Apparent Pauling Therapy Failure - Calcium scores

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Apparent Pauling Therapy Failure - Calcium scores

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:11 am

Hello Owen,

Rob told me to write you. I hoping that you can help me. I am 62 years old, not over weight, I work out 5 times a week, eat a mostly organic diet and I appear to be in good health. Back in October of last year I had a Cardiac Calcium CT scan done out of curiosity. My score was 313! So I immediately went on the Pauling therapy. I take the Cardio-C three times a day, plus and additional 8 grams of vitamin C. I am also taking 1 Super K a day and 1 unique E a day. This week I went and had another CT scan done and it was actually worse. My score this time was 317! Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

David

The issue is the score from a Fast CT scan, correct? About 4 months.

How do you feel? Are you on any heart medications?

I see from your purchase history that you are (or have been) doing exactly the correct protocol, and we now know that the vitamin K is required for a reduction in the calcium scores. (This Japanese vitamin K research happened after Linus Pauling died.)

We don't know exactly how long it takes to resolve arteries with calcium, but probably not more than one year.

Here is what I think I know about the arterial calcification (which are detected by the FAST CT scans).

#1 many drugs, especially vitamin K blocking "blood thinners" lead to rapid calcification of soft tissues.. Hundreds of studies.. All the heart patients on these drugs are making their arteries rock hard.

#2 - you can have calcification - but the arteries can be wide open with no blockage.

The anecdote I've told many times. Bill Decker, the founder of Tower Laboratories and a friend of Linus Pauling invented Tower Heart Technology and took a therapeutic dosage. A few years in, a friend of Decker's invented a new Fast CT Scanner, and asked Bill if he "wanted to see how well his product worked." So Decker took the scan, and it reported "massive calcification." (Despite the years on Heart Technology) Decker checked himself into a hospital for an angiogram. The cardiologist said his arteries were "wide open" and they found no blockages.

From this we learned that a high calcium score does not mean your arteries a narrowing. If you think of an artery like a pipe, the calcium either becomes part of the pipe, or builds up on the outside, (unlike a normal cholesterol (Lp(a) plaque which does narrow the artery during the repair.)

Decker also had high blood pressure - which we attribute to the hard arteries not being able to dilate properly.

Subsequently, we were at a trade show and both took a Cardio-Vision test. (A unit that measures arterial stiffness.) My reading was normal, but Deckers was about 5 times as "stiff." Very high.

I had just read the Life Extension article about vitamin K acting like a hormone to move calcium from soft tissues into bones, and told Decker. He added one thing - vitamin K - to his regimen.

A year later, we were at the same conference, and his CardioVision ASI (arterial stiffness index) had dropped and was identical to mine. The only difference was one vitamin K pill daily for one year.

#3 Dr. Sydney Bush routinely monitors ordinary plaque build up in the capillaries in the retina. It is usually a soft white atheroma... Thought to be irreversible, but he could see it responding to vitamins C and other nutrients. However, he could not resolve calcified capillaries.. Almost by accident, a patient with (former) calcification came back a year later, after had adopted Bush's nutritional protocol - and Dr. Bush noticed the calcification were gone!

Again, this was over a period more than a year.

And it is good to remember Pauling's advice regarding vitamin C - don't stop, even for a single day.

My book is full of people who felt completely cured, stopped taking their vitamin C, and suffered a heart attack six months later.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”