Do you have to take statins after stent placement?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Do you have to take statins after stent placement?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:44 am

Can someone please address this question? I don't want to take statins. Are there any safe alternatives, or once you have a stent, is it too Late?

This is my personal opinion and I am not a doctor.

I think cardiologists reflexively prescribe statins to any person with heart disease, and they think they should be able to prescribe them for virtually any one, including children.

Cardiologists assume that what they see and are told is based on great science, or at least science. It is hard for them to fathom that the entire body of "research" on the statin drugs is basically a hoax.. The only reason I could figure it out is because of the Pauling theory, (thank you Linus!). In Pauling's view, Lp(a) is a surrogate for vitamin C, working to strengthen weak arteries. Based on the Pauling/Rath theory, it makes no sense to cut back on the material arteries are trying to use to fix the lesions that are appearing! The body is making more cholesterol to help in the battle, and then comes along a drug that inhibits the production of cholesterol, the very thing the body is trying hard to make.

So with that in mind I took a look at the studies (Pfizer brags on TV that there have been more than 400 studies of Lipitor alone.) Probably true, because they haven't yet had one study that shows much if any benefit - like an insane person, they keep tyring..) basically other than one "fluke" study (called Jupiter, and was stopped as usual as soon as a mild good result was noticed) there are not studies that show long term benefit from taking statins. Apparently the 27 BILLION $$ per year made on these drugs is much more important that any science.

So off my soap box. You have probably seen all the real science that statins cause heart failure, etc etc.

To my knowledge there is nothing special about taking a statin after they have inserted a stent (hopefully a plain metal stent, and not a medicated or radiactive stent). I have described a lot of this in my book. You have what ever they gave you, but vitamin C is always important for someone with a stent always.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”