German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

Post Number:#421  Post by Frodo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:58 am

pamojja wrote:
Frodo wrote:This does not correspond to the Pauling/Rath therapy.

I'm 53 and it does correspont to the Linus Pauling therapy. Rath's therapy is very different and uses only tiny doses in comparison.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US5278189A/en

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

The foregoing needs in the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease are met by the methods and compositions of the present invention.

A method is provided for the treatment of occlusive cardiovascular disease, comprising the step of administering to a subject an effective amount of ascorbate and one or more binding inhibitors, as a mixture or as a compound comprising ascorbate covalently linked with binding inhibitors, which inhibit the binding of Lp(a) to blood vessel walls, such as arterial walls. This effect may also be obtained by administering an effective amount of one or more inhibitors, without ascorbate. The term binding inhibitor throughout the specification and claims is intended to include all substances that have an affinity for the lysine binding site present on the interior walls of blood vessels, particularly arteries, the site of Lp(a) binding. Most of these substances compete with plasmin for the lysine binding site and some of these compounds, in high doses, are in clinical use for the treatment of hyperfibrinolytic states.

Even if it doesn't lower Lp(a), it still inhibits the binding of Lp(a) to blood vessel walls. Theoretically.

Practically I experienced a remission from a 60% walking-disablity due to PAD, a 80% stenosis at my abdominal aorta bifurcation. As unexpected side-effects further remissions: COPD, T2D, NAFLD, CKD, ME/CFS..[/

That is indeed a whole range of diseases. But I miss your heart. How is your heart disease diagnosed? Do you have stents or bypasses? Or is it ok?

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#422  Post by Frodo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:10 am

pamojja
I probably made a mistake when posting. But I think you see my question.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#423  Post by pamojja » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:06 pm

I had cardio-vascular-disease (CVD) by way of PAD diagnosed. Not by a narrowing of heart-arteries, but at the abdominal aorta bifurcation.

Peripheral artery disease (PAD) is one kind of CVD, as is heart-disease and stroke. Though a brain MRI did show an old stroke in my cerebellium, that must have occured as a toddler, since I don't remember having experienced any of its symptoms. No narrowing of heart arteries in my case. Though I did experience angina-like chestpains, they went away simply by using enough CoQ10. MDs sure wanted to replace my aorta down my legs with a synthetic goretex-like Y-shaped prosthesis. I thought that's utterly crazy, before trying other non-invasive means. Would think the same of stents or bypasses, if still conscious.

One can have it only in the perphery, or the heart, or the brain. Or a mix of those. But not neccesarily.

However, I think better to let this completely hilarious endless off-topic thread die. The title is a contratiction itself, since Pauling therapy also works without lowering Lp(a), already expained in Pauling's patent. I usually don't read here, only did because you requested by PM yesterday.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#424  Post by Frodo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:33 am

My topic has almost reached 80.000 views. I‘m glad about it. And it shows that many are interested in the information I have collected here in the meantime. They have helped me on my attempt of self-healing, where I‘ve learned a lot. I hope, that I also can help many others with it. I am convinced, that I will continue to be successful with my self-experiment, which will also be reported in the next issue of „Rath International“.
Note: You can also visit me on my facebook page „Hansen Diel“

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#425  Post by Frodo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:39 am

Cardiologist Dr. Joel K. Kahn has written a new book entitled „Lipoprotein(a) - The Heart‘s Quiet Killer“. If you now expect a book with comprehensive information about lp(a), you should definitely note the subtitle: „A Diet & Lifestyle Guide“.
The book has 156 pages. 104 of them with colorfully illustrated recipes. Only 32 pages are dedicated to lp(a), with a focus on plant-based diet. The rest are resources, references and index. The book is certainly not meant for someone who has been dealing with lp(a) for a long time. I am disappointed anyway, at a price of 19,95 after all.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#426  Post by Frodo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:54 am

I will do my lp(a) check not until next week. Because again I missed to drink enough and then my blood becomes too thick. As I noticed, this increases the measured value. I have also found that a limitation of the glomular filtration rate (GFR) is associated with an increased plasma concentration of lp(a) (I read it in Austrian Journal of Cardiology, 2015; 22 (5-6), 115-118, and have tested it). This also depends on the fluid intake.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#427  Post by Frodo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:15 am

Frodo wrote:I will do my lp(a) check not until next week. Because again I missed to drink enough and then my blood becomes too thick. As I noticed, this increases the measured value. I have also found that a limitation of the glomular filtration rate (GFR) is associated with an increased plasma concentration of lp(a) (I read it in Austrian Journal of Cardiology, 2015; 22 (5-6), 115-118, and have tested it). This also depends on the fluid intake.
Frodo wrote:I will do my lp(a) check not until next week. Because again I missed to drink enough and then my blood becomes too thick. As I noticed, this increases the measured value. I have also found that a limitation of the glomerular filtration rate (GFR) is associated with an increased plasma concentration of lp(a) (I read it in Austrian Journal of Cardiology, 2015; 22 (5-6), 115-118, and have tested it). This also depends on the fluid intake.

