Significant progress against coronary artery disease!

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Significant progress against coronary artery disease!

Post Number:#1  Post by gmdodaro » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:35 am

My most recent EBT coronary calcium score came back with only 28 points increase in more than a year.  The number is still very high at 693, but for the past 5 years it has been increasing by more than 100 points per year.

The EBT scan was 665 in July 2015. During that same month I had a root canal tooth removed after reading Dr. Thomas Levy on the infection and inflammation that can be caused by root canal teeth. Along with the Pauling therapy I've added 50 mg vitamin K per day, fish oil, magnesium, and iodine. 

The other big factor in my case was hepatitis C, but the viral load has been undetectable since February 2015.  For anybody who suffers from hepatitis C, there is a relatively unknown treatment that works: http://www.healthyhepper.com/berksonclinicalstudy.htm  This doesn't cost $1000 per day like the new drugs and it is far superior to the old treatment with interferon that only works half the time.

Persistent supplementing with 15-20 grams vitamin C and 50 mg vitamin K are having an effect.  I am hoping that the last piece of this puzzle is my thyroid.  My T3 has been about 2.6 for some years.  In correspondence with PJT, who sells the high potency vitamin K, he explained how he reduced his calcium score by 18% in 6 months by taking Armour thyroid and keeping his T3 between 4-6.  I saw my T3 in that range some years ago when I was  taking 25 mg of iodine per day.  I have to be careful not to overdose because I have had recurring episodes of atrial fibrillation.  Magnesium supplementation has controlled the a-fib, but too much iodine could conceivably lead to hyperthyroidism.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Significant progress against coronary artery disease!

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Following Linus Pauling's thearpy has cleared my superior mesenteric Artery and my mesenteric celiac artery..plan on using vitamin.c and lysine for the rest of my life..I had such terrible pain after eating and now that is all gone...wish more people would try this .. Would like to hear from others who have success stories ...

Frank51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Frank51 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:55 am

gmdodaro wrote: In correspondence with PJT, who sells the high potency vitamin K, he explained how he reduced his calcium score by 18% in 6 months by taking Armour thyroid and keeping his T3 between 4-6.  I saw my T3 in that range some years ago when I was  taking 25 mg of iodine per day.  I have to be careful not to overdose because I have had recurring episodes of atrial fibrillation.  Magnesium supplementation has controlled the a-fib, but too much iodine could conceivably lead to hyperthyroidism.

25 mg of iodine seems like quite a lot and I'm wondering what form you're taking. I take about 6 mg of nascent iodine per day and it seems to help my memory.

I also supplement magnesium in pill form and with transdermal magnesium oil to stop arrhythmias. When I forget to use the magnesium oil or just don't take the time the arrhythmias seem to come back.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by exitium » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:41 am

gmdodaro wrote:Persistent supplementing with 15-20 grams vitamin C and 50 mg vitamin K are having an effect.  I am hoping that the last piece of this puzzle is my thyroid.  My T3 has been about 2.6 for some years.  In correspondence with PJT, who sells the high potency vitamin K, he explained how he reduced his calcium score by 18% in 6 months by taking Armour thyroid and keeping his T3 between 4-6.  I saw my T3 in that range some years ago when I was  taking 25 mg of iodine per day.  I have to be careful not to overdose because I have had recurring episodes of atrial fibrillation.  Magnesium supplementation has controlled the a-fib, but too much iodine could conceivably lead to hyperthyroidism.

I dont know that I beleive too much iodine can cause hyperthyroidism. The body has a need for sure but too much doesnt always mean the body will use it. Most hormones in the body, thyroid hormones included, has various feedback mechanisms to keep various hormones within a certain range thats optimal for the organism in question.

I look at is like this, just because your cars gas tank is full doesnt mean the car goes faster than when the tank is 1/4 full. The gas at the tank doesnt control the speed, its the gas (and air) getting into the engine that controls the speed and that is all a function of and limited by many other things such as fuel pump, electricity feeding fuel pump, fuel lines, injectors etc..

I personally have been using 50mg lugols for years now with no negative effect. I do have a-fib prior to starting lugols and lugols, among many other supps, have done wonders at keeping it under control.

They key with iodine use is that the thyroid requires iodine, its one of the base elements for the thyroid hormones. Like most processes in the body there is waste created and in order for the body to properly deal with the waste selenium is required. If the body is lacking iodine AND selenium we see substandard thyroid function but generally no damage to the thyroid since the low lovels of iodine mean lower levels or byproducts so lower levels of selenium arent that big of a deal.

When you start to increase iodine levels, the toxic byproduct levels increase which means you also need more selenium to handle. Failure to get ample selenium while getting ample iodine the byproducts of thyroid hormone creation can not be effectively neutralized and the buildup of these byproducts is what causes thyroid damage which is what results in the thyroid malfunctioning.

I would also note that often times a-fib will happen to me when ever a new supplement is introduced. This is a transient stage that goes away usually within a few days to weeks.

I personally wouldnt resort to armour unless I was sure that iodine/selenium supplementation wasnt going to work but thats just me.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”