High Lp(a) is not changing on PT

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

High Lp(a) is not changing on PT

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:58 am

Have been on cardio see for almost a year twice daily dosage and my LPa went down a small bit. My doctor is telling me it is hereditary and almost impossible to change what are your thoughts. And being hereditary does that mean it is still dangerous since it's in my DNA?
Thanks

Yes, if your Lp(a) is really high, then the Pauling/Rath invention of Lp(a) binding inhibitors (vitamin C, lysine and now proline) are even more important to neutralize the sticky Lp(a) in the blood, rendering it inert, ie, unable to attach to the growing plaques inside the artery.

What is the Lp(a) number, what lab (was it measured?). Some time ago the FDA allowed labs to "calculate" rather than measure Lp(a), since "there was nothing that could be done about it anyway." And these calculations make little sense, because Lp(a) is a subset of LDL cholesterol. I have been told that Atherotech may have gone out of business, they had the highly accurate VAP test, so I am not sure what lab to recommend, just not a large national lab.

You may still be able to order the VAP / Lp(a) test from Life Extension (LEF.ORG) and you can also speak with their advisors. I was impressed because they had knowledge of research that the (amino acid-like) nutrient carnitine lowers Lp(a). Let us know what else they recommend to lower your Lp(a).

There is another little-known fact, at least to doctors in the USA, that statin-cholesterol drugs raise Lp(a). A warning to this effect can be found in Canadian versions of the US medical journals, See: http://naturesperfectstatin.com/canada.htm

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: High Lp(a) is not changing on PT

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:22 am

If this abnormal condition is generic , does it still effect my heart in a bad way?
313 nmol/L
Ideal is <75
Lab corp

You might call and ask if it is measured (or it may say calculated on the printout).

What is your total (and LDL) cholesterol. If that total in mg/dl is less than the Lp(a) after converting to nmol/l, then Houston, there is a problem.

The answer is that Lp(a) doesn't affect your heart directly, it affects the plumbing, it is part of the "healing process" that occludes arteries, making heart attack more likely due to narrow arteries and less blood flow. So by using the Lp(a) binding inhibitors, according to Linus Pauling, the arterial occulsion may be reversed or kept in check.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by johnyascorbate » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:32 am

Labcorp uses Athertech's VAP test technology. I had mine done there last year and I don't believe Quest offers it. It does look like Athertech closed shop earlier this year but I would see if you can still get the VAP test done through labcorp.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by Joanna45 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:37 am

I had a blood test today to check my cholesterol and lipoprotein a today ..should get the results in a couple of days.
I have been on the Pauling therapy now for 9 months and all symptoms have gone away ..I had mesenteric narrowing and mesenteric celiac artery narrowing approaching 50% ..symptoms were severe gut pain immediately after eating..and fatigue and some angina pain after excercising..will post the results when I get them back..

Joanna

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:32 am

Here are my new cholesterol levels and a comparison of the last 2 years.

Standard range _______________________9/8/12.______7/31/15______2/15/17

Cholesterol/Hdl ratio___________________2.8__________2.9___________2.5

Cholesterol. Total______________________193__________214___________187

HDL___________________________________68__________73_____________74

LDL___________________________________104_________126____________102

Triglycerides___________________________107__________73_____________53

I still have not gotten back the lipoprotein a test yet. will post as soon as I do.
I have been on Pauling therapy for 8 months now..any comments on my numbers would be appreciated.

Joanna
Last edited by Joanna45 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#6  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:19 am

Maybe Johnwen can comment on these numbers and I should have my test result tomorrow for the lpa(a) which I will post

Thanks
Joanna

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by Johnwen » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:57 pm

I hate to answer with a question but since your going to get your Lpa test results soon you can answer this simple question along with your report on Lpa. Then I can review it all for you!

Question:
Are you of Asian decent??? (Ie. Oriental??) :shock:

Just a yes or no would suffice.

