L-Citrulline dosage questions for bypass patient (Johnwen)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

L-Citrulline dosage questions for bypass patient (Johnwen)

Post Number:#1  Post by ChuckArbogast » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:27 am

Johnwen or others,

What is the best dosage of L-Citrulline to take to get enough Nitric Oxide levels to help with my bypass surgery that used both arteries and veins?
Specifically,
- How many mg to take per dose?
- How many doses to take per day?
- Can I mix the powder with any supplement or are there supplements that would compete with Citrulline?
- Should I also take L-Arginine as well? If so, same questions above apply.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

Frank51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: L-Citrulline dosage questions for bypass patient (Johnwen)

Post Number:#2  Post by Frank51 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:55 am

Chuck there was a thread here where this was discussed in the past on whether there is an antagonism between lysine and argenine. The dailey dosages being taken were mentioned also in a post or two. I don't know if you've read this thread but I'll link to it. There are other links in that thread for further reading on the subject.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11324

I'm taking 1.5 grams of L-Arganine and the same amount of citruline per day too. I don't know if thats enough but I'm curious about what would be the best dosage as well. It hasn't been quite two years since I had cabgx5 and I'm doing well with the pauling therapy and other supplemts recommended by Owen in his book. I haven't taken any prescription medications after six weeks of recovery from the surgery.

Frank

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Chuck- on the L-citrulline shoot for about 3grams a day!

They usually come in 1500mg caps so two a day.

L-Arginine usually comes in 500 mg. add two a day of these!

Both should be taken away from meals so an hour before an a hour after would be your, NO Take Zone!!

Frank- Good work!! Don’t stop any of this not even for a single day!!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by ChuckArbogast » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Frank51 wrote:Chuck there was a thread here where this was discussed in the past on whether there is an antagonism between lysine and argenine. The dailey dosages being taken were mentioned also in a post or two. I don't know if you've read this thread but I'll link to it. There are other links in that thread for further reading on the subject.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11324

I'm taking 1.5 grams of L-Arganine and the same amount of citruline per day too. I don't know if thats enough but I'm curious about what would be the best dosage as well. It hasn't been quite two years since I had cabgx5 and I'm doing well with the pauling therapy and other supplemts recommended by Owen in his book. I haven't taken any prescription medications after six weeks of recovery from the surgery.

Frank

Frank,
Thanks for the information. I hadn't seen that post.
Chuck

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by ChuckArbogast » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Johnwen wrote:Chuck- on the L-citrulline shoot for about 3grams a day!

They usually come in 1500mg caps so two a day.

L-Arginine usually comes in 500 mg. add two a day of these!

Both should be taken away from meals so an hour before an a hour after would be your, NO Take Zone!!

Frank- Good work!! Don’t stop any of this not even for a single day!!!!

Johnwen,
Thanks for that information.
So if I understand you right I should take 1500mg of citrulline and 500mg of arginine, 2 times a day, 1 hour after and before meals. Is that correct?

If so, can I take the citrulline and arginine at the same time? I want to take them in powder form, so I would mix them both in water.
Is it ok to take this once a day instead of twice a day? I would take the full amount, just not broken into two. The reason for me wanting to do this is that it hard for me to get a full hour before and after a meal. I can do that after my last meal but it would hard throughout the day at work.

Also, is it ok to mix Citrulline, Arginine, Vitamin C, Lysine and Proline together in a drink mix at one time?

As always, your help is appreciated,
Chuck

Frank51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by Frank51 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:52 pm

Chuck thought I'd comment again because I didn't find it easy to juggle the times between taking vit c, lysine and other supplements.

I was taking citruline, argentine and d-ribose powder mixed in water about an hour away from taking the vitamin c and lysine. I'd forget to take it and then it would be time to take the vitamin c. I have the powder form so I got a capsule machine and some 00 size capsules to make my own. I have a gram scale and the 00 caps packed full weigh about 750mg. Guess I'll double the amount of citruline I'm taking and keep on taking the argentine with it too.

I've found that taking a small bite of banana, mashing it up in my mouth, slipping a couple of pills in and coating them with the banana mixture makes it really easy to swallow pills :-).

Johnwen thanks for answering Chucks question and the encouragement for me.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”