Sorry, there was a mistake in my translation: GFR, glomerular filtration rate (I think, now it‘s correct). That‘s the filtering performance of the kidneys.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#428  Post by Frodo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:28 am

I got my lab values today. Lp(a)‘s down to 135 nmol/l. Unbelievable. Within 4 months from 218 to 135. Clear proof that it works. What exactly is not yet certain. I have increased niacin (2 g) and proline (3 g). And added a lot of liquid before blood test. Great result.
My other values, measured only exceptionally: total cholesterol 212, hdl 107, ldl 105. Total cholesterol too low given the high hdl.
My next check I‘ll do in October this year.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#429  Post by Frodo » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:54 am

Owen
I found an interesting but questionable study: Horie H, Takahashi M, Izumi M, et al. Association of an acute reduction in lipoprotein(a) with coronary restenosis after percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty,. Circulation, 1997; 96(1):166-173.
They measured serum lp(a) before and 1 day after PTCA in 143 procedures and 3 days after and 4 months after PTCA in 62 procedures. Restenosis was recognized in 25,9 %, 35,7 % and 38,5 % of the cases 4 months after PTCA for each criterion, respectively.
They found a significant reduction in lp(a) in the restenosis but not the no-restenosis group 1 day after PTCA. And concluded: Lp(a) levels were significantly higher in the restenosis group, and they fell significantly after PTCA in the restenosis group. The absolute change in lp(a) (before versus 1 day after) was the sole predictor of restenosis among the parameters examined.
I think, it will be so, that the risk is higher in the group with elevated lp(a). But I don‘t see a reason why lp(a) should decrease in this group after PTCA.
Do you have an explanation, Owen?

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#430  Post by Frodo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:50 am

„If you have more than 20 mg/dl of Lp(a) in your blood it begins to deposit plaques, causing atherosclerosis,“ said Linus Pauling - cited in Owen‘s book „Practicing Medicine Without...“, page 52.
I am trying to reduce my lp(a) concentration. But I have some basic questions about lp(a) to which I have not yet found an answer - although I know the cause of heart disease is a lack of vital substances, especially vitamin C, not lp(a).
- Why should a genetically determined high lp(a) be harmful?
- Why should I lower lp(a), if the body produces again and again - genetically caused - new?
- Does lp(a) only rise when the body needs it?
- Why should lp(a) deposits on the walls of the vessels if there is no reason for it.
- If already with toddlers lp(a) is high (German study: Genzel-Boroviczeny O, et al. Lipoprotein(a) im Kindesalter), should they then try to lower lp(a) for life (with flush niacin or apheresis or others)?
- Do only people with heart disease (and perhaps some other disease) have high lp(a)?
Dr. Stephen Sinatra (and others) says: „Nature didn‘t equip you with a system designed to kill you.“ I think, he is right. Otherwise everyone with a genetically high lp(a) would have long since died out.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#431  Post by Frodo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:28 am

An interesting article by Dr. Andrew Saul. Always worth reading. www.doctoryourself.com/niacin.html (Dr. Saul wrote about it on Facebook).
According to Dr. Hoffer, I take it immediately after finishing a meal and together with flush free niacin (contains niacin and inositol). And a glass of water. Mostly that helps.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#432  Post by Frodo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:38 am

A tip:
Dr. Saul referred to a children‘s book on vitamin C „Buttercup, Me, and Vitamin C“, for which he wrote the preface. There is a free download for the book. Our granddaughter knows the miracle cure vitamin C, and thinks the book is beautiful. The link is to long for me to copy it (and I don‘t know how). You can find it on Dr. Andrew Saul‘s facebook page (August 4th). Or on my facebook page „Hansen Diel“.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#433  Post by DiverDown2 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:01 am

Got my LP-a test results back today:
Lipoprotein (a) = 204.9 High nmol/L <75.0
Last time it was 175, time before that it was 224.
It seems no matter what I do nothing works, so I just keep taking PT at max. dosage.
If anyone has some answers, please Post.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#434  Post by Frodo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 am

Look at my post 428. How many niacin and proline do you take? And did you drink enough before?
But also look at my post 430 and my questions.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#435  Post by DiverDown2 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:09 am

You could really be on to something, with Niacin and Proline.
I only take 200mg. niacin and 1.2 Grams proline, looking back when my LP-a dropped to 175 I was taking 2 Grams proline.
So I will increase L-Proline to 3 Grams, and try to get my Niacin intake up, the Flush is awful.
yes I always hydrate before blood draw.

My question is inflammation the cause of high LP-a ?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”