_nb » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:54 am

'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”