Added:

Could you also verify that your LP(a) is in fact reported in nmol/L
And not mg/dL because LAB Corp. reports in mg/dL for LP(a)

http://testmenu.labcorp.com/test-menu/l ... f13f569be4

Because 313 nmol/L converts to 3.28 mg/dL!
You sure your not reading a CRP reading???
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by Joanna45 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:59 am

Johnwen..I'm not Asian and will post lipoprotein a when the test is back.
And the test results are in mg/dl readings.

Thanks
Johnwen

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#9  Post by Joanna45 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:11 am

Johnwen.
I just got a email from my doctor that the lab thinks I should not have th lpa test done as it was to expensive. He said he was going to cancel it...I contacted his office and asked him not cancel it and I would pay out of pocket...and that the lab had no right to give him that advice..and I needed to know that as the number is an indicator of heart disease...the nurse said it looks like it it still in progress so am waiting to hear back from my doctor..I'm sad about this... and can plainly see what is wrong with our health care system..
Joanna

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#10  Post by Joanna45 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:07 am

Johnwen
My doctor refuses to order the Lipoprotein a test .even though I was willing to pay for it ..he canceled the test because he said my lipid profile was excellent and the Lpa test was not necessary....as I live in Vermont it's hard to find a private lab.. that is less than 100 miles from where I live..I finally found one and Monday will set up and pay for the test out of pocket. I will also get a CRP test..
Will post the results here when I get them back..
Thank you Johnwen for all your help.
Joanna

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#11  Post by Joanna45 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:44 am

I found a walkin lab that will do tests for patients ..and having it done today ..should have the results by the end of the week..
Joanna
Last edited by Joanna45 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#12  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 am

Johnwen
I finally got the lab test back.

Lipoprotein a----------44nmol/l

CRP---------------0.58 mg/dl

And to answer your earlier question I am not Asian or (oriental)
Joanna

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by Johnwen » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Okay lets look at these figures in ranges that are more standard ranges!

44 nmol/L equals 12.4 mg/dL

Normal labs range is <30 mg/dL

So according to doc readings your in range!
However in real world ranges which is < 10 mg/dL
You’re a little high! By 2.4 mg/dL not a big deal however to get them back under 10.

My suggestion is to get some slo-Niacin and take one (500mg) right before bed! That way you’ll sleep thru the initial release and the flush associated with it. Do this for about 6 Month’s then get a recheck!
But your not in any kind of danger zone right now but keep up with your PT!

Now CRP:

Normal range for this 0-10 mg/L

So we’ll convert what you reported which is .58 mg/dL to mg/L
Which is 5.8 Mg/L so your in range there.

However a standard CRP test will not read a .58 mg/dL it has to done by what is called a hs-CRP test. Which reads levels below 3 mg/dL.
According to this you have a little inflammation!

Since I don’t know your age my guess would be a touch of osteoporosis or some arty (arthritis)!
Probably something you don’t consciously notice but your body recognizes it.
I would get some K2-D3 to get the calcium back in the bones!

All said these are pretty good readings so don’t panic your on a good path!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#14  Post by Joanna45 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Thank you Johnwen for taking the time to respond.
My age is 71..and I am 5'2" and weigh 121lbs I try to eat healthy and eat mostly Whole Foods and locally grown and that is easy to do as I live in Vermont and have many farmers markets in my area..I am not in any pain so don't take any kind of pain meds. I do have a little osteoarthritis but no pain. I have a very active life so was surprised to when I was diagnosed with 48% superior mesenteric artery narrowing and same with the celiac artery. But my heart did not have any narrowing and the inferior mesenteric arteries were all good also. Had a lot of pain immediately after eating but after just one week on PT from tower labs that all went away and now feel great. Just added k2 a couple of weeks ago and have taken 2000mg of vitamin D for about 4 years now. Will get some slo-niacin and start taking that.
Joanna

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”