Physician has question about drug interaction

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Physician has question about drug interaction

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:11 am

Hi,
Quick question....
A friend of mine asked if her dad can take the Cardio -C if he is on these medicines : aspirin, ramipril, rosuvastatin, bisoprolol, nitroglycerin (if needed). Thanks for your help and advice.

This is johnwen's domain, but I'll add what I think I know..

If you look at the early testimonials, heart patients were usually at the end of their ropes and on a myriad of drugs for their conditions. Almost everyone recovered quickly on Pauling's therapy - and they didn't stop taking their drugs (right away.) Everything in Cardio-C (e.g. vitamin C, lysine and proline) are nutrients necessary for life, and vitamin C and lysine are essential - meaning you must have them in the diet to survive. The only issue is dosage, but, again, from the history, the Pauling Therapy (e.g. Cardio-C) only makes very sick people well.

Most people quickly wean any drugs, but this can be problematic since most heart patients don't discuss what they are doing with their doctors. I think usually the better test results are all that is needed to reduce the drug prescriptions. (Docs naturally figure that their treatments are working... etc.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Physician has question about drug interaction

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:28 am

Rosuvastatin aka Crestor ! Statin

This is probably causing more problems then good !

Would suggest he get started on some CQ-10 with L-Carnitine.
Min. 100 mg. to counter act the damage being done by the statin!

As far as the rest of the drugs!

Asprin should be 81mg bid

Bisoprolol -Beta blocker watch for decrease in EF and GFR!
Not a big fan of beta blockers, should be used only as needed then titrated off them!

Ramipril- Altace, Ace inhibitor, dosage as needed for BP control

Nitro- probably Nitrostat sub lingual.
Would switch this to Imdur (isosorbide Mono nitrate) 30mg as a prophylactic to prevent angina and keep the sub lingual as a emergency stand by. This would also lower their bp so an adjustment maybe be needed for the ramipril. Dilated arteries give more room for the V-c to do it’s job!!

Sorry for the editorial on these drugs but my feelings are if a person is trying to get straightened out with a problem (as obvious by the Cardio-C use) don’t try to counter their attempts!!

Anyway back to the question!

No!! there is No reaction between any of these drugs and Cardio C.
However as Good Practice one should allow at least 1 Hour between taking any of the named drugs and the Cardio C. Because some of the fillers used in these drugs can slow or prevent the absorption of V-c in vivo.

Hope this helps!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”