Liposomal C before or with meals?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

samarkand
Contributor
Contributor

Liposomal C before or with meals?

Post Number:#1  Post by samarkand » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:25 am

Which has the best benefit? Various manufacturers dont seem to agree on when to take. e.g.

DaVinci Laboratories of Vermont, Liposomal C, 10.15 oz (300 ml)
...... take 1 teaspoon (5 ml) once or twice daily with food. Product can be mixed in 4-8 oz of water or juice for milder taste.
I am taking this 3 times per day. With meals OK, but before meals seem to give me some acidity.

Dr. Mercola, Premium Supplements, Liposomal Vitamin C, 1,000 mg.
......take two Licaps capsules daily with food and water

LypriCel, Liposomal Vitamin C, 30 Packets, 0.2 fl oz (5.7 ml) Each.
.............consume on an empty stomach. Wait at least 15 minutes before eating.

Nutricology, Micro Liposomal C, 4 fl oz (120 ml)
...........1 teaspoon twenty minutes before meals, one to three times daily

Liposomal Vitamin C | Nutrient Tree | Non-Soy
...........mixes easily with water or your favorite cold beverage. Simply pour it in, give it a stir and drink. No mention of when to take.

Any thoughts from learned forum contributors?

This is the only reference I have found so far.
http://www.naturalhealth365.com/liposomal-c.html/

Those with iron overload should understand that vitamin C increases the absorption of iron into the body, especially in the heart where it can cause problems. Ferritin levels should ideally be no more than 150 (in women) and 250 – 300 (for men). If you are above those levels, donating blood would be a great idea. Also, wait 2-3 hours after taking the liposomal vitamin C before eating red meat or anything else that is high in iron – if iron levels are high.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”