Would André the Giant have benefited from PT?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Would André the Giant have benefited from PT?

Post Number:#1  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:18 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A ... iant#Death

Would someone with gigantism benefit from Pauling Therapy?
Why do I ask? Because this is one model of heart disease where one can wonder whether Pauling therapy would really work, since this disease is mediated via an excessive release of growth hormone (or whatever is relevant to the specific case) which leads to heart overgrowth but paradoxically inefficiency in pumping blood, and not via plaque in the arteries.

I am one of those who've grown too much with a height over 2 meters and although my weight is just slightly over 120kg and I'm not overweight, I do have issues with running distances due to heart arrhythmia and something alike. Exercising will either cause it to beat excessively hard to even fairly long after cessation of exercising, or the heart will do the opposite and beat too slowly when it is inappropriate and when the demand for oxygen is high, which are both distressing experiences. Of course I am no André the Giant in terms of height or weight but that doesn't take away from the fact that I do have issues in this regard.

For those wondering, I didn't find this forum for my own sake but for an old relative with high blood pressure, which it seems to have fixed the issue for, but I'm going to order l-lysine and l-proline and add it to my vitamin C regimen and see if I can get my blood pressure lower than what it is (it's in the resting 130/70 area, pulse is 60-70).

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”