Latest tests results with some strange results

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Latest tests results with some strange results

Post Number:#1  Post by ChuckArbogast » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:32 am

Hello,
I just had blood work done on 12/30/2016 that my family doctor wanted me to take. It was a complete lipid panel and a comprehensive metabolic panel.

Here are the results compared to the last time I had these done on 4/28/2016:
Name-------------------4/28/16----12/30/16----Standard range desired by hospital with units
Total Cholesterol------155----------238-----------<=200 mg/dl
HDL---------------------40-----------45-------------40-60 mg/dl
LDL (Calculated)------101----------155------------<100 mg/dl
Non-HDL Cholesterol--115----------193------------<130 mg/dl
Triglycerides-----------70------------190------------30-150 mg/dl
Everything on the comprehensive metabolic panel was within range, including Glucose which was 94 mg/dl

The 4/28/16 information was when I was taking 10mg of liptor, which I stopped taking altogether in mid May.
I have been taking the following supplements:
Vitamin C = at least 4 grams 3 times a day since 3/19/16
Lysine = at least 2.5 grams a day since 3/19/16
Proline = at least 2 grams a day since 10/23/16 (due to having bypass surgery on 10/23/2015)
Vitamin A = 10000 IU a day since 4/6/16
Vitamin B Complex = 1 capsule a day since 6/2/15
Vitamin E = 1200 IU a day since 4/6/16
CoQ10 (Ubiquinol) = 200 mg a day since 6/2/15
Vitamin K1 * K2 = 1500 mcg of K1, 1000 mcg of K2(M-4) & 200 mcg of K2(M-7)(Super K from Life Extension) a day since 6/6/15
Vitamin D3 = 5000 IU a day since 2/17/15
Vitamin B3 = 2 grams per day since 11/22/16
Magnesium Glycinate = 700 mg per day since 3/19/16
Arginine = 3 grams per day since 10/23/16
Citrulline = 6 grams per day since 10/23/16
Potassium Bicarbonate = 1.6 grams per day since 3/19/16
Nattokinase = 2000 FU per day since 10/18/16
Serrapeptase = 80000 SPU per day since 10/18/16
Omega 3 & Omega 7 = 1 capsule a day since 8/4/15

As you can see I am throwing a lot of supplements at this, some I have been taking over a year, and still my Cholesterol numbers are high, at least per the doctors.

Also, for those that do not know, I had a heart attack on 1/6/15 where a stent was put in, that stent was blocked within 3 months and then I had bypass surgery on 5 arteries (2 bypasses used arteries and the other 3 used veins) on 10/23/15. My goal is git rid of blockages left and don't have my arteries close back up.

Are these numbers off based on what I have done?
What can I do different?
Why is my Tryglycerides so high now? I fasted for at least 12 hours like I always do?

I must admit, that the last month prior to this last test (Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday times in the US), that I didn't eat as good (i.e. eating more junk with sugar, eating less salads, etc.) and worked out less. Could that have been the reason for the elevated numbers? I just can't understand why they are that high with all of the supplementing I am doing that is supposed to help.

Please let me know the error in my ways.

Thanks,
Chuck

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Latest tests results with some strange results

Post Number:#2  Post by ChuckArbogast » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:40 pm

No one has any opinions? Owen? I just thought things would have been better than that.

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by Jacquie » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Your post-liptor results look similar to another person's who I know in real life, who has been on a long list of supplements like yours, for at least a year, without seeing lowered cholesterol numbers. My hypothesis is that there is still a lot of toxin load in his blood, and the cholesterol is elevated due to that.

An alternate suggestion: Life Extension Foundation says they think fasting blood sugar over 85 is a sign of impending trouble. They would say your level of 94 indicates early problems with your body's control of blood sugar, and elevated blood sugar can cause damage and inflammation all by itself (and inflammation raises cholesterol).

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by ChuckArbogast » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:07 am

Jacquie wrote:Your post-liptor results look similar to another person's who I know in real life, who has been on a long list of supplements like yours, for at least a year, without seeing lowered cholesterol numbers. My hypothesis is that there is still a lot of toxin load in his blood, and the cholesterol is elevated due to that.

An alternate suggestion: Life Extension Foundation says they think fasting blood sugar over 85 is a sign of impending trouble. They would say your level of 94 indicates early problems with your body's control of blood sugar, and elevated blood sugar can cause damage and inflammation all by itself (and inflammation raises cholesterol).

Jacquie,
Thanks so much for your reply. It seems like I am not alone. Has the person your are mentioning got their numbers lower or is it still a work in progress? If they did, what worked?

I know my bad eating habits for the last two months probably influenced most of it and I have already got back to eating better, so maybe that is all I need.

Thanks again for your help,
Chuck

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by Jacquie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:35 pm

I'm still waiting to see more test results... he had his last blood work done last April, and when I suggested he have a 6 month blood work follow-up he griped about "being treated like a pin cushion" and said only once a year. Apparently he has a bit of a needle phobia. :roll: But anyway, he will have more results in a few months and I'll let you know what I find out.

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by ChuckArbogast » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:28 am

Thanks!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:58 am

It is not unexpected that cholesterol will rise upon stopping a cholesterol-lowering drug (statins mask symptoms but in my opinion they cannot address the root cause of your problems).

No one argues the fact that statins lower cholesterol. We argue whether such lowering is good for heart patients. Your body is producing the cholesterol for its own benefit.

Cholesterol is your friend, and with the exception of the sticky Lp(a) I wouldn't worry about any cholesterol number so long as you are taking AT LEAST 6 grams of vitamin C and lysine daily.

I take this for granted, but I realize most people are influenced by what they see and read in the media. This is a great article for understanding the basics written by a pharmacist
: http://www.ourhealthcoop.com/pdf/MikeCiell_unified_theory.pdf
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:58 am

It is not unexpected that cholesterol will rise upon stopping a cholesterol-lowering drug (statins mask symptoms but in my opinion they cannot address the root cause of your problems).

No one argues the fact that statins lower cholesterol. We argue whether such lowering is good for heart patients. Your body is producing the cholesterol for its own benefit.

Cholesterol is your friend, and with the exception of the sticky Lp(a) I wouldn't worry about any cholesterol number so long as you are taking AT LEAST 6 grams of vitamin C and lysine daily.

I take this for granted, but I realize most people are influenced by what they see and read in the media. This is a great article for understanding the basics written by a pharmacist
: http://www.ourhealthcoop.com/pdf/MikeCiell_unified_theory.pdf
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ChuckArbogast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by ChuckArbogast » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks Owen for the words of encouragement. I feel like it may have been my poor diet choices the past few months. I take at least 4g of Vitamin C 3 times a day, 6g of Lysine 1 time a day and 2g of Proline 1 time a day. So, I should be good based on that.

Thanks again,
Chuck

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”