Study says no link between cholesterol and heart disease

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Study says no link between cholesterol and heart disease

Post Number:#1  Post by maryclaire » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:31 pm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedheal ... t-disease/

I want to believe this study because I feel darn good but have high cholesterol. Since I'm over 60, it looks like LDL is better high than low. Would love to see a discussion on this as many of my sisters and brothers are either on a statin (not me!) or encouraged to get on one. Thanks!

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Study says no link between cholesterol and heart disease

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:13 am

I want to believe that also I don't think that cholesterol is the bad guy...I think it is very low vitamin C levels ..I had significant narrowing of mt superior mesenteric artery ..I'm on Heart Tech 2 jars a month from tower labs. And it has cleared all my symptoms.I'm going to have a repeat test in march to look at the Arteries again but I feel great no angina pan and no gut pain ..and this went away after only a week on the Heart Tech..

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by tjohnson_nb » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:18 am

Well isn't it Lp(a) that we need to worry about? My understanding is that high total cholesterol is a sign of inflammation, probably high oxidative stress, and this is why ascorbate therapy reduces total cholesterol.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by maryclaire » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:05 am

My lipo(a) was 32 nmol/L the last time I had it tested which I think is good. Does this mean I still have high inflammation due to high cholesterol? I thought the reports wanted people over 60 to have higher numbers?

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by maryclaire » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:59 am

According to research higher ldl led to longer life when age over 60. My crp was .012 mg/dl so pretty low and my total cholesterol at that time was 233.

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by maryclaire » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:27 pm

It's in the third paragraph of the linked study in my initial post.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by tjohnson_nb » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:16 pm

maryclaire wrote:According to research higher ldl led to longer life when age over 60. My crp was .012 mg/dl so pretty low and my total cholesterol at that time was 233.

I think high dose ascorbate will normalize total cholestrerol to around 180 if I am not mistaken.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:53 am

I believe that high cholesterol is used by the body to repair the brain and nervous system, just like it can be used to plug holes in the circulatory system. The brain and nervous system is made up of large amounts of cholesterol. Using statins is a big mistake which will reduce the bodies attempts to repair damage leading to problems. Drug companies will continue to try and cover this up to maintain their profits. Hopefully independent researchers will discover this before it is too late for many people.

The body does not do things without reason, it knows far better than science what the body needs! The body just needs the required nutrients to prevent it having a harmful effect while it carries out it's work. This forum should be provide the information and vital nutrients that the body needs to repair the damage without causing negative consequences.